coindoorleds 021.JPG
coindoorleds 020.JPG
coindoorleds 015.JPG
coindoorleds 002.JPG
image-451.jpg
image.jpg
new translite.png

This topic is closed.

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
#451 9 years ago

Its coming... Stern has communicated that its being worked. People need to learn patience.

#452 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

People need to learn patience.

yes, learn patience or wait until the game is code complete before buying. met was a long painful wait but worth it in the end and i am sure you guys will be rewarded with a great set of rules soon. next nib will be complete before i consider buying, lesson learned.

#453 9 years ago

I like coming home at the end of the day to check and see if the code has been released. Its kind of fun.

#454 9 years ago

the-three-stooges.jpgthe-three-stooges.jpg

#455 9 years ago

So while we are waiting for the code and waiting for Aurich's translite, we distract ourselves with sexy nuns?
07049836.interactive.a.jpg07049836.interactive.a.jpg

#456 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

waiting for Aurich's translite

It's close! Just got the first test print of the translite, it looks great. Fixing a few things, but it's close to ready. The delay right now is figuring out the decals, I wasn't happy with the samples I got, looking for something a little different, we're going to try and solve it next week.

As soon as the decals are solved I'll know what it's all going to cost me, and can price it, and I'll start a pre-order thread and reveal everything.

#457 9 years ago

I think you should announce a release date months in advance and provide weekly updates until then.

I kid, I kid.

#458 9 years ago

Its coming... Stern has communicated that its being worked. People need to learn patience.

Oh please. I think seven months is long enough.

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Right on. My STLE delivery was in November of 2013 and in August 2014 there are lights in the machine that are not even programmed to light up.

WTF???

#460 9 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

Right on. My STLE delivery was in November of 2013 and in August 2014 there are lights in the machine that are not even programmed to light up.
WTF???

I assume you mean the asteroids? They do fire during attract mode, just not the game. They're so effing bright I'm almost glad.

I'm excited to get the code too, and if it drops next week I won't be surprised. I also won't be shocked if it's delayed, it's just how these things go. Even if it's done it probably needs license approval. Shit happens when that kind of thing is in the mix.

I'm confident it's close, and will be disappointed if it's not out in August.

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

So while we are waiting for the code and waiting for Aurich's translite, we distract ourselves with sexy nuns?

07049836.interactive.a.jpg 46 KB

I actually was posting a pic of the Stooges, but to each their own...

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Is this the only thing Stern is developing? Are you and engineer or in development test? How do you know its long enough? Tell me what about you know about developing game software such as the feature rich games coming out of Stern lately? What insight do you have for embedded software development for a gaming system - given there are multiple games being worked?

The heck with concurrency issues.. ship it!

Tell me about what you know with all of these factors, and then we can figure out why 7 months is too long. "Seven months is too long because I'm sick of waiting - the whole Stern team should be focused on my Star Trek update and nothing else" - its not reality.

So... why is seven months too long? Break things down for us...

#463 9 years ago

Tell me about what you know with all of these factors, and then we can figure out why 7 months is too long. "Seven months is too long because I'm sick of waiting - the whole Stern team should be focused on my Star Trek update and nothing else" - its not reality.

Because - as you well know the code is incomplete.
It's like GM sold you a car without a steering wheel... and gave you a pair of vice grips to drive the damn thing for a year because they had to go work on the steering wheel for the new nice and shinny.

Stern needs to have their nuts kicked for releasing the game with marginal code to begin with. I won't go into it now as other have stated it repeatedly.

I really don't give a fux if stern has other things in the fire. IF they can't hire a big enough team to develop the games correctly and completely before they ship then they've got bigger problems. Even if they can't ship complete; they should have "sustaining engineers" who's sole job is to correct production/released machines. It's simply disrespectful for us to buy a game and have to wait a year to get a decent set of game rules.

Stern DID NOT have to wait for the Karl speech to be recorded to be working on the code. They could have released a update with the rules; then added the speech later down the road. IE code 4mths ago. speech in little bit.

If I have a big Captain Chair insert flashing - it should funking work day one. Multipliers should work. TREK should work.

