coindoorleds 021.JPG
coindoorleds 020.JPG
coindoorleds 015.JPG
coindoorleds 002.JPG
image-451.jpg
image.jpg
new translite.png

This topic is closed.

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.
#201 9 years ago

I really don't mind the code either. Could areas be improved.....sure and I would like to see an update.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I really don't mind the code either.

I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't enjoy the code already. I played a bunch last night. it's FUN!! That being said, some of the call-outs are getting a little repetitive, and there is still a TON of room for improvement.

My guess for new code still stands at September 15.

#203 9 years ago

Code drops August 13th.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

does kobi just unload all balls or are they earned by way of add-a-ball by making shots?

It's just a 2 ball mb. Once you lose a ball, km ends. I've had plenty of rounds were I made it too km, and didn't hit any shots twice, and thusly got no points. 0 point wizard modes are brutal, which isn't a criticism of the game, just really sad when it happens.

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Code drops August 13th.

`
quoted for posterity!

is that a for sure thing?

#206 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

It's just a 2 ball mb. Once you lose a ball, km ends. I've had plenty of rounds were I made it too km, and didn't hit any shots twice, and thusly got no points. 0 point wizard modes are brutal, which isn't a criticism of the game, just really sad when it happens.

Does it have add-a-ball at black hole then?

I am pretty sure I got it up to 4 ball multi???

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

`
quoted for posterity!
is that a for sure thing?

I slingshoted around the sun and went into the future. Looked up the release date for the next Star Trek code, and looked up Stern's next two pins after this summer.

Then I slingshoted back around the sun and returned to today.

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Does it have add-a-ball at black hole then?
I am pretty sure I got it up to 4 ball multi???

Black Hole and Warp 9.9 perhaps?

#209 9 years ago

and looked up Stern's next two pins after this summer.

So what are the next two pins? Or would it change the future if you told.................

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

So what are the next two pins? Or would it change the future if you told.................

Automan and Nowhere Man.

#211 9 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Black Hole and Warp 9.9 perhaps?

Yep, been there done that. The 9.9 ball won't score shots until after the intro.

#212 9 years ago

Code drops August 13th.

Is that a guess?

#213 9 years ago

I slingshoted around the sun and went into the future. Looked up the release date for the next Star Trek code, and looked up Stern's next two pins after this summer.

Oh. Never mind.

#214 9 years ago

So is my theory true that the next pin is Pony Ghostmuppets: KISSpider-TronRobots Vault Edition 3000?

#215 9 years ago

Code drops August 13th.

I'm thinking before the end of July myself. Just a hunch.

#216 9 years ago

Code drops August 13th.

Right in time for my 10 day vacation. Make it so!

#217 9 years ago

Enough waiting already.jpgEnough waiting already.jpg

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I wish you guys were right, but I'm sticking to my guess of September 15.

#219 9 years ago

Any updates on code? It's been almost 6 months

#220 9 years ago

Who knows? It feels like its never coming. ARRRRGH!!!!

We are all just stuck waiting......waiting..... ....... ......... ...

Should have a pool on what day is going to be the drop date to make this interesting.

#221 9 years ago

August 14
Just a guess....

#222 9 years ago

Week of Oct 20

#224 9 years ago

Any guesses need to be in star date form.

#225 9 years ago

6 months seems to be the longest lapse since Metallica and I'm hopeful the update will be awesome.

#226 9 years ago

Steve, if you are reading this, make this update your legacy!

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Steve, if you are reading this, make this update your legacy!

Steve Ritchie doesn't write code.

#228 9 years ago

Code drops August 13th.

That would be a perfect birthday gift for me

#229 9 years ago

I hope it comes on or before my birthday September 22, I could deal with that.

#230 9 years ago

i think there will not change in the code of star trek stern.
in any case,it'sbadly left...

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from actenium:

i think there will not change in the code of Star Trek stern.
in any case,it'sbadly left...

Not true. Steve Ritchie is a stickler for making sure his pins are epic. Even if he has to beg borrow or steal a programmer to help out!

Besides, pins are in test, newer coding is mostly done.

#232 9 years ago

Oh the code is happening, that part isn't in question. It's just the when.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh the code is happening, that part isn't in question. It's just the when.

Aurich, any news on predator? You know anyone who spoke with Kevin?

