Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JStoltz
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    AD3545FE-8728-4788-9106-FC44B8A31213 (resized).png
    There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from sharkey1331:

Placed order for a Deadpool Pro in early May this year. Was told there'd be a September run of DP Pro that it would be in. Anyone know if this is delayed, and possibly now the "December" run I am hearing about? Or did Stern do a run in Sept and will also do one in Dec?
    Thanks!

When I ordered mine in July, the distributor told me he was getting ten of them in "November or December" (I reserved #8). Now I'm hearing from others that it's more like December or January.

My concern now is that, with Godzilla just announced, it will push production on all the older games back even further. Does Stern just have one production line or are they able to work on more than one game at a time?

#52 2 years ago

Damn. I'm super jealous of all these people that ordered their IMDN machine like a month ago and already having them shipped. I put a deposit down in February for a premium and I still haven't heard anything yet

#53 2 years ago

I'm thinking of getting a NIB Godzilla premium. I would like to avoid CA sales tax (something I wish I had thought of before putting a deposit down on my IMDN). Anybody have any distributors they recommend outside of CA that will ship to CA for free?

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Does Stern just have one production line or are they able to work on more than one game at a time?

With the size of their backlog and the knowledge of their supply chain issues for parts, I think it’s safe to assume they’re 1) maxed out on all existing lines and 2) not in a position to expand to more lines, due to lack of parts to even build anything.

I think Stern probably knows better than anyone how much revenue they’re delaying with the backlog they have. Have to think if expanding more lines made sense they would be all over it. Even if that meant renting out and using a separate facility for sub-assemblies and such.

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thorne:

I'm thinking of getting a NIB Godzilla premium. I would like to avoid CA sales tax (something I wish I had thought of before putting a deposit down on my IMDN). Anybody have any distributors they recommend outside of CA that will ship to CA for free?

Coin taker

#56 2 years ago

Stern backlog on premiums - STh, Maiden, DP, JP, EHOH, Mando’s and now Godzilla’s.

Stern oversold on LE’s - All titles except LZ.

#57 2 years ago

Has anyone paid an increased price on their recently shipped IM Pros? I was quoted $5,999 when I put my order in. Thanks.

#58 2 years ago

The price of pros at P1 went up to $6199 as of the Godzilla announcement. I have been talking to them this week. I expect you will have to pay the extra now.

Also, any word of another run of Guardians?

Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone paid an increased price on their recently shipped IM Pros? I was quoted $5,999 when I put my order in. Thanks.

#59 2 years ago

New prices kick in on games produced after 1/1/22, Godzilla being the exception. Just talked to JJ at GEX about that Deadpool December run. If it's delayed by just one month the price goes up. Tough call.

#60 2 years ago

Stern also said the ones coming before 1/1/22 will bear the 200 cost increase of the stern connected. So expect to pay that 200 or some subset negotiated with your distributor after the machines start being built with it. I'm pretty sure that started this week.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Stern also said the ones coming before 1/1/22 will bear the 200 cost increase of the stern connected. So expect to pay that 200 or some subset negotiated with your distributor after the machines start being built with it. I'm pretty sure that started this week.

That is also correct. Forgot to add that appendum.

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thorne:

Damn. I'm super jealous of all these people that ordered their IMDN machine like a month ago and already having them shipped. I put a deposit down in February for a premium and I still haven't heard anything yet
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e4a38ea7f5393cc2ddacb972fdb00f0ccdd280e1-1631827138-1800"};
    //]]>

I feel for you. Mine arrives tomorrow. I ordered it August 24, of course I emailed just as a buyer backed out, so Killer timing on my part.

#63 2 years ago

Yay my Iron Maiden Premium came in. There was no word from my distributor until yesterday when I hear "it just showed up today. If you can pay your balance we can deliver it later".
    Had to adjust the newton ball switch as it wasn't registering except for really hard direct hits but other than that everything is good.
    I almost put a deposit on a Godzilla but I think I will wait for the 2nd run and give myself a little more time to save up for it.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thorne:

Yay my Iron Maiden Premium came in. There was no word from my distributor until yesterday when I hear "it just showed up today. If you can pay your balance we can deliver it later".
    Had to adjust the newton ball switch as it wasn't registering except for really hard direct hits but other than that everything is good.
    I almost put a deposit on a Godzilla but I think I will wait for the 2nd run and give myself a little more time to save up for it.

wow i hope i get same email, been waiting for my iron maiden premium forever now it seems

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from raidershane2:

wow i hope i get same email, been waiting for my iron maiden premium forever now it seems

Me too.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Just got my IM Pro a couple weeks ago, and no increase in price.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern backlog on premiums - STh, Maiden, DP, JP, EHOH, Mando’s and now Godzilla’s.
    Stern oversold on LE’s - All titles except LZ.

