Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 41 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Legendairy Cow2.jpg
image.jpg
index-716.jpeg
Nothing Happened-323.jpg
index-266.jpeg
index.jpeg
images-26.jpg
Steve tells about ST and DPO.png
image-52.jpg
coindoorleds 021.JPG
coindoorleds 020.JPG
coindoorleds 015.JPG
coindoorleds 002.JPG
image-451.jpg
image.jpg
new translite.png

This topic is closed.

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.
#1 6 years ago

So after seeing the fun waiting for the Met code, figured I'd start one waiting for the ST code.
Power pack supposedly coming.
Rumors about a code update coming...

#2 6 years ago

The game is AWESOME!!!

current codes as of today

V1.42 - February 18, 2014 for Prem/LE
V1.40 - December 24, 2013 Pro

I patiently wait for new code for my already NEW awesome Pro

#3 6 years ago

I just got my ST yesterday and it's already old news, I need new code! Kidding, game is awesome.

Favorite moment of my day 1 of ownership: when a klingon told me my mother has a smooth forehead.
I mean, she does and all, but he didn't have to say it.

#4 6 years ago

Just in case you weren't following our threads on code suggestions, here's the word straight from Steve Ritchie:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey guys, news comes in from the man himself. Enjoy:
"Tanio, myself and others on the team are reading the Pinside ST threads, especially “Star Trek= Work. Proposed Solutions Inside”. What we really like is that you are all conducting yourselves like intelligent gentlemen, carefully describing your feelings on how we could make the code more fun and exciting. We are taking in everything, and we’re grateful for your input. The ST problems you have described will be our focal points for solutions and creating fun, rewarding change is our goal.”
“I read Pinside every day, and there’s usually a lot of hate mixed in with some constructive and interesting points. I saw no hate anywhere in this thread, and it goes a long way toward taking Pinside seriously. If you want your needs and concerns addressed, this is the model way to present your thoughts. Thanks.”
Steve Ritchie

So they're working on it, they hear our concerns, and more importantly, keeping it positive and constructive is how we keep them listening to us.

#5 6 years ago

Well, they've demonstrated thru their actions so far this year that they've turned a corner with dedicating time to code and equally important: communication.
Communication is really all that is required to make the "hate" go away and "intelligent gentlemen" surface in the forums.
Setbacks happen all the time and if it's communicated, it's fully understood. Metallica code was promised this week and they delivered an awesome update.
They've earned my trust back and I hope they keep it this time. I have FULL FAITH that ST will be a LOT different 6 months from now and my LE ain't going nowhere!!
Thanks for passing that along Aurich - hadn't seen it.

#6 6 years ago

So I will be like a James Bond villan, and explain my scheme.

step 1 ) insult Stern, SR, ST game, and code

"you all suck, Stern sucks, SR hasn't made a good game since High Speed, code blows"

step 2) wait for the prices of ST to fall due to bad code bashing

step 3) purchase a cheap ST Premium or LE

step 4) apologize for the comments.... explain that WPT is awesome and ST is fun (both true statements)

step 5) enjoy new code while owning a ST Prem/LE

#7 6 years ago

I am excited, just wish the facebook post would have said coming soon, thought for a second i might get it today

#8 6 years ago

So I had emailed Jody at Stern about a month ago and at that time he said they had not recorded Karl yet. Interestingly enough I just emailed him this morning and asked:

"Hi Jody!!! I hope you have been well. It's been a little over a month since I emailed you and I am just curious if you recorded Karl yet? Still loving my Star Trek pinball machine and can't wait for the next update!"

His response from a couple mins ago:

"Stuff is in the works now!"

Plus, Stern just posted the Karl Urban video from November on their facebook page about 10 mins ago...looks like we are close to something!!!

#9 6 years ago

Teaser trailer reposted today on Stern's facebook page. I'd say it's next in line.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just in case you weren't following our threads on code suggestions, here's the word straight from Steve Ritchie:

Thanks, I hadn't seen that post from SR. I also have been avoiding that thread because I figured it would be filled with the usual bickering and complaining. It is nice to see that it didn't devolve into that. I will have to check it out.

#11 6 years ago

My ST is waiting patiently...
image.jpg

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So they're working on it, they hear our concerns, and more importantly, keeping it positive and constructive is how we keep them listening to us.

Yeah thanks for posting that and let's keep it civil, that's the way to get it done. You don't get peoples attention by insulting them.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Trace_on:

image.jpg 145 KB

While your waiting put some mirror blades on it.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yep, communication is a good thing. Negative attitudes break that down pretty quickly.

#15 6 years ago

Hi Steve!!! Thanks for reading!!!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Trace_on:

image.jpg 145 KB

My ST sits immediately to the left of my TZ as well!!