#464 9 years ago

Are you and engineer or in development test? How do you know its long enough? Tell me what about you know about developing game software such as the feature rich games coming out of Stern lately? What insight do you have for embedded software development for a gaming system - given there are multiple games being worked?

In the last year, JJP has probably put more updated enhancements into their one machine than stern has put updates into all their machines combined in the same time period with a vastly larger software team and budget.

#465 9 years ago

Well I'm still just happy that someone is making a couple of new pinball machines a year.

#466 9 years ago

I agree with Stern's way of doing this. Speculation but put out bug free code and move on. They have way too much new code to develop to keep re-trying multiple patches if it's not right.

#467 9 years ago

I actually was posting a pic of the Stooges, but to each their own...

I propose that discussing sexy nuns is better than further debating how Stern should be communicating. Who's with me?

una-giovane-e-suora-sexy-sta-leggendo-la-bibbia-15296613.jpguna-giovane-e-suora-sexy-sta-leggendo-la-bibbia-15296613.jpg
#468 9 years ago

Everyone should just realize that once the new code comes out, we won't have anything more to talk about. Sure, we'll talk about how awesome the code is for a few days, but then what . . . .

Sad really.

#469 9 years ago

No reason to think of it as sad. When the new code drops we can discuss a potentially new strategy. Don't forget Bones.

#470 9 years ago

Is this the only thing Stern is developing? Are you and engineer or in development test? How do you know its long enough? Tell me what about you know about developing game software such as the feature rich games coming out of Stern lately? What insight do you have for embedded software development for a gaming system - given there are multiple games being worked?

Okay so I make a product and you buy it. It is a super cool tablet/game/virtual thingy. Everyone is nuts about it, but it only does some of the things I promised. You have a lot of money in this thingy and it cannot do some things namely access some internet sites. It kinda works but not well. Assuming you have no other means to access the internet are you going to be content waiting for 8 months when your friends and associates all are using some other non super cool tablet and can do so much more?

#471 9 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

No reason to think of it as sad. When the new code drops we can discuss a potentially new strategy. Don't forget Bones.

I know. But part of me feels like this is Christmas Eve, and Christmas Eve is way more exciting than the day after Christmas.

#472 9 years ago

And yes it seems like they are not doing much.

No mustang updates, no other updates, a rerelease of Iron Man, a rerelease of AC/DC then running MM on the line next. So what are all the new coders doing? Lyman and Borg are up next and Lyman usually works alone so that leaves Tainio, Ropp, Waison and other to do code on Stang and ST, but we get nothing. MUSTANG MAY NOT GET AN UPDATE AND IT HAS AN INSERT THAT DOES NOTHING. This is inexcusable and I will not be buying NIB games or LE games until this carp stops at Stern. EVENTUALLY all of this is going to kick them where it hurts and force them to reevaluate the business or fold. There is too much increased competition now.

#473 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

And yes it seems like they are not doing much.
No mustang updates, no other updates, a rerelease of Iron Man, a rerelease of AC/DC then running MM on the line next. So what are all the new coders doing? Lyman and Borg are up next and Lyman usually works alone so that leaves Tainio, Ropp, Waison and other to do code on Stang and ST, but we get nothing. MUSTANG MAY NOT GET AN UPDATE AND IT HAS AN INSERT THAT DOES NOTHING. This is inexcusable and I will not be buying NIB games or LE games until this carp stops at Stern. EVENTUALLY all of this is going to kick them where it hurts and force them to reevaluate the business or fold. There is too much increased competition now.

Stern sells a new title. You buy it without waiting for the full code. You now complain because the code isn't complete.
Shocking.
Do everyone a favour and quit armchair quarterbacking Stern Pinball and how they do business.
If you don't like it, sell your pin and move on.
This is the way Stern has been doing business for years and will quite likely continue doing things.
On a more positive front, Xmen code has been completed so Star Trek and Mustang are really the only ones left.
With the Vault Editions being produced, Stern can now pump out "new" titles without tying up their code developers with new pins.
Looks like they're trying to improve the whole code wait time to me.

#474 9 years ago

Is this the only thing Stern is developing? Are you and engineer or in development test? How do you know its long enough?

Because he's a f&cking customer who bought the pin back in November of 2013.

