(Topic ID: 28578)

Wait for Avengers or...

By Apollyon

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Who here is trying to decide whether to wait for Avengers announcement / info / release or pick something else up?

If so, what else are you considering buying?

For me, I think I have room for 1 more and that's it. After that, I have to move a beloved pin to get another one. (I have thought I was out of room before, but have found room for 4 more, but if I add 1 more I am truly out of room).

Do you get something now that you know you will like, or wait for Avengers and hope its great? If you wait for Avengers, you may miss out on a great deal now.

I loved the Avengers movie and am a fan of comic book / superhero pins.

Thoughts?

#2 11 years ago

Wouldn't there be some sort of announcement on Avengers soon? (playfield pics, LE/pro models, yadda, yadda...).

Michael

#3 11 years ago

i was told by a distro that it would be released end of Nov

#4 11 years ago

If the release is end of November, you'd think the info would start to come out soon.

#5 11 years ago

If the rumors are true, next year is Kiss and Star Trek
More interested in either of those

#6 11 years ago

Kiss would be a pretty pointless theme to go with, Avengers holds literally zero interest for me. My hopes are on Predator.

#7 11 years ago

I don't see Avengers coming out this year. I think that is why they are doing all these re-runs and TF home to give them time. I have loot set aside for Avengers and am waiting. Stern and George can have all the time they want! I don't want any rushing on this game. I also have a feeling this will be using new hardware and LCD? I can hope anyway

#8 11 years ago

Last year TF pro was done for expo and Gomez talked about LE features for TFLE. I can't believe they didn't have Avengers ready for the show. I'm not buying one until I can try it.

#9 11 years ago

Stern posted a FB comment today asking what Halloween theme we want. Maybe a horror theme is in fact in the works in the not too distant future.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Stern posted a FB comment today asking what Halloween theme we want. Maybe a horror theme is in fact in the works in the not too distant future.

Probably more FB games.

#11 11 years ago

I'm in a similar situation, so please let me know what you figure out. I'm thinking of selling off some of my early Solid State pins to make room for newer stuff though, as deciding between all these great titles that are available is very difficult.

Btw, Star Trek, if done by Steve Ritchie, would be fantastic!

#12 11 years ago

In for Avengers regardless if it hits Nov/Dec or Jan/Feb. I will buy Kiss but not Metallica. Hopefully a spot opens for a Predator as well. That should do me for a year.

#13 11 years ago

PNBLWZD - I am jealous of the fact that you have room for 47 games!

I am really torn whether to get one I really like for a good deal or wait and miss the deal. If I get both, I guess I'll have to ship out the one I play the least.

#14 11 years ago

I am hearing Superman not Star Trek

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

I could live with that

#16 11 years ago

I am probably between ACDC Prem. and Avengers unless something else gets announced around the same time.

I cannot imagine Stern doing XMEN, Avengers and Superman. It would seem that those would hurt each others sales too much.

#17 11 years ago

You would think but dang nabbit I would buy Superman too. Doh!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I could live with that

Me too but it seems I am a super hero theme junky so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

#19 11 years ago

Wait it out ... you have plenty of machines to keep you playing until Avengers is announced and you can get to play one. Deals come and go, I would not be worried about missing a deal.

#20 11 years ago

For me Superman and Avengers would be tough to choose between, especially having grown up in the 70's and 80's when Superman and Batman were the main superheroes.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

X-Men, Avengers, AND Superman? That's major super hero overkill. I really hope it's Trek instead.

#22 11 years ago

Star Trek would certainly make more sense and would possibly grab a bigger demographic with the new movie coming out in combination with all the older Trek fans.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Btw, Star Trek, if done by Steve Ritchie, would be fantastic!

YES it would!

#24 11 years ago

new superman movie coming out too

#25 11 years ago

I'm on the fence as well with this decision... I might wait a little longer until Stern gives some idea as to what they're doing in that factory of theirs.

#26 11 years ago

Star Trek seems to be a pipe dream, based on Steve Ritchie's renaissance. Avengers seems likely though.

#27 11 years ago

Star Treck, Metallica, and Avengers. JJ will be un-theamed, and Hobbit but only one will come out. These are rumors and specifics I heard from people at the Expo who appeared to know.

#28 11 years ago

I might be in for the Avengers pin , but if it's Gonna be like Xmen ( Comic ) No way !!

#29 11 years ago

Avengers could be a re-themed Xmen, just saying like Family Guy to Shrek.

