(Topic ID: 287417)

Wago connector terminal: A Molex replacement possibly?

By cottonm4

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5678 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5677 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5676 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5675 (resized).JPG
    Unknown (resized).png
    aaaa (resized).jpg
    aaaa (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.14.38 AM (resized).png
    IMG_5597 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.14.38 AM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210208-120903 (resized).png
    7bd82ccc827e82fa6c564701fe25486aed8c0fec (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 1.11.29 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago

I used two of the, for some power wiring on a Houdini. The lever is solid and has a locked position which snaps down. It is quite solid compression, and to close and open the lever takes some good force. You can buy smaller quantities on eBay. They are rated on solid and stranded wire because of the wide contact area and spring compression used

#9 3 years ago

These lever connectors are quite clever. Really well built, positive closure. I bought the 5 position version, but they come all the way down to 2 positions.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I was looking at those and like the way they look, but I am under the impression that they are permanent. If these work as a removable connector I would consider giving them a try, as well.
    Are they permanent? Or reusable?

You can lock them closed, and then open them if needed and re-use. They are amazing.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from HarryReimer:

The WALL nuts are terrible. Came with my Houdini power supply upgrade. The wire came out of the WALL nut, which is very easy to do, the wires don't sit very well in there. I got the WAGO nuts and LOVE THEM. reusable, so much better than a wire nut. I bought an assortment set and found tons of uses for them already.
    The reason they would NOT be used by pin manufacturers is cost IMHO they are ALOT more money then a molex connector or soldering.

Funny you mentioned Houdini! That is exactly how I became introduced to the WAGO connectors. API sent the push-on Wall-Nuts which essentially fell of in my hand before I put the new power supply into the cabinet!!! I cut those off, and replaced with the WAGO levers. Sweet!!!!

aaaa (resized).jpgaaaa (resized).jpg
    #29 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

For clarity, you are saying that this style can be locked and unlocked? I do not see any release points. How do do you release them?
    [quoted image]

No, the WAGO LEVER type. Wago 222-412

aaaa (resized).jpgaaaa (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Markharris2000.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wago-connector-terminal-a-molex-replacement-possibly?tu=Markharris2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.