I heard they stopped production on STh premium along time ago, like earlier this year if at all. Before ppl even realized how good it was. I wish it was just back logged that would be awesome to see more out in public, or ppls basement for that matter.

#68 2 years ago

What is the cheapest state to buy a NIB? Are there any with no state sales tax so you just pay the advertised price? Thanks.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammer3246:

I feel for you. Mine arrives tomorrow. I ordered it August 24, of course I emailed just as a buyer backed out, so Killer timing on my part.

Nitro?

#71 2 years ago

Ordered my Prem in April from Nitro and still waiting.

#72 2 years ago

Ordered my Mando Premium in May. Was initially told expect to get it in July. Still waiting....

If I have to pay more because of this delay I'll be pissed -- especially after being told it's 'due to supply chain issues" affecting production. But somehow they can find a way to put a new machine like Godzilla on the production line.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Ordered my Mando Premium in May. Was initially told expect to get it in July. Still waiting....
    If I have to pay more because of this delay I'll be pissed -- especially after being told it's 'due to supply chain issues" affecting production. But somehow they can find a way to put a new machine like Godzilla on the production line.

My thoughts exactly.

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from FamDocKevin:

I'm in the same boat,I'm waiting for a JP run this coming December. As of now,my distributor said the price increase won't affect me. If there is a delay,and the prices do go up on my machine,I'll just cancel the order,and Stern is dead to me ! I know someone will just jump in and buy my cancelled machine,but so be it.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm in the same boat,I'm waiting for a JP run this coming December. As of now,my distributor said the price increase won't affect me. If there is a delay,and the prices do go up on my machine,I'll just cancel the order,and Stern is dead to me ! I know someone will just jump in and buy my cancelled machine,but so be it.

I'm in the same boat. The sucky part is those December orders are almost assured to slip - they've been behind on everything due to supply issues. On top of that they say anything after Jan 1st will be with the new price, so they have no real incentive to hurry those shipments since delays = more money for those same units. But even if they start shipping in December, several of those of us in line will not be shipped until Jan/Feb, which sounds like it will be at the new price...so not only would you be expected to pay more for the exact same machine that guys in 2021 paid $1000 less, but you may even have to pay more than guys just a few places in line in front of you who happened to get theirs shipped in December. AND we don't even know if we'll be able to run the custom code on them yet, which guys who already have their machines (at a cheaper price) have that option.

#76 2 years ago

Maiden premium coming home tonight!!!

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from bdaddy:

I'm in the same boat. The sucky part is those December orders are almost assured to slip - they've been behind on everything due to supply issues. On top of that they say anything after Jan 1st will be with the new price, so they have no real incentive to hurry those shipments since delays = more money for those same units. But even if they start shipping in December, several of those of us in line will not be shipped until Jan/Feb, which sounds like it will be at the new price...so not only would you be expected to pay more for the exact same machine that guys in 2021 paid $1000 less, but you may even have to pay more than guys just a few places in line in front of you who happened to get theirs shipped in December. AND we don't even know if we'll be able to run the custom code on them yet, which guys who already have their machines (at a cheaper price) have that option.

Yep. These supply chain issues don't seem to deter them from taking orders and releasing new games.

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Yep. These supply chain issues don't seem to deter them from taking orders and releasing new games.

Doesn't seem like they have a supply issue when it comes to adding the Stern insider connect crap, and charging you another $300.00 bucks for it.

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Doesn't seem like they have a supply issue when it comes to adding the Stern insider connect crap, and charging you another $300.00 bucks for it.

I get what you’re trying to say, but I’ll bite anyway. The supply chain issues come up when any single unique part in the lengthy BoM has a long lead time for procurement. For arguments sake, they could be using node boards and QR readers as toilet paper due to an abundance of those parts, but still struggle to build a single JP due to sourcing issues with stepper motors.

