coindoorleds 021.JPG
coindoorleds 020.JPG
coindoorleds 015.JPG
coindoorleds 002.JPG
image-451.jpg
image.jpg
new translite.png

This topic is closed.

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.
#351 9 years ago

given the picture of Richie... I guess the new code / voice power pack isn't going to be a LE specific feature. :sad face:

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

given the picture of Richie... I guess the new code / voice power pack isn't going to be a LE specific feature. :sad face:

Sure it will. There is MORE to tweak on the LE/Premiums than on the Pro.

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

why would you want the update to be limited ot the LE???

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I guess the new code / voice power pack isn't going to be a LE specific feature.

I'm sure when the new code drops, they will have separate versions for pro vs prem/LE. Why would you want it to be LE only?

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

why would you want the update to be limited ot the LE???

I think he was worried there won't be any LE/Premium specific updates......

But there will be!

#356 9 years ago

If Steve had 4 arms (and he might...!), I'm sure it would be a picture of him playing both versions.

#357 9 years ago

Exactly.
I want something SPECIAL to justify my extra cash. A set of potatoes and a cheap 1701 knockoff aren't worth the cash.
I was somehow hoping that the Pro guys wouldn't get the voice pack.
Selfish; yeap. A di*k move... probably... but I'm not afraid to say it.

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Exactly.
I want something SPECIAL to justify my extra cash. A set of potatoes and a cheap 1701 knockoff aren't worth the cash.

You forget 60 color changing LEDs, color laser starfield projector, metal ramps, kickback, warp ramp chase lights, VUK, and backbox flashers....and that's just on the Premium!

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Exactly.

guess you should play before you pay.

Also, yes it is a dick move. You already have a fun game with some great bling (those side rails are cool) and you bought it long ago. Be happy with what you have and not with what others don't have.

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If Steve had 4 arms (and he might...!), I'm sure it would be a picture of him playing both versions.

Wait, are you telling me Stern has made TWO posts about code coming in the past few days?? ...maybe I should get back on Facebook. ....naaa.

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That would just be silly. They can/do/should take advantage of things the Pro doesn't have, though (laser, extra color-changing lights, chase lights, etc.)

Edit: Kirk beat me to it.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

All those RGB LED's aren't enough extra? The kickback? The laser? C'mon - the Prem/LE is awesome! (IMHO).

EDIT: I'm much slower than the Cap'n.

#363 9 years ago

I definitely could see a lot of the light show getting tweaked for the Premium/LE.

More/different color changing patterns.

Lights off or dimmer for the laser show.

Lights off for Vengeance defeat, only utilizing the asteroids flashers and backbox flashers...

I'm sure some of you have great ideas too.....

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Selfish; yeap. A di*k move... probably..

Someone POP that zitt!

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I definitely could see a lot of the light show getting tweaked for the Premium/LE.
More/different color changing patterns.
Lights off or dimmer for the laser show.
Lights off for Vengeance defeat, only utilizing the asteroids flashers and backbox flashers...
I'm sure some of you have great ideas too.....

How about the apron lights!? Can't wait to see how they implemented them into the game.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

How about the apron lights!? Can't wait to see how they implemented them into the game.

Good call....

#367 9 years ago

Also, the super skill shot should be combo-able for 2x. I haven't quite figured out what makes it go away and what doesn't yet (sometimes it stays lit forever despite other switch hits and sometimes it seems to go away quickly even without other switch hits). But I know I've hit the left ramp then combo-ed to the right ramp and only got the standard 1M instead of 2M.

Also I think I read that the 2x multiplier from the lv 3 mission doesn't double destroying the Vengeance if it's lit on that shot? Seems like a missed opportunity; would be cool to combo and 2x that for 20M.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You expect Stern to compensate for your buyer's remorse by depriving other buyers of the code they also deserve/were promised/paid for?* That's at least a double-dick move, by my count.

Don't worry mate, you'll have plenty of new shiny blinkies to brag on with the update. Leave my Pro out of your whingeing.

*N.B. that I bought my Pro after the Karl Urban pack was announced, with no mention of LE/Prem exclusivity then or following. I also tried the LE version in real life before deciding, and have no regrets about where I landed.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from bammon:

*N.B. that I bought my Pro after the Karl Urban pack was announced, with no mention of LE/Prem exclusivity then or following.