#17 6 years ago

I will finaly get my ST premium in ca 2 weeks and it will be placed to the right of TZ (with Tron on the left side)

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

My ST sits immediately to the left of my TZ as well!!

Quoted from karl:

I will finaly get my ST premium in ca 2 weeks and it will be placed to the right of TZ (with Tron on the left side)

You both have impeccable taste.

#19 6 years ago

Bummer steve only assumes men own and play ST

#20 6 years ago

Joining the club soon fellas

Picking up my Star Trek LE next week! Stoked!

#21 6 years ago

We just got ours about 2 weeks ago!
No TZ, though. ST hangs out with Ahnohld.

Having a lot of fun with the current code, can't wait to see whats next!

#22 6 years ago

Waiting for STLE code. I really feel the game is awesome how it stands. Will be interesting how the custom voice work is integrated.

#23 6 years ago

Please, sir, can I have some more code?
More.jpg

#24 6 years ago

man i can't wait to see what the shield targets on my pro will do... right now, ab-so-lu-te-ly NOTHING!

i hope the next update will be with urban.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Joining the club soon fellas
Picking up my Star Trek LE next week! Stoked!

Congrats!, i thought about selling mine for a second.. than i came back to reality it just kicks too much ass!

1 week later
#26 6 years ago

I was at Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle yesterday and had a quick chat with Karl Urban. He confirmed that he's already done his recording for the game. Hopefully for all the owners, this means the next code update is underway and you'll see it sooner rather than later.

Blair

1 month later
#27 6 years ago

Ill hope the code gets done soon !

#28 6 years ago

Code or no code, right now everyone that comes over, my wife and my kids all like my STLE the best of all my pins. I can see the need for code update as I can progress further than they and I play A LOT more pinball than anyone, but I think STLE was great out of the box for probably 99% of players. You folks a lot better than I or the people I hang with I'm sure suffer more from code issues than from the average or below average guy/gal.

That said, I am VERY excited about a new code update and am especially hoping for a way to continue down the story line without having to hit the either of the blue mode start shots between 1, 2 and 3rd levels of a mode.

#29 6 years ago

I love my ST pro more than any pin that i have , everyone that comes over are blown away by it !!

#30 6 years ago

I have my ST LE next to my Tron Pro (heavily modded) and I must say, that is one pretty attractive area! Does anyone else think ST is the most solid-feeling game made by Stern for quite a while? Just feels great to play, and has the looks to match.
In the next update can our friend say "two times" rather than "two x"? Just a small point. Loving the multi balls and movie quotes, and looking forward to the new call-outs coming up.
Personal taste - I like the digitised movie clips as per Tron rather than the cartoons currently in ST, not sure what others think.

Keep up the good work!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I like the digitised movie clips as per Tron rather than the cartoons currently in ST, not sure what others think.

I agree.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I have my ST LE next to my Tron Pro (heavily modded) and I must say, that is one pretty attractive area! Does anyone else think ST is the most solid-feeling game made by Stern for quite a while? Just feels great to play, and has the looks to match.
In the next update can our friend say "two times" rather than "two x"? Just a small point. Loving the multi balls and movie quotes, and looking forward to the new call-outs coming up.
Personal taste - I like the digitised movie clips as per Tron rather than the cartoons currently in ST, not sure what others think.
Keep up the good work!

Well, I actually felt Met pro was a more solid feeling game than STLE - not sure why. Metal ramps? But just my opinion.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, I actually felt Met pro was a more solid feeling game than STLE - not sure why. Metal ramps? But just my opinion.

I have exactly the same feeling (although I own neither) with ST Pro vs Met Pro. Could it simply be weight ? ST seems lighter - Am I mistaken ?

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Keep up the good work!

Feel the opposite. Feels least solid IMO, at least on location.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Keep up the good work!

I like the "feel" of my STPro also, solid and well made, same with Mustang. The quality of both games is top notch.

#36 6 years ago

Man, I must be crazy as my ST pro bores the heck out of me today. First couple of days I played it a lot. Since then maybe 5 games tops since March. Just collecting dust now. Everyone says TF is like chopping wood and I have no clue why people don't feel the same on this pin. It's beautiful to look at and has a lot of potentialso I'm hoping the code update is great as I want to love it too.

This is not hating on the game. Just my opinion on it at showing my support for a much needed update for a pin that currently is not living up to the potential it has.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Keep up the good work!

Agreed STLE is one of the most if not the most solid feeling Stern to date imho...The game is eye candy now it needs code to match.
Could just be me but I don't get the same feeling on ST pro as I do on the LE.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Feel the opposite. Feels least solid IMO, at least on location.

