image-52.jpg
coindoorleds 021.JPG
coindoorleds 020.JPG
coindoorleds 015.JPG
coindoorleds 002.JPG
image-451.jpg
image.jpg
new translite.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#110 9 years ago

Is this the place to wait for new ST code? OK, thanks - I'll take my seat over there, and wait patiently.

1 week later
#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

We'll be waiting longer than the Metallica folks did for an even smaller sized update.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh did you want a good rumor?

Sir, yes sir!

#149 9 years ago

My wife and I stayed up last night drinking and playing ST. We had a blast. I'm really enjoying the game 'as is', yet understand the code is an early version.

I'm optimistic that the next code update will be a huge one. I'm expecting to see the callouts from Carl, an updated light show that utilizes the now unused flashers, some updated rules, bug fixes, etc.

Thankfully, I'm not to the point where I'm frustrated waiting for code. I've only had ST for about a month or so, and I'm really enjoying it. I played it a ton before buying - so I knew what I was getting. As such, I'm not going to swear off NIB pins. I've NEVER payed for a pin before playing it....can't imagine being so crazy.

#156 9 years ago

Just for fun, I'll go on record saying new code won't drop until September 15. ...I have no real reason to pick that date - just a guess. Let the countdown begin.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I really don't mind the code either.

I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't enjoy the code already. I played a bunch last night. it's FUN!! That being said, some of the call-outs are getting a little repetitive, and there is still a TON of room for improvement.

My guess for new code still stands at September 15.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I'm thinking before the end of July myself. Just a hunch.

I wish you guys were right, but I'm sticking to my guess of September 15.

#277 9 years ago

I went and re-watched this video. I kinda chuckled when Karl says 'coming soon'.

#289 9 years ago

I'm typing this while my 9 year old is playing ST .... he's loving it - hitting those flashing lights.

Of course, now that he's played with me enough, he knows the rules pretty well. Had his first double 'three in a row' recently. ...I'm still in the honeymoon phase of ownership. SOOO, love the light show, most sounds are awesome (yes, the longer lines are repetitive). But man, am I stoked about the update and the potential this pin has. I had Avatar a while back, and the custom call-louts for it were great. I'm really hopeful the Karl Urban speech pack will add a ton of variety, and add that to some updated rules and ...even some additions to the already spectacular light show, and WOW we will have a winner.

#292 9 years ago

...i'm so slow...long edit above...

Quoted from TimeBandit:

This machine is going to kick ass with new code.

+1

#307 9 years ago

Hey now, that date has been taken. I picked September 15 back on page 4.

#309 9 years ago

Didn't you read the title? This is the WAITING room.

1 week later
#345 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hardly anyone mentions lighting changes, or animation transitions, or sound overlays, etc.

100% agree. There is SO MUCH potential for the lighting and sounds in this game.

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

maybe I'll be able to offer people a chance for some new visuals to go with their new code.

That would be SWEET!!

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I guess the new code / voice power pack isn't going to be a LE specific feature.

I'm sure when the new code drops, they will have separate versions for pro vs prem/LE. Why would you want it to be LE only?

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If Steve had 4 arms (and he might...!), I'm sure it would be a picture of him playing both versions.

Wait, are you telling me Stern has made TWO posts about code coming in the past few days?? ...maybe I should get back on Facebook. ....naaa.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I want something SPECIAL to justify my extra cash. A set of potatoes and a cheap 1701 knockoff aren't worth the cash.

All those RGB LED's aren't enough extra? The kickback? The laser? C'mon - the Prem/LE is awesome! (IMHO).

EDIT: I'm much slower than the Cap'n.

1 week later
#436 9 years ago

Is it here yet? ...darn.

#513 9 years ago

My guess is that code will drop September 15. I'm guessing that far away in hopes that I'm pleasantly surprised it comes out sooner.

#545 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Pinball Browser isn't for making rule changes. I wish!

True.

....and to bring this back on topic - I'm OK waiting a bit longer for the update if needed. I just had a GREAT game - I'm liquored and lit - fast and furious game with great lights and sound....and f'ing LASERS!!!

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

What a difference communications makes...a few facebook posts from Stern let us know the code is coming, is important to them, and gives us a teaser of things to come. I for one feel much better about waiting a little bit longer by just having that info. I know it has been a long time, but I feel much better knowing Stern actually cares. And I am very excited for it when it does!

YEAH BABY!!!!

#576 9 years ago

On the Premium ALL inserts are color changing.

#578 9 years ago

The wife and I had a few drinks and played some Star Trek (and AC/DC) last night. We had FUN!! Even with the existing code, I'm still really enjoying the game. I do get excited thinking of how much it could improve with new code. I suspect it will feel like playing a new game with so many new call-outs, rule changes, new animations and lighting. ...trying to keep my expectations down is getting difficult at this point.

#630 9 years ago

Still waiting....

#638 9 years ago

Just keeping track....

#663 9 years ago

I picked September 15th back on page 4.

#739 9 years ago

I'd be THRILLED if it did~!! ...but I'm still thinking it might be a couple more weeks. My early guess of Sep 15 is still looking good.

#777 9 years ago

Sep 15 (from page 4)

#797 9 years ago

Indeed - would LOVE to have new code over the holiday weekend. ...not holding my breath though.

#829 9 years ago

Goooooood morning everyone - Happy Friday! Of course, it would be a much happier Friday with new code. C'mon Stern, let's do it~!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waiting-room-stern-st-code-update?tu=sunking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.