Nearly the same boat as you. My progression was:

- Played ST at pinballz and Houston Arcade Expo
- Loved how it looked but thought it was a bit lacking in game play. No plans to really buy it.
- Went to TPF
- Sat in Steve R. seminar
- S.R. talked about a large update
- Left seminar, walked to Marco booth, bought ST Pro
- Brought ST home
- Enjoyed for a couple weeks then hated it
- Let sit for months without turning it on
- Changed play strategy and grew to like the pin
- hoping for a great update

On a side note. Anyone know where the post is of the guy that modded his pro to remove the LED boards for the two combo inserts on the far right of the playfield. I bought the parts and am trying to find it so I do the mod correctly. Made a separate thread on it but crickets so far.

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

On a side note. Anyone know where the post is of the guy that modded his pro to remove the LED boards for the two combo inserts on the far right of the playfield. I bought the parts and am trying to find it so I do the mod correctly. Made a separate thread on it but crickets so far.

You may be looking for: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-pro-two-right-enterprise-inserts-are-dim

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Exactly.

Yeah man....a huge dick move...thankfully you don't work at Stern. There's no reason the Pro wouldn't get the same audio features as the Premium and LE. You knew what you were getting with the LE. It's more than asteroids and the Enterprise and you know it. To even say that's all you got for the extra cash is absolutely disingenuous.

Life's too short to be so petty. Take a moment to reflect a bit....geeze. Focus on YOU and YOUR game and whether YOU enjoy it. Don't focus on someone else with their game and gaining happiness from taking features away from them.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Exactly.
I want something SPECIAL to justify my extra cash.

LE/Premiums have more then enough difference with the Pro, new code should be for everyone no matter what version you have bought.

#374 9 years ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The light show on Star Trek Premium (60 computer controlled color changing LED's and the starfield laser projector) is an interactive toy in and of itself, and well worth the extra cash over the Pro.

As to whether the LE is worth the extra cash over a Premium, well that depends more on whether you like exclusivity or not.

#375 9 years ago

I don't see two grand of parts over the pro.. I'd rather have a FT or Whirlwind to go with my trek pro than go premium

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

The light show on Star Trek Premium (60 computer controlled color changing LED's and the starfield laser projector) is an interactive toy in and of itself

There's one for Zitt -- above and beyond the physical differences in the lighting setups, the light programming on the Pro is not of the same caliber (since no fade effects are used outside the flashers). A quick look at an example like IM shows how nice the playfield animation can be even with single-color lights, and the current state of the base ST is hobbled by comparison.

A small complaint that could be totally remedied in code, if the choice was made to do so.

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I don't see two grand of parts over the pro.. I'd rather have a FT or Whirlwind to go with my trek pro than go premium

It's not about having the exact bill of materials match the increase in price. That's not how business works. While you are getting extra stuff, you're also getting stuff that you CANNOT recreate on a Pro. There's value in that. There's a different art package. There's value in that. With the LE, there's even more different art, mirrored backglass, built in shaker, rail/cabinet/speaker lights & collectibility...there's value in that. Is it $ for $ the value of the parts? No...but value is measured in more than the parts.

At the end of the day - some people just want the upgraded version and cost isn't a factor....they can buy a FT and WW if they want, too.

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Exactly how I see it. Not worth extra money (to me) but glad that most owners seem to be content with their choice! Light show on Premium/LE is awesome for sure no doubt about that though.

#379 9 years ago

I'm glad we have options. Dude and I can have it our way and rarehero and Kirk can have it theirs

#380 9 years ago

Once in a lifetime one buys a machine with regrets afterwards. I was attracted by STLE by its lights, fast ramps and flow, only to discover once i owned it to be a disappointing gameplay. Ohh well you take some and lose some over the years.. its like walking the red light district and tempting to go inside. This time i got fooled where the red lights never could. Hoping that the code can bring some relief but it will never be fulfilling. Callouts or graphics can never bring the ''real deal''.

#381 9 years ago

I stated it was a d1ck move... I wasn't hiding that fact.
The reality is that I probably should have kept my opinion to myself. I chose to share my opinion and all you guys could do was call me out on it because - oh-the-horror- that one mans opinion is different than yours.