That’s why it makes business sense for them to release and sell new machines that they DO have the parts for while they wait for parts to come in for re-runs of previous titles. It feels like being slighted when a new release cuts the line in front of a re-run, but it’s at least somewhat (if not mostly) motivated by logistics.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

I get what you’re trying to say, but I’ll bite anyway. The supply chain issues come up when any single unique part in the lengthy BoM has a long lead time for procurement. For arguments sake, they could be using node boards and QR readers as toilet paper due to an abundance of those parts, but still struggle to build a single JP due to sourcing issues with stepper motors.
    That’s why it makes business sense for them to release and sell new machines that they DO have the parts for while they wait for parts to come in for re-runs of previous titles. It feels like being slighted when a new release cuts the line in front of a re-run, but it’s at least somewhat (if not mostly) motivated by logistics.

I understand what your saying, I worked on the manufacturing side for a long time, I think the biggest thing (at least for me) is that they announced a big price increase, plus the insider connect which is increasing the price of a game by $300 starting this week, and from the outside it looks like they are more concerned with doing everything but fulfill the backlog of games. I'm a patient person, and have been waiting 6 months for the two games I preordered but hoping you get them before the new price increase goes into effect sucks. I'll already be paying $600.00 more due to in insider connect which I don't want, but I'm not going to pay 2k more if they don't come in before the first of the year, I'll cancel my order first. This is why people are upset, you pay for something, wait 6 months or more, then they expect you to pay more.

#81 2 years ago

I'm still waiting on a May run BM66. I asked JJ at GEX today, and he says he's still being told October for the build. I'll belive it when I see it in my basement.

1 week later
    #82 2 years ago

Picked up my IM Pro today. Price did go up $200 from the original quote and I was expecting the app function for the $200, but game didn't come with it. Machine wasn't even wrapped from the factory, so if any water got through the box or if it got punctured, decals could easily get scratched or damaged. You think they would protect the game with some sort of plastic bag/wrap? Luckily no issues.

#83 2 years ago

I've had 4 new in box delivered from stern over the past few years and not one was wrapped in plastic. All in the standard cardboard box. My latest came yesterday and luckily no damage to the box or machine from shipping. I have had two though where box damage almost made me decline delivery. Overall though they are packaged quite well for anything but water damage.

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Picked up my IM Pro today. Price did go up $200 from the original quote and I was expecting the app function for the $200, but game didn't come with it. Machine wasn't even wrapped from the factory, so if any water got through the box or if it got punctured, decals could easily get scratched or damaged. You think they would protect the game with some sort of plastic bag/wrap? Luckily no issues.

That stinks the price went up for no reason, I heard that all the machines are going up $300.00 to pay for the insider connect (which in my opinion they should have Waited to do that after the first of the year with the big price increase). On the good side is at least you got your machine, I'm still waiting on mine.

#85 2 years ago

I’ve seen discussions about Stern’s January price increases on game-specific topics, but I thought it might be more appropriate to ask about it here.

I agreed to a price on a new game with a dealer a few months ago and put down a deposit. If they do raise the agreed-upon price on me after January, I wonder if that’s entirely legal. In this situation, wouldn’t that be a type of bait-and-switch or Trojan horse scheme?

Are there any lawyers out there who can shed some light on the consumer rights at play here?

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I’ve seen discussions about Stern’s January price increases on game-specific topics, but I thought it might be more appropriate to ask about it here.
    I agreed to a price on a new game with a dealer a few months ago and put down a deposit. If they do raise the agreed-upon price on me after January, I wonder if that’s entirely legal. In this situation, wouldn’t that be a type of bait-and-switch or Trojan horse scheme?
    Are there any lawyers out there who can shed some light on the consumer rights at play here?

I think you are entitled to cancel your order and they must return your deposit if you don't want to pay the increase but you cant force them to sell it to you at the lower price *not legal advice*

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoSkills:

I think you are entitled to cancel your order and they must return your deposit if you don't want to pay the increase but you cant force them to sell it to you at the lower price *not legal advice*

Oh, absolutely! I’m just thinking through hypothetical scenarios and weighing my options. One option is that I can back out of the deal and get my deposit back. Or maybe they’ll honor the price we settled on last summer. But there are consumer protections in place and I’m curious if they’d apply to this one hypothetical situation where they agree to one price and then raise it just prior to the sale.

#88 2 years ago

I don’t think any prior pricing will be honoured. There are numerous reasons for the price increase (increase costs in manufacturing and parts, insider connected, etc). The only thing that won’t bring stern any goodwill in my opinion is the increase around the insider connected kit itself. While I understand sterns strategy here (and am on board with wanting to put this in all my games), I think the proper thing to do would be to check with dealers for anyone who has deposits in on titles for the next runs and give them the option to remove the insider connected kit for some further savings. Any new orders though, or further 2022 runs should come fully with insider connected. On the positive side of things, stern has given us ample time and warning for the change. But even with ample time, if there is no stock, well……..