Yea right! like Avengers and avatar feel more solid?.... Not! The avengers at my local arcade feels like its gunna break every time I play it and half the time I can't play it because it is broken (the Tessarac cube was completely broken last time I was there & game was out of order again) Avengers damn near feels like a Costco model.

#38 6 years ago

I'm fine with being patient, waiting for code doesn't cause me anxiety and I still am enjoying the pin as is, but definitely looking forward to it! I expect to have a little wait in front of us still.

#39 6 years ago

End of summer? Light on rumors lately.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Everyone says TF is like chopping wood and I have no clue why people don't feel the same on this pin.

It's a little less wood-choppy due to the "choose your own adventure" aspect. Instead of playing all Level 1's, try picking one mission and going thru 1-2-3 in a row...not only does it give you a "complete story" but the challenge keeps amping up on 2 & 3. It's pretty satisfying to finish a whole episode....even if you can only get thru 1 in a game. Next game, pick a new one!

#41 6 years ago

i'm patient, i think with the code update (bone's update) it's going to be a totally different game.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Waiting for STLE code. I really feel the game is awesome how it stands. Will be interesting how the custom voice work is integrated.

I agree,

I don't think it's terrible code currently, but I do think it should be improved on. I have a long timeframe, so I am not impatient. Plus I have several other pins I am enjoying as well. I hope the game is improved on is a few areas such as side missions (other than the main modes) and maybe a way to continue missions on the fly such as keep on the same mission when done level 1 and 2 rather than have to stop everything while you hit the away team shot.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

That said, I am VERY excited about a new code update and am especially hoping for a way to continue down the story line without having to hit the either of the blue mode start shots between 1, 2 and 3rd levels of a mode.

I thought that same thing, I far prefer to play 3 deep as the story is that way, you don't complete one part of a scene in a movie and jump to another scene. More continuity and hopefully there will be some sort of high score table for each mode (such as on ACDC song HS) could allow us to work on one area of the game and make some accomplishment even if we don't complete the entire game at one time.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Keep up the good work!

+1000

not a deal breaker, but I'd far prefer the movie clips (as long as it was not murky like SM, more like Tron I agree for me).

#45 6 years ago

Agree on dmd! The clip of the first vengeance is the style i prefer.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Agreed STLE is one of the most if not the most solid feeling Stern to date imho...The game is eye candy now it needs code to match.
Could just be me but I don't get the same feeling on ST pro as I do on the LE.

Yea right! like Avengers and Avatar feel more solid?.... Not! The Avengers at my local arcade feels like its gunna break every time I play it and half the time I can't play it because it is broken (the Tessarac cube was completely broken last time I was there & game was out of order again) Avengers damn near feels like a Costco model.

It is what it is. I own AVLE and ACDC prem. I've owned TFLE. I've played a lot of Tron and ST on route, and they feel a lot less solid. Maybe in my house they would feel better. Met on location has felt ok.

AVLE has metal ramps and does feel quite solid to me. I broke my cube the other day....but it was ZDoors modded cube...shit happens when a steel ball goes flying around an enclosed space. ST doesn't have anything on it that could break! Lol. I suppose those foil rocks might get dented?

#47 6 years ago

Cut scenes look like ass on a DMD.

And even if they didn't, you can't customize them like you can original content to match what's going on in the pin.

I'm glad Star Trek has custom dots!

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a little less wood-choppy due to the "choose your own adventure" aspect. Instead of playing all Level 1's, try picking one mission and going thru 1-2-3 in a row...not only does it give you a "complete story" but the challenge keeps amping up on 2 & 3. It's pretty satisfying to finish a whole episode....even if you can only get thru 1 in a game. Next game, pick a new one!

Agreed, going through the full I-II-III mission is more fun and interesting for me.

I love the table the way it is, and I'm sure the update will knock it out of the park.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from big_ragu:

Agreed, going through the full I-II-III mission is more fun and interesting for me.
I love the table the way it is, and I'm sure the update will knock it out of the park.

Agreed!

I did Klingon battle 3; then space jump 3. Was on a roll so did STE 3. Next thing I know I'm at enterprise amok and this happened....

image-526.jpgimage.jpg

Ended up finishing all level 3 missions but 2 (DTD & Nero). With feature adjustment 33 set to no, I had 4 shots set at 2x. I don't care what y'all say this game is bad ass! And I'm glad my game lasted 30+ mins cause next to acdc and BDK (lightning flippers), I needed a long ball time game - even though most STLE games aren't that long. But dam that game felt goooohoooouuooodd!

#50 6 years ago

Wow. Nice score and progression. This games kicks my butt constantly. Just a testimony to my poor play I guess.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside