image-52.jpg
coindoorleds 021.JPG
coindoorleds 020.JPG
coindoorleds 015.JPG
coindoorleds 002.JPG
image-451.jpg
image.jpg
new translite.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#219 9 years ago

Any updates on code? It's been almost 6 months

#225 9 years ago

6 months seems to be the longest lapse since Metallica and I'm hopeful the update will be awesome.

3 weeks later
#404 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah man....a huge dick move...thankfully you don't work at Stern. There's no reason the Pro wouldn't get the same audio features as the Premium and LE. You knew what you were getting with the LE. It's more than asteroids and the Enterprise and you know it. To even say that's all you got for the extra cash is absolutely disingenuous.
Life's too short to be so petty. Take a moment to reflect a bit....geeze. Focus on YOU and YOUR game and whether YOU enjoy it. Don't focus on someone else with their game and gaining happiness from taking features away from them.

I just hope they do something with the VUK that is special on the LE and Premium. Right now, I think the PRO is the better game. I'm hoping adding a VUK feature to enable it to go to the ramp or simply kick out is in the works for us that shelled out the extra $$, plus I'm expecting an insane light show and some extra features on the LE to light up the chase lights

#413 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The VUK does what a VUK does: It vertical up kicks lol. I really don't see any reason for it to kick out like the Pro…I mean if they think of one, cool…but it's not a dealbreaker. I like the flasher/soundFX/upkick to the ramp. How does kicking the ball out like a regular saucer make the Pro a better game? Different, sure…but better? Weird.

I thought the point of the moving VUK was to allow it to feed ramp or eject it. Why make it move if it is only feeding the ramp. They could have made the ramp different and saved money

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Giving firm dates can be a recipe for disaster. Take the whole WOZ fiasco, for example. Jack kept giving firm dates, and then continuously had to push them back. All it did was generate bad will towards the company. Jack's motives were pure, but it still bit him in the ass.

Why can they just not post that its almost done, we started coding Star Trek poll some cool features they are talking about internally, get us on board.

Just keep people in the loop. 7 months is way way too long between code updates and now its becoming the norm.

I'm hoping Mustang gets another update as Ford Mystery Vault light, still does nothing. How bad would that be to abandon that game and the LE owners would really be shafted as that code is pathetic.

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Its coming... Stern has communicated that its being worked. People need to learn patience.

Oh please. I think seven months is long enough.

#470 9 years ago

Is this the only thing Stern is developing? Are you and engineer or in development test? How do you know its long enough? Tell me what about you know about developing game software such as the feature rich games coming out of Stern lately? What insight do you have for embedded software development for a gaming system - given there are multiple games being worked?
The heck with concurrency issues.. ship it!
Tell me about what you know with all of these factors, and then we can figure out why 7 months is too long. "Seven months is too long because I'm sick of waiting - the whole Stern team should be focused on my Star Trek update and nothing else" - its not reality.
So... why is seven months too long? Break things down for us...

Okay so I make a product and you buy it. It is a super cool tablet/game/virtual thingy. Everyone is nuts about it, but it only does some of the things I promised. You have a lot of money in this thingy and it cannot do some things namely access some internet sites. It kinda works but not well. Assuming you have no other means to access the internet are you going to be content waiting for 8 months when your friends and associates all are using some other non super cool tablet and can do so much more?

#472 9 years ago

Is this the only thing Stern is developing? Are you and engineer or in development test? How do you know its long enough? Tell me what about you know about developing game software such as the feature rich games coming out of Stern lately? What insight do you have for embedded software development for a gaming system - given there are multiple games being worked?
The heck with concurrency issues.. ship it!
Tell me about what you know with all of these factors, and then we can figure out why 7 months is too long. "Seven months is too long because I'm sick of waiting - the whole Stern team should be focused on my Star Trek update and nothing else" - its not reality.
So... why is seven months too long? Break things down for us...

And yes it seems like they are not doing much.

No mustang updates, no other updates, a rerelease of Iron Man, a rerelease of AC/DC then running MM on the line next. So what are all the new coders doing? Lyman and Borg are up next and Lyman usually works alone so that leaves Tainio, Ropp, Waison and other to do code on Stang and ST, but we get nothing. MUSTANG MAY NOT GET AN UPDATE AND IT HAS AN INSERT THAT DOES NOTHING. This is inexcusable and I will not be buying NIB games or LE games until this carp stops at Stern. EVENTUALLY all of this is going to kick them where it hurts and force them to reevaluate the business or fold. There is too much increased competition now.

#485 9 years ago

I bought AC/DC on the third run when the code was complete. Anyone that had issues with AC/DC code being not mature had pain I didn't have to go through.
Given the last 4 or so years, it is clear a game comes out Stern, and it takes a long time before the code is complete. Anyone thats been on here for several years cannot be aware of that process. Whether or not that process or timeline is good is immaterial. The point is that - for better or worse - buying your NIB Star Trek game is very cool and you will have to wait for final feature rich code.
If this release train was already realized and known, nobody who buys a new game should be complaining. Just buy a NIB game 12 months after its released. Yes, the game should have completed code, but given the way things are mapped out, you should know what to expect.
Doesn't mean you have to agree with it... but no one should be complaining "its been 7 months since an update, waaaaahhh.". If you are that impatient - don't buy the new game as soon as its released. Buy it 12 months later.