There were Kiss posters for sale/to be autographed in the autograph session this year at expo so looks like Kiss may still happen. Would love for a Ritchie Startrek to be made. All this superhero pin stuff needs a break already. Bring on the sci-fi and make Futurama to complete the series.

GrV

#30 11 years ago

You can bet that if Stern puts it out it will be a fan layout game no matter who designs it. So will avengers be. Im betting that Kiss will be a AC/DC clone.

#31 11 years ago

Halloween theme?

Easy - Nightmare Before Christmas, nail two holidays in one and fight JJP on their family friendly turf.

In fact I really wish JJP were doing that instead of WOZ, thinking about it.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Halloween theme?

Easy - Nightmare Before Christmas, nail two holidays in one and fight JJP on their family friendly turf.

In fact I really wish JJP were doing that instead of WOZ, thinking about it.

Agree completely. I scratch my head as to why Nightmare Before Christmas or a Harry Potter themed game doesn't already exist. Seems like a slam dunk.

#33 11 years ago

After X-MEN I decided to hold off on buying NIB since I am tight on space and you just don't know if it will become the next Tron or TRS. I hate to sacrifice a game to make room and then it turns out to be a dud. Plus at these prices I would rather wait and see. I doubt the hype of any other game released by Stern will ever be as big as the hype for X-MEN and the length of the X-MEN thread speaks for itself. Between all the pinheads hype since it was Borg's game based on comics with custom art and DMD, expectations of comic book collectors buying them up like Tron, predictions of a 10K game by Christmas, etc if there was ever a game that should have sold out it was X-MEN. Distributors still have LE's in stock and there have been a number of HUO's for sale, so that tells me no matter what the next title is there will still be plenty of them available afterwards.

#35 11 years ago

Waiting for something is silly. Buy something now, if you want avengers later when it's announced, sell what you bought and buy avengers. Pins are easy to sell. It's not some like long investment that needs careful planning.

#36 11 years ago

I have a friend that toured sterns warehouse this past week and said he saw some empty boxes with THE AVENGERS stamped on it!!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from BumperNets:

I have a friend that toured sterns warehouse this past week and said he saw some empty boxes with THE AVENGERS stamped on it!!

that would be this
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-stern-area-52

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Who here is trying to decide whether to wait for Avengers announcement / info / release or pick something else up?
If so, what else are you considering buying?
For me, I think I have room for 1 more and that's it. After that, I have to move a beloved pin to get another one. (I have thought I was out of room before, but have found room for 4 more, but if I add 1 more I am truly out of room).
Do you get something now that you know you will like, or wait for Avengers and hope its great? If you wait for Avengers, you may miss out on a great deal now.
I loved the Avengers movie and am a fan of comic book / superhero pins.
Thoughts?

I believe the next game out will be a Borg Game and the theme is the Munsters out in January-Feb. Avengers will be released in April-May

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I will buy Kiss but not Metallica.

I'd actually buy Metallica and not KISS. If you want a Kiss pin, go buy the Bally version.

#40 11 years ago

Man of Steel

#41 11 years ago

Yeah, a Steve Ritchie game, how about a twist on HSII and a superman theme, I think that could ROCK!

#42 11 years ago

I like the theme but I'm holding out for Stern's new platform....something very different and compelling would need to be in the Avengers LE for me to buy it.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Star Treck, Metallica, and Avengers. JJ will be un-theamed, and Hobbit but only one will come out. These are rumors and specifics I heard from people at the Expo who appeared to know.

Thats the three I posted after seeing on my distributors sales guide about a month ago.
Borg Metallica
Star Trek Ritchie
Avengers Gomez

#44 11 years ago

I am waiting to see pics/gameplay video of Avengers first. If it doesn't look good I'm pulling the trigger on POTC or SM.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm not buying one until I can try it.

I will be pre-ordering if its avengers and you can come play it here buddy!

#46 11 years ago

I am excited to see it but unsure if I will be purchasing one.

#47 11 years ago

The bad part about Superman is when Doomsday comes out and kills him.

Instant game over.

#48 11 years ago

Star Trek Ritchie....yep, I'm waiting for that one....Kiss and Metallica, no thanks

#49 11 years ago

Personally I would love to see Steve Ritchie do another Superman machine. whether it happens or not only time will tell.

To go head to head with JJP on a family friendly type of machine and also with a twist of horror, I would like to see a Scooby Doo machine made. Plenty of scope for family friendly or adult settings and it is a theme that spans generations.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

I am waiting to see pics/gameplay video of Avengers first. If it doesn't look good I'm pulling the trigger on POTC or SM.

Both great choices. Played both tonight and had a great time. Very different but fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wait-for-avengers-or and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.