Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JStoltz
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    AD3545FE-8728-4788-9106-FC44B8A31213 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c0untdem0net.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 2 years ago

I've been waiting on my AIQ premium and just missed out on the run a month ago. When the price increase rumored started showing up on the cointaker website I contacted the distributor and told them I wouldn't be paying 1k more for the machine and just cancel my order if that is the case. He said he would do what he can once the increase becomes official but if the increase is that much there probably isn't much that could be done on their end.

I was called last week and told my machine had shipped to the distributor and should be shipping to me this week. I've not heard yet but have paid in full so hopefully it is on it's way to me before the increase.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from Happy81724:

I agree with that. Based off past actions you either pay the increase or cancel.
    What’s the price increase that rumored?

600 pros, 1k premium, le is not as specific but somewhere in the 1k-1500

Cointaker already has updated prices for most machines on the website that matches that.

#60 2 years ago

Stern also said the ones coming before 1/1/22 will bear the 200 cost increase of the stern connected. So expect to pay that 200 or some subset negotiated with your distributor after the machines start being built with it. I'm pretty sure that started this week.

1 week later
    #83 2 years ago

I've had 4 new in box delivered from stern over the past few years and not one was wrapped in plastic. All in the standard cardboard box. My latest came yesterday and luckily no damage to the box or machine from shipping. I have had two though where box damage almost made me decline delivery. Overall though they are packaged quite well for anything but water damage.

#91 2 years ago

The problem is the distributor/manufacturer system in place. The deposit is with the distributor and not with Stern. When stern raises their prices it's an immediate increase to the wholesale price the distributor pays so it would be the distributor that would have to eat the cost increase to keep the price the same for the buyer. In this case we're talking over 1k for premiums and LE's and 600 for the pro. I don't know what the wholesale price of a pinball machine is but I doubt many of the distributors can handle taking a loss on the machines. They may work with you if the machine gets delivered close to the time the increase takes effect but that's going to be on a distributor by distributor basis.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c0untdem0net.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waiting-for-nib-thread?tu=c0untdem0net and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.