#234 9 years ago

There is one other thing id like to comment on regarding sterns code. I think Lonnie takes a lot of flack from us but the truth is he has some of the best out of the box code than any other sterns. I will say though, that his follow up 'polish' code is his weak attribute. But I'm starting to believe that it's not him, but upper management that is at fault for this. That all said, hopefully Steve fights for his game and Lonnie is given the chance to give it justice.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Aurich, any news on Predator? You know anyone who spoke with Kevin?

I have zero insight into Predator, and I don't know Kevin, we met super briefly at Expo last year, but he was so busy I doubt he would even remember.

#236 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have zero insight into Predator, and I don't know Kevin, we met super briefly at Expo last year, but he was so busy I doubt he would even remember.

Shite. Okey doke.

#237 9 years ago

At this point I'll gladly take a virtual kickback for the pro and a PF multiplier. Done by thursday? Good stuff. Thanks.

#238 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There is one other thing id like to comment on regarding sterns code. I think Lonnie takes a lot of flack from us but the truth is he has some of the best out of the box code than any other sterns. I will say though, that his follow up 'polish' code is his weak attribute. But I'm starting to believe that it's not him, but upper management that is at fault for this. That all said, hopefully Steve fights for his game and Lonnie is given the chance to give it justice.

I agree with this. Lonnie's code ships more complete but his rules usually aren't imaginative. I get the impression that he isn't willing to put in work on his own time to polish code like Lyman is.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I agree with this. Lonnie's code ships more complete but his rules usually aren't imaginative. I get the impression that he isn't willing to put in work on his own time to polish code like Lyman is.

Not an impression, a fact. He's not an over achiever like Lyman. No way. 9-5 er, that's it.

#240 9 years ago

This is the very reason I sold my NIB ST, no new code.!!! I was sick of waiting.!! come on, 9 months.?
I couldn't take it anymore....god bless you who can...

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

This is the very reason I sold my NIB ST, no new code.!!! I was sick of waiting.!! come on, 9 months.?
I couldn't take it anymore....god bless you who can...

Typical stern code timelines. We buy, we wait. And wait. And wait. We then bitch. Stern promises again. We wait some more. Stern sales drop on title. Stern releases new code.

I think we are just up to wait #3, bitching is next. :p

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

, bitching is next. :p

Oh crap, you mean we haven't been bitching?

#243 9 years ago

waiting is the hardest part....

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But I'm starting to believe that it's not him, but upper management that is at fault for this. That all said, hopefully Steve fights for his game and Lonnie is given the chance to give it justice.

It was told to me that Gary won't pay the coders a dime to work on code upgrades. They have to do it on their own time / when they want.

While I'm finding it hard to believe that... given the time that has elapsed; It wouldn't suprize me if they don't give them time to work on non-pre-production machines. Their focus is always on future titles; and they only get time to work on these games when they make time in their otherwise busy schedules.

I think this is compounded by the sheer worklog of the rumored "new system" they've been working on since Star Trek was suppose to be release on it. They continue to "slip" this new system to future titles because it (and the software?) aren't ready.

It's really the only explanation for this lack of progress.

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

July 14th would be a nice Bday present!

...For the French revolution!

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

does kobi just unload all balls or are they earned by way of add-a-ball by making shots?

Just 2 ball with a 3rd for hitting Blackhole if lit.

#247 9 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

So is my theory true that the next pin is Pony Ghostmuppets: KISSpider-TronRobots Vault Edition 3000?

You're in the general vicinity!

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Would be awesome!

#249 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It was told to me that Gary won't pay the coders a dime to work on code upgrades. They have to do it on their own time / when they want.
While I'm finding it hard to believe that... given the time that has elapsed; It wouldn't suprize me if they don't give them time to work on non-pre-production machines. Their focus is always on future titles; and they only get time to work on these games when they make time in their otherwise busy schedules.
I think this is compounded by the sheer worklog of the rumored "new system" they've been working on since Star Trek was suppose to be release on it. They continue to "slip" this new system to future titles because it (and the software?) aren't ready.
It's really the only explanation for this lack of progress.

That was true for the last Tron release. Lyman apparently did that on his own time. In general, code updates are expected part of their work routine until management considers it done. I think Stern considered Tron done and Lyman wanted to do a final polish, so he did it on his own time.

In any event, this isn't the case with Star Trek. Stern went out and got Karl Urban to do custom voice work well after the game shipped, so we know updates were planned.

#250 9 years ago

Uh, yes, I understand but my point is that as the designer, Steve has/should have influence to make sure this game ends up with polished final code. (And he sometimes follows the forum...).

Quoted from RobT:

Steve Ritchie doesn't write code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waiting-room-stern-st-code-update/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.