It's not buyers remorse. There was this expectation that the LE would have a difference in gameplay over the pro with the vuk. It doesn't seem that that really panned out in the final production machine.
So sorry that I was hoping I'd get something more since they kinda changed the machine after I'd bought it so it could be manufactured.

Like it or not; I feel the Premium is just too damn close the the LE to justify the price!

End of the day... I'm "glad" I got the LE. Just not happy with the price.

#382 9 years ago

Man this thread is almost getting as bad as the PPS Medieval Madness R thread...............Almost.

#383 9 years ago

Stern seems to be hyping the update a lot lately:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152581240854244&set=vb.136972659243&type=2&theater

Does that mean that the update is imminent? Perhaps 1-2 weeks?

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbally_1968:

Once in a lifetime one buys a machine with regrets afterwards. I was attracted by STLE by its lights, fast ramps and flow, only to discover once i owned it to be a disappointing gameplay. Ohh well you take some and lose some over the years.. its like walking the red light district and tempting to go inside. This time i got fooled where the red lights never could. Hoping that the code can bring some relief but it will never be fulfilling. Callouts or graphics can never bring the ''real deal''.

One in a lifetime, a game of this quality is released.

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I stated it was a d1ck move... I wasn't hiding that fact.
The reality is that I probably should have kept my opinion to myself. I chose to share my opinion and all you guys could do was call me out on it because - oh-the-horror- that one mans opinion is different than yours.

So you are upset that you got called out on what you yourself admitted was a "d!ck move"?

#386 9 years ago

Another update that wasn't mentioned here yet:
"The King gives the new Star Trek code a look. He will not rest until it's up to his satisfaction!!"

https://m.facebook.com/sternpinball/photos/pb.136972659243.-2207520000.1406855849./10152578958499244/?type=1&source=54&refid=17

#387 9 years ago

I believe I mentioned this pages back.... this is Ritchie's baby... maybe his grand "hurrah"...

Quoted from nosro:

Another update that wasn't mentioned here yet:
"The King gives the new Star Trek code a look. He will not rest until it's up to his satisfaction!!"
https://m.facebook.com/sternpinball/photos/pb.136972659243.-2207520000.1406855849./10152578958499244/?type=1&source=54&refid=17

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I believe I mentioned this pages back.... this is Ritchie's baby... maybe his grand "hurrah"...

It's his baby....but far from his last pin!

#389 9 years ago

I also think the LE was over priced for what we got but they did not twist my arm to get me to buy it. For the price I was sure it would have an LCD even though I don't think it was ever promised but I feel we paid for one. I got over that and the new update will help make up some of the difference because I know Karl Urban as much as he loves pinball did not do the custom speech for free. I just wish Stern would learn how to make a pinball cabinet with a level coin door so the coin mech's would work.

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I don't know Zitt, maybe the reason it's taking so long is because it's going to be an across the platform code, Pro, Premium and LE. If it did happen that way I would think that that would be a signal that the code was finished. I'm just guessing here but we'll find out soon.

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

┬─┬ノ(ಠ_ಠノ)
Please Respect Tables

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Stern seems to be hyping the update a lot lately:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152581240854244&set=vb.136972659243&type=2&theater
Does that mean that the update is imminent? Perhaps 1-2 weeks?

code drops on 4th August. the date has already been added to their code update page. aah disregard, pesky back to front usa dating.

#393 9 years ago

Any day now, I expect an EPIC pre-announcement of the EPIC announcement of this EPIC code update.

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Exactly.

Probably a di&k move? Yeah you're right! Makes you sound like an as$ho%e. But at least you admit it....

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from vtec16:

Probably a di&k move? Yeah you're right! Makes you sound like an as$ho%e. But at least you admit it....

...but then he's mad that we agree lol

#397 9 years ago

did anyone else notice [on the stern FB vid of the king] when he said it's "awesome" he closed his eyes. longer than just a blink.
any body language experts care to elaborate?
Just something I noticed.....

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

did anyone else notice [on the stern FB vid of the king] when he said it's "awesome" he closed his eyes. longer than just a blink.

Dust got in his eyes.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Thats just from all the new code in the machine with all the new lighting effects blinding him from playing for days testing the new code.Or the new laser show is burning out his retinas.And he has a eye tick.

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

He did it for emphasis on the word awesome.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waiting-room-stern-st-code-update/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.