Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4b5490ce.jpg
DSCF0227.JPG
DSCF0226.JPG
DSCF0225.JPG
#1 14 years ago

I've made room for the Gottlieb Torch. It should be here within a few hours. I'll post some pics and more info on this thread once it arrives.

The guy just called. They can't find the coin door key. I got another $50 off. This thing is going to be almost free soon.

#2 14 years ago

Awesome...I see a drill in your future...or the Jim Rockford lock picking set.

#3 14 years ago

Just got it in. It turned on just fine but won't take a quarter or dollar coin and it's not in free play mode. I found the key for the backglass but the one on the coin door is a new different one so it's drill time soon. I'm thinking right now there is next to nothing really wrong with it except for a weak player 2 display. Here's the first pics. I'll let you know more later after I drill out the coin door lock. What did you all buy for less than a hundred dollars today ???

DSCF0225.JPGDSCF0225.JPG DSCF0226.JPGDSCF0226.JPG

#4 14 years ago

Wow, less than $100 and it works; amazing pick-up!!! Congrats!

#5 14 years ago

wow not a whole lot in that back box,
a great find Brokedad

#6 14 years ago

It seems to have newer electronics. The date codes on the chips indicate 1995.
I expected the older spider chip boards people talked about. The weak display has come up quite a bit in brightness now that the machine has warmed above freezing. One good sign is the coins fall through to the return door. That means to me the mechanisms are intact behind the door.

Still looking for my hardened metal drill bits.

#7 14 years ago

I just got it drilled out. There is a Nu-Wumpf Replacement CPU manual inside and also the old CPU board. There are also replacement lamps, the original key coin door key, the old rubber set (all the rubbers are pretty new)... WOOHOOO !!!!

#8 14 years ago

I just got it drilled out. There is a Ni-Wumpf Replacement CPU manual inside and also the old CPU board. There are also replacement lamps, the original key coin door key, the old rubber set (all the rubbers are pretty new)... WOOHOOO !!!! Everything is working but the ball not kicking out .. looking into that now. The Ball trough kicker coil is frozen stiff... it seems to be the only problem except for some burned out lamps and one pop bumper top has a tab broken off one side.

DSCF0227.JPGDSCF0227.JPG

#9 14 years ago

Alright, now you're just rubbing it in! Anything else in there, lottery tickets, vacation tickets, a pile of cash?

#10 14 years ago

find any money in it.......?

#11 14 years ago

Sorry no money or lottery tickets inside. I'm ordering a couple of the ball shooter coils, new pop bumper caps, cabinet lock etc now .. I'm not having any trouble finding them.

Edit: After digging through the cabinet dust I did find fiddy cents (two quarters)

#12 14 years ago

Incredible , lucky guy !

Do you know this article (Pb display) ? Certainly . I use with success.
http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/index.htm#display

Bye.

#13 14 years ago

Thanks for the link lb45 .. that display came up to near the same brightness after things warmed up so I'm not replacing it right now. If it does get worse I will move it to the player four position. This guy was so young (like 25 at most). The playfield is in super nice shape. The backglass does have some pitting and marbling. Like somebody else said it will be a neat machine to own when the Olympics return soon.

Heck .. the Ni-Wumpf board in there is worth more than I paid for the whole machine.

Now we wait for some pics from maldoror on the F-14 find and also some from MCO on the laser war he's getting for free.

#14 14 years ago

Where are the legs??? No wonder it was cheap. I would have passed on that pin due to the height limitations....

#15 14 years ago

Who'd you buy it from? The Pit Boss?

#16 14 years ago

Sweet deal, plus all the bonuses, what a steal.

Now I just want to find one like that here in Switzerland.

Have fun restoring it, and then playing.

Cheers
Steve

#17 14 years ago

Quote: "Where are the legs??? No wonder it was cheap. I would have passed on that pin due to the height limitations.... "

It's more than tall enough for me .. btw say hello to my new mistress

4b5490ce.jpg4b5490ce.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waiting-to-pass-the-torch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.