image-52.jpg
coindoorleds 021.JPG
coindoorleds 020.JPG
coindoorleds 015.JPG
coindoorleds 002.JPG
image-451.jpg
image.jpg
new translite.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#64 9 years ago

Figured I'd check this thread out even though my ST Pro (my first pin) hasn't been delivered yet.

Quoted from dendoc:

I like the digitised movie clips as per Tron rather than the cartoons currently in ST, not sure what others think.

I'm really surprised at the people saying they like full motion video clips on DMDs. It just looks like a blurry mess to me. I mean if it was a full LCD screen, fine, go nuts. WOZ and Hobbit clips look great. But there's no way a DMD can capture that level of detail. Hand "drawn" (hand dotted?) art that is created to match the level of detail a DMD is capable of looks so much better.

Something like the character jumping onto the light cycle in Tron just looks kind of shoe-horned in to me; almost like they took the "easy" way out rather than creating something custom/unique for the game. And also the FMV stuff tends not to match the style of the custom animations they do have in the game.

I've only been in the hobby a few years so I'm still "catching up" on playing older games but I'm consistently impressed how good the DMD artwork is on many games (AFM, SS, Who Dunnit?, etc).

Plus if there's ever a ColorDMD made for these games with FMV, I can't see colorized FMV clips looking very good (or being easy to colorize).

1 month later
#115 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Do you guys ever hit the upper flipper coming off the warp ramp and the ball flys in the air across the pin to the left ramp?

Actually, yeah, that happened a couple times to me. Not sure what it hit (maybe one of the mini post rubbers) but it flew up into the left ball return (ST Pro). One time it smacked the glass in the process, too.

2 weeks later
#299 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's another new thing; the pf doubler for completing 3 tier missions doesn't work lol.....still!

It doesn't? You mean it lights up the insert on the appropriate ramp but doesn't actually give you any more points for those shots? (Sadly, I've only finished a level 3 mission once and I wasn't watching the scoring closely)

1 week later
#346 9 years ago

I really hope they do something to make going 3-deep on a mission more rewarding. The level 2 and 3 missions are a lot more fun and varied than the level 1s, but all my best games are from when I get KM multiball. So I find I'm playing all level 1s most of the time.

Also KM multiball really needs some more fanfare at the start. I don't think the background music even changes.

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I was somehow hoping that the Pro guys wouldn't get the voice pack.
Selfish; yeap. A di*k move... probably... but I'm not afraid to say it.

That would just be silly. They can/do/should take advantage of things the Pro doesn't have, though (laser, extra color-changing lights, chase lights, etc.)

Edit: Kirk beat me to it.

#367 9 years ago

Also, the super skill shot should be combo-able for 2x. I haven't quite figured out what makes it go away and what doesn't yet (sometimes it stays lit forever despite other switch hits and sometimes it seems to go away quickly even without other switch hits). But I know I've hit the left ramp then combo-ed to the right ramp and only got the standard 1M instead of 2M.

Also I think I read that the 2x multiplier from the lv 3 mission doesn't double destroying the Vengeance if it's lit on that shot? Seems like a missed opportunity; would be cool to combo and 2x that for 20M.

4 weeks later
#854 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Looking forward to some reviews. Lots of stuff in the list. Not really any of which sounds like it decreases the wood chopping or adds Mr. Urban?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-code-is-out

Definitely has Bones.

Galactic Away Team should at least provide more cool stuff to do during lv 1 missions. Not sure what "All Missions are easier to start" means.

Drilling down 3 deep sounds more rewarding now, too.

I look forward to checking it out.

#865 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

mission start lights immediately after completing a tier 1 mission

What does that mean, exactly? I thought that's what it did today (the exception being if you've got a Vengeance battle ready and drain then it won't be lit).

Edit: HighNoon beat me to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 24.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waiting-room-stern-st-code-update?tu=Roo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.