#475 9 years ago

I realize there's a lot that goes into a code update, so on one hand, it's not cool to blast them for taking so long.

But, I can see others' point: the game hasn't been updated since February, and that was just a quick bug fix for 2 issues.

I've had my STLE since December, and it's not leaving my collection. The game is fun, but it could be more. They make 2-3 new titles a year at Stern, so they demonstrate that it is possible to turn things around quickly. When we pay $5-8k for a machine, it's not unreasonable to expect that it would be supported.

It's easier to wait for AC/DC 2.0, since the game at 1.68 is pretty much "done." Any extra work Lyman does at this point is just gravy.

But, ST is not "done." There are still elements that aren't integrated. The modes aren't very distinct. The code still needs refining. It's not out of line to wonder why it is taking 7+ months to fix and improve the game.

After all, the first update brought a lot of changes for the better, and was released within a few months of the game's release. It does show you that code updates can be done expeditiously.

#476 9 years ago

if the update is disappointing, it will be a lot of StarTrek sale ...

#477 9 years ago

I don't know anything specific about the update, couldn't share if I wanted to. What I have heard is all positive and sounds like people are going to be pleased. And it's close.

So while I hear the frustrations 100% and I agree the communication hasn't been great (though I appreciate the recent updates) and it's taken longer than we would like (longer than it should is maybe a different argument) I would suggest trying to stay positive and patient just a little longer.

Remember, Metallica got like this too, and the end result was very rewarding. It's one of the best Sterns ever made now IMHO.

If it's not good then hey, giant disappointment. But I have faith in the team, in Steve Ritchie, and that they understand what it is we want and that they want us to be happy. The custom audio alone is hopefully going to kick ass and breathe new life into the feel of things.

Hang in there!

#478 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know anything specific about the update, couldn't share if I wanted to. What I have heard is all positive and sounds like people are going to be pleased. And it's close.
So while I hear the frustrations 100% and I agree the communication hasn't been great (though I appreciate the recent updates) and it's taken longer than we would like (longer than it should is maybe a different argument) I would suggest trying to stay positive and patient just a little longer.
Remember, Metallica got like this too, and the end result was very rewarding. It's one of the best Sterns ever made now IMHO.
If it's not good then hey, giant disappointment. But I have faith in the team, in Steve Ritchie, and that they understand what it is we want and that they want us to be happy. The custom audio alone is hopefully going to kick ass and breathe new life into the feel of things.
Hang in there!

Aurich, when you gonna print me a custom TWD translite? That would be AWESOME!

Rick.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#479 9 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

if the update is disappointing, it will be a lot of StarTrek sale ...

More likely it will be good enough to drive some additional Premium sales. I bet the release is followed shortly by another run of Premiums. Hopefully the people who hold the license won't drag their feet in approving the update. That could throw a monkey wrench into the works. Either way, just kick back and relax. It will get here.

#480 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hang in there!

alleluia

#481 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Because - as you well know the code is incomplete.
It's like GM sold you a car without a steering wheel... and gave you a pair of vice grips to drive the damn thing for a year because they had to go work on the steering wheel for the new nice and shinny.
Stern needs to have their nuts kicked for releasing the game with marginal code to begin with. I won't go into it now as other have stated it repeatedly.
I really don't give a fux if stern has other things in the fire. IF they can't hire a big enough team to develop the games correctly and completely before they ship then they've got bigger problems. Even if they can't ship complete; they should have "sustaining engineers" who's sole job is to correct production/released machines. It's simply disrespectful for us to buy a game and have to wait a year to get a decent set of game rules.
Stern DID NOT have to wait for the Karl speech to be recorded to be working on the code. They could have released a update with the rules; then added the speech later down the road. IE code 4mths ago. speech in little bit.
If I have a big Captain Chair insert flashing - it should funking work day one. Multipliers should work. TREK should work.

I bought AC/DC on the third run when the code was complete. Anyone that had issues with AC/DC code being not mature had pain I didn't have to go through.

Given the last 4 or so years, it is clear a game comes out Stern, and it takes a long time before the code is complete. Anyone thats been on here for several years cannot be aware of that process. Whether or not that process or timeline is good is immaterial. The point is that - for better or worse - buying your NIB Star Trek game is very cool and you will have to wait for final feature rich code.

