(Topic ID: 89321)

Wait, people actually finance Pinball Machines?

By Jared

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chadderack
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cave-dweller-chisel.jpg
    1970AMX.jpg
    straightcash.jpg
    lesbaercustom1911.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spybryon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Maybe the games are routed? I assume back in the 80-90s it was common practice, but just guessing. If it can pay for itself, and you could route enough of them, then why not get the leverage. It could get some cash flow going to route even more games.

If it's for home use, it's a bit odd. Though people finance all sorts of stuff so not that surprising.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

If I buy a NIB on my credit card I get like 150 bucks in points. Then I pay the card before the interest hits and it's like a magical discount! I buy almost everything even fast food on my CC just to keep getting the points. Pay the card up regularly and your making money off the loans not paying interest! Play the game right and you can cash in pretty well!

Tom

Which distributors selling NIB pins accept credit cards for the same price as cash / check?

When I ordered my only NIB pin (Tron), if I wanted to pay with credit card it was more expensive vs. paying by check. So I don't see what benefit there is to putting it on a credit card with points, if the higher purchase price is going to cancel the benefits.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

How do you pay the distrubitor for a NIB, assuming you don't want to charge it?

Mail a check? Wire transfer from your bank? PayPal?

Yes. I did bill pay from my bank and a check was mailed. There was plenty of time for the check to clear before the game was shipped from Stern.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

So, essentially no different that writing out a check yourself and mailing it to the distrib?

Yes

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

A pinball machine is a physical item with value. I'm not sure how you would be unable to repossess it.

It's not as easy as a car because pinball machines would typically be kept indoors. Cars are sometimes stored outside and easily towed away. So if you hire a repo man to reposses the pinball machine, they probably have to break into the building they are stored inside.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spybryon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wait-people-actually-finance-pinball-machines?tu=Spybryon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.