The issue being an armchair guy again is if 90% wait to buy the game, then no new cash comes in and stern goes under. It has always been like this, but Stern was the only game around. Now they have competition. So pin heads can decide to spend money elsewhere. This effect is one reason Mustang tanked. It is a good pin, but it wasn't enough for people to choose it instead of putting money on MMr, Hobbit, Big Lebowski, Predator, AMH.

Now you have a serious threat from overseas in Heighway who has a facility and seriously threatens to cut into overseas sales, JJP's the Hobbit is taking a bit away from Domestic sales and all these boutique games, well that's money that could be spent on a Stern LE. So while we bitch about things with Stern I think times are changing and if Stern does not listen to the Voice of the Customer well then, I do not expect them to continue to profit the way they have the last 3-4 years

#486 9 years ago

This is a ridiculous, self serving analogy that is immaterial.
Were you now aware, for better or worse, what the reality was for releasing Stern feature code? If so, why didn't you (or whomever...) wait 12 months and then buy the game. Being aware of the release model and then complaining that YOUR special NIB game would be immune to this software release model is not reality.
Stern communicated its coming. FB has the game designer saying its awesome. It will be - learn some patience.

Whatever, you do not get it. Come talk to me when you do. Read my previous post about Voice of the Customer

#488 9 years ago

Okay... so... how is complaining semi-daily "Where is the code?" helping things? You have to admit, those posts get pretty old. No? Especially in the case where Stern had acknowledged an update does exist and is forcoming, its getting completed.. sit tight. How does "It's been another day and its still not done yet blah blah wahhhh" help?

Yeah I will certainly admit that. I just started posting to this thread recently and most of my motive is in hopes that Stern reads this and updates Mustang as well as makes some changes to the way they do things. No game should be released with non working lights etc..,

It's one thing to update and make improvements and another to have non working, lights, inserts, and other things.

I find Metallica, Star Trek and Mustang to be following this trend of shipping games with items in them that are major and not implemented in any code. - That is what most of us are pissed off about.

#493 9 years ago

People are harsh on Stang. I love the game, but want the mystery vault to do something. That is my biggest complaint, but mustang is badass fun.

#510 9 years ago

code.jpgcode.jpg

I heard new code was coming but then Lonnie, Waison and Taitio (SP) got sucked inside the mainframe and Stern cannot get them out. Hence, the longer than anticipated delay. I hope Gary can comment on the current situation

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As soon as I get the decals set I'll put everything up, promise. Still racing to beat Stern's code release!
Right now the important thing is to get them right though, so not gonna rush until everything is correct. I didn't realize it would take me this long, so sorry to have been a tease. It just goes to show though, sometimes things take longer than planned.

You may have a long time until the code comes out. I hope it's this week

#538 9 years ago

Is today the day?

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from XLdad:

I have nothing to base this on but given the update on FB this week I don't think it will drop today.

I will be surprised if we see it this week and am doubtful but hoping for next week. I'm expecting something amazing with the 8 months plus they have had to work on it.

#597 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

My left flipper is buzzing loudly. My first thought was, of course my pin is going to break down right before the code drops.
Dug around on here a little, and it seems like it's a common occurrence with Sterns. Flipper strength is still normal, so I guess I'm just going to crank the music.
Come on code!

This usually happens when a coil stop is worn. In most cases rebuilding the flipper by replacing the coil stop and link will solve the issue. $ 10.00 fix, but you should also do the other flippers. I've gotten lazy and sometimes just replace the coil stop as I know its a band aid until I have to rebuild all flippers after a couple hundred or so more plays.

#648 9 years ago

Man I hope its today, but doubt it will be.

#654 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I doubt it too, but it's my birthday, so come on Stern, hook me up!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

#717 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think I found a way to include new coin button labels on the decal sheet too. You'll have to peel them and stick to a piece of paper and trim probably. Should be super simple though. Just have to pop an eclip to get to the button, it's easy too. Need to make sure the test print thickness is right, so I'll know for sure if this will work when I get them.
This is just a home printer test print, the final will look sharper and have better black levels. That and this is a crummy camera phone shot.
Gotta get these new files uploaded before tonight, so about time to stop having new ideas, but should be a pretty fun full package for transforming your machine.
Since I have a Premium I think I'm going to get red buttons to replace the stock yellow. Labels are black and white of course, so they'll work with any color.

I'm liking it. Am I the only one that thinks we will see code in less than two weeks?

image.jpg 173 KB

#757 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Ah c'mon man, don't you know? It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course! It's all Lyman now days!

I think this is mostly Lonnie, but I'm sure Lyman has had input

#768 9 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who heard Gary Stern announce a Star Trek update at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

So Stern is posting the actual date on the water tower

#779 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

So, who was guarantying august for the new code?
As I continue to wait for the code, I decided to play the existing code out and added extra balls at 70k, 100k, 150k and 250k. Made it to 249,987,500 and third level of missions. Amok is pretty cool and it's nice to see code I never got to...

Good idea. I may give that a go

#802 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I would think they would want polished code out for an older game that people have been waiting 8 months for.
If it's not out, they risk people saying "screw NIB" and will sit on their money and orders until code is finished.
I bet we see it by Friday as well.

Yes, but logic falls right out the window, when you are dealing with Stern. I love their games, but I sense the growing frustration regarding incomplete code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waiting-room-stern-st-code-update?tu=hank527 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.