If this release train was already realized and known, nobody who buys a new game should be complaining. Just buy a NIB game 12 months after its released. Yes, the game should have completed code, but given the way things are mapped out, you should know what to expect.

Doesn't mean you have to agree with it... but no one should be complaining "its been 7 months since an update, waaaaahhh.". If you are that impatient - don't buy the new game as soon as its released. Buy it 12 months later.

#482 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Because he's a f&cking customer who bought the pin back in November of 2013.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I want everything now! Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

#483 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Okay so I make a product and you buy it. It is a super cool tablet/game/virtual thingy. Everyone is nuts about it, but it only does some of the things I promised. You have a lot of money in this thingy and it cannot do some things namely access some internet sites. It kinda works but not well. Assuming you have no other means to access the internet are you going to be content waiting for 8 months when your friends and associates all are using some other non super cool tablet and can do so much more?

This is a ridiculous, self serving analogy that is immaterial.

Were you now aware, for better or worse, what the reality was for releasing Stern feature code? If so, why didn't you (or whomever...) wait 12 months and then buy the game. Being aware of the release model and then complaining that YOUR special NIB game would be immune to this software release model is not reality.

Stern communicated its coming. FB has the game designer saying its awesome. It will be - learn some patience.

#484 9 years ago

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I want everything now! Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

9 months is "now"?

#485 9 years ago

I bought AC/DC on the third run when the code was complete. Anyone that had issues with AC/DC code being not mature had pain I didn't have to go through.
Given the last 4 or so years, it is clear a game comes out Stern, and it takes a long time before the code is complete. Anyone thats been on here for several years cannot be aware of that process. Whether or not that process or timeline is good is immaterial. The point is that - for better or worse - buying your NIB Star Trek game is very cool and you will have to wait for final feature rich code.
If this release train was already realized and known, nobody who buys a new game should be complaining. Just buy a NIB game 12 months after its released. Yes, the game should have completed code, but given the way things are mapped out, you should know what to expect.
Doesn't mean you have to agree with it... but no one should be complaining "its been 7 months since an update, waaaaahhh.". If you are that impatient - don't buy the new game as soon as its released. Buy it 12 months later.

The issue being an armchair guy again is if 90% wait to buy the game, then no new cash comes in and stern goes under. It has always been like this, but Stern was the only game around. Now they have competition. So pin heads can decide to spend money elsewhere. This effect is one reason Mustang tanked. It is a good pin, but it wasn't enough for people to choose it instead of putting money on MMr, Hobbit, Big Lebowski, Predator, AMH.

Now you have a serious threat from overseas in Heighway who has a facility and seriously threatens to cut into overseas sales, JJP's the Hobbit is taking a bit away from Domestic sales and all these boutique games, well that's money that could be spent on a Stern LE. So while we bitch about things with Stern I think times are changing and if Stern does not listen to the Voice of the Customer well then, I do not expect them to continue to profit the way they have the last 3-4 years

#486 9 years ago

This is a ridiculous, self serving analogy that is immaterial.
Were you now aware, for better or worse, what the reality was for releasing Stern feature code? If so, why didn't you (or whomever...) wait 12 months and then buy the game. Being aware of the release model and then complaining that YOUR special NIB game would be immune to this software release model is not reality.
Stern communicated its coming. FB has the game designer saying its awesome. It will be - learn some patience.

Whatever, you do not get it. Come talk to me when you do. Read my previous post about Voice of the Customer

#487 9 years ago

Okay... so... how is complaining semi-daily "Where is the code?" helping things? You have to admit, those posts get pretty old. No? Especially in the case where Stern had acknowledged an update does exist and is forcoming, its getting completed.. sit tight. How does "It's been another day and its still not done yet blah blah wahhhh" help?

#488 9 years ago

Okay... so... how is complaining semi-daily "Where is the code?" helping things? You have to admit, those posts get pretty old. No? Especially in the case where Stern had acknowledged an update does exist and is forcoming, its getting completed.. sit tight. How does "It's been another day and its still not done yet blah blah wahhhh" help?