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

Oh, absolutely! I’m just thinking through hypothetical scenarios and weighing my options. One option is that I can back out of the deal and get my deposit back. Or maybe they’ll honor the price we settled on last summer. But there are consumer protections in place and I’m curious if they’d apply to this one hypothetical situation where they agree to one price and then raise it just prior to the sale.

Ask your distributor

#90 2 years ago

I think the real rub for many, myself included, is that there have been multiple new games announced, sold, and delivered that didn't even exist when we made a monetary agreement to purchase. Resources, which are obviously diminished currently, have been diverted from the games we ordered to complete games of non-existent customers at the time of our order. And now, not only do we get to watch others jump ahead in the line, but we get to pay extra for the privilege.

#91 2 years ago

The problem is the distributor/manufacturer system in place. The deposit is with the distributor and not with Stern. When stern raises their prices it's an immediate increase to the wholesale price the distributor pays so it would be the distributor that would have to eat the cost increase to keep the price the same for the buyer. In this case we're talking over 1k for premiums and LE's and 600 for the pro. I don't know what the wholesale price of a pinball machine is but I doubt many of the distributors can handle taking a loss on the machines. They may work with you if the machine gets delivered close to the time the increase takes effect but that's going to be on a distributor by distributor basis.

#92 2 years ago

There’s a pretty good chance that nobody will care when you find out your game is gonna cost more than originally quoted and you back out. Look at demand right now, distros will have no problem unloading the game you declined on to someone else paying the new price. That’s the unfortunate reality.

#93 2 years ago

Best of luck to all of your New purchases .

#94 2 years ago

Trying to find a distributor with JP premiums for this possible December run. Anyone have a lead?

It’ll be our first pin, and going Prem. is already a budget stretch for us - but if we miss this run might just have to defer entirely for now.

Don’t mind a used game at all, but pricing isn’t much better there…

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

That stinks the price went up for no reason, I heard that all the machines are going up $300.00 to pay for the insider connect (which in my opinion they should have Waited to do that after the first of the year with the big price increase). On the good side is at least you got your machine, I'm still waiting on mine.

I asked Stern about the $200 price increase and they told me it was not them but the distributor. Not much I can do about it if I want to have good service from the distributor while the game is under warranty. That would be my biggest worry, shitty service if I was to complain about the price increase. Got you by the balls basically.

#96 2 years ago

The current rumor is that the factory is only going to produce Godzilla until Jan 1 and all other runs of pre ordered machines have been placed "hold" until then.
    For those of us still waiting (for weeks/months) on pre ordered machines, I suggest we post in this thread over the next three months if/when our various orders get filled.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Ask your distributor

I’m going to wait for them to contact me with any updates before I make a decision. No sense in poking the bear.

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from keeganhayes:

Trying to find a distributor with JP premiums for this possible December run. Anyone have a lead?
    It’ll be our first pin, and going Prem. is already a budget stretch for us - but if we miss this run might just have to defer entirely for now.
    Don’t mind a used game at all, but pricing isn’t much better there…

Congrats on getting your first…and being on pinside for 8 yrs means this must be super exciting.

At this point, I wouldn’t bank on a December delivery. Many of us were told we would be receiving pins much earlier in the year. The distributors simply don’t know because stern keep changing the plan (see Godzilla only rumor).

There are a good number of used ones coming up for sale now which is a change, because until Godzilla was announced used premiums were very scarce.

If you don’t buy now and aren’t locked in at the old price (and who is..?) and you end up buying used next year, you’ll likely pay more because used prices should go up once the NIB prices go up.

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

I asked Stern about the $200 price increase and they told me it was not them but the distributor. Not much I can do about it if I want to have good service from the distributor while the game is under warranty. That would be my biggest worry, shitty service if I was to complain about the price increase. Got you by the balls basically.

Yea that sucks, they have you either way.

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from gorditas:

I think the real rub for many, myself included, is that there have been multiple new games announced, sold, and delivered that didn't even exist when we made a monetary agreement to purchase. Resources, which are obviously diminished currently, have been diverted from the games we ordered to complete games of non-existent customers at the time of our order. And now, not only do we get to watch others jump ahead in the line, but we get to pay extra for the privilege.

That is exactly how I feel, we not only see new games come out, and go into production, but we are also expected to pay more for the machines we have already ordered because of the price increase. Now with the rumor Stern is only going to produce Godzilla until after the first of the year just doesn't sit right with me.

There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.