Yeah I will certainly admit that. I just started posting to this thread recently and most of my motive is in hopes that Stern reads this and updates Mustang as well as makes some changes to the way they do things. No game should be released with non working lights etc..,

It's one thing to update and make improvements and another to have non working, lights, inserts, and other things.

I find Metallica, Star Trek and Mustang to be following this trend of shipping games with items in them that are major and not implemented in any code. - That is what most of us are pissed off about.

#489 9 years ago

I'm thinking this is all coming down to missing features versus bug fixes for a given a software release. I'll be the first to admit that all features should be in place, with just bug fixes and perhaps enhancements added later.

I got Mustang and got shat on when I posted I loved the game. I played with software release 1.3 and nothing earlier. I later noticed 1.3 was a huge update from the initial code release. So perhaps (perhaps may be too weak of a word) immature software killed some initial perception of the game. I see some folks have actually turned around with their 'hate' for the game acknowledging, perhaps is not their dream theme, but the game doesn't suck and is actually pretty fun with the latest software.

Things that make you say "Hmmmm..."

I think the constant whining was getting to me. I tried to ignore the thread and shut up but being an owner of the game I couldn't do it.

#490 9 years ago

The reality is that If you want an LE... your best bet is to buy NIB. IF the code had been "maintained" regularly many of the HUOs wouldn't have been on the market as they have been.

The Star Trek LE was likely my one and only Stern purchase because it matched my theme-based collection. I don't see buying another because of the code delays and the cheap feel of the games.

#491 9 years ago

I got Mustang and got shat on when I posted I loved the game.

In all seriousness, can you point me to posts that "shat on you" when you posted that you loved the game?

The reason I am asking is that I have seen very, very few posts criticizing Mustang in terms of the gameplay or even the rules.

It seems that the vast majority of criticism (and yes, there is a lot of it) towards Mustang is the theme and to a lesser extent the appearance.

The impression that I get is that the vast majority of people who play it think it is a lot of fun and plays great, with a lot of people saying things like "I will never own it because of theme, but it really is a lot of fun".

I hope to play one soon myself.

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

In all seriousness, can you point me to posts that "shat on you" when you posted that you loved the game?

Here it is, in full color:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mustang-one-of-the-greatest-game-ever

#493 9 years ago

People are harsh on Stang. I love the game, but want the mystery vault to do something. That is my biggest complaint, but mustang is badass fun.

#494 9 years ago

I think you got "shit on" because you got so defensive and harsh with your responses, telling people their AFM's were boring and their Avatars were turds. That's why you got "shit on" not because you like Mustang. Don't get me wrong I've done the same in the past and got "shit on" but rightfully so. I've learned my lesson if you respond positively, respectfully and intelligently you won't get "shit on".

#495 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I think you got "shit on" because you got so defensive and harsh with your responses, telling people their AFM's were boring and their Avatars were turds. That's why you got "shit on" not because you like Mustang. Don't get me wrong I've done the same in the past and got "shit on" but rightfully so. I've learned my lesson if you respond positively, respectfully and intelligently you won't get "shit on".

Fair enough, but I was just trying to promote my enthusiasm for the game.

The internet is hard...

Let me try again... Its been acknowledged by Stern Star Trek update is coming. Given this update will occur, in the meantime go buy Mustang and play it with the latest code - it rocks!

Rock-paper-scissors-lizard-Spock:

- Scissors cut Paper
- Paper covers Rock
- Rock crushes Lizard
- Lizard poisons Spock
- Spock smashes Scissors
- Scissors decapitate Lizard
- Lizard eats Paper
- Paper disproves Spock
- Spock vaporizes Rock
- Rock crushes Scissors

#496 9 years ago

Where did RobT "shat" on you in that thread???

#497 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I just looked and no shitting happened !

#498 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I never said he did it, or anyone else, is was a general statement about the reaction to my enthusiasm to the game.

Get out the pitch forks!

#499 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I just looked and no shitting happened !

Phew, thank goodness, I was about to turn my underwear inside out to get another day out of them.

#500 9 years ago

I never said he did it, or anyone else, is was a general statement about the reaction to my enthusiasm to the game.
Get out the pitch forks!

Exactly.

Guys, I never said that he said that "I" did that. I was asking if others did, in terms of gameplay itself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waiting-room-stern-st-code-update/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.