IMG_5577 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5578 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5576 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
SuffChamp-01 (resized).jpg
2D64031D-4041-4E4A-871B-596837563AF2 (resized).jpeg
D5EE19A1-C2D6-416B-8B7D-F5D858227B75 (resized).jpeg
There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from A_Bord:

Anyone hear rumblings of a Surf Champ backglass repro? Not interested in a BGRestore.

It would be nice that when Wade does a playfield, the Backglass becomes available to.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

It would be nice that when Wade does a playfield, the Backglass becomes available to.

Hoping when I find my machine it has a good glass. I have seen some survive quite nicely.

#103 1 year ago

Ron Webb is planning on doing a run of Surf Champ - I know because he's going to use my old one as a guide. But he's been delayed - his screener can't get the reducer for the Nazdar ink that they use (this was as of December). He was hoping the reducer would be available early this year and he could move forward. I just emailed him to see if he has any updated schedule.

His glasses are top notch. I recently bought an Abra Ca Dabra and Jacks Open from him. They are MAGNIFICENT!

#104 1 year ago

So tempted on a playfield, but I only paid a few hundred for my whole game and the price is a really hard pill to swallow!

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

So tempted on a playfield, but I only paid a few hundred for my whole game and the price is a really hard pill to swallow!

No need to worry, he may already be sold out. He had to squeeze me in.

#106 1 year ago

It will be worth the wait for the webb glass. He has confirmed to me also it will be done.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from flipit:

It will be worth the wait for the webb glass. He has confirmed to me also it will be done.

I’m all in if he does Surfer.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I’m all in if he does Surfer.

I would also be in for Surfer BG.

#109 1 year ago

So funny to me that pinball restoration folks use Nazdar inks. When I worked at a flexographic printing company, that's the brand of inks we used, too. Never would think they'd make stuff thick enough for use in other industries that do more screen printing type stuff. Just cool.

1 month later
#110 1 year ago

I'll second the comment on the Ron Webb Jack's Open backglass. I got one and it's glorious. If he runs a Surf Champ, and a Wade K playfield was paired with a BG from Ron, you'll turn a player machine into the pride of the herd.
Looking forward to seeing my Surf Champ playfield arrive. Nice thing, they are worth the wait!
Jim

3 weeks later
#111 1 year ago

Sent wade an email about 2 weeks ago to get a status. No response. I know from his last update to me. He has a lot going on, so I don’t wanna press it but if anyone in his proximity can spy where we are at, I’m sure the group here would appreciate an update.

#112 1 year ago

From Wade:
"coming soon, finally. I thought these would have been finished long ago.
Thanks for hanging in there with me".
SuffChamp-01 (resized).jpgSuffChamp-01 (resized).jpg

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

From Wade:

Be still my beating heart! It's been a long wait, but it's gonna be well worth it!

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Be still my beating heart! It's been a long wait, but it's gonna be well worth it!

it always is

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

From Wade:
[quoted image]

Mine’s in there somewhere! Wasn’t expecting it until the fall.

2 months later
#116 11 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

From Wade:
[quoted image]

2 months later. Figured these would have been done by now.

#117 11 months ago

From Wade:
"Getting closer, next step is the clear top coating and then the final router cuts."
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#119 11 months ago

Sweet. Now I really need to find a game to put mine in. If anyone knows of a project Surfer or surf champ please lmk.

#120 11 months ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Sweet. Now I really need to find a game to put mine in. If anyone knows of a project Surfer or surf champ please lmk.

Get the Wade Krause playfield and then look for the machine. It’s always worked for me.

#122 11 months ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

From Wade:
"Getting closer, next step is the clear top coating and then the final router cuts."
[quoted image]

With all the excruciating number of steps, material issues, process problems, and downright inferior products to have to deal with, Wades playfields look better than ever. I hope Wade stays in the game, but its getting to be an increasingly costly and brutal endeavor to keep the pipeline going. Cheers Wade, to all you have accomplished in keeping these EM games looking better than ever.

1 month later
#123 9 months ago

These have to be getting close and I finally have a bead on a surf champ to put my playfield in. It’s only 1500 miles away!

#124 9 months ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

These have to be getting close and I finally have a bead on a surf champ to put my playfield in. It’s only 1500 miles away!

Last I heard Wade has had some difficulties with suppliers and locating quality products, which has also dented his enthusiasm with a number of set backs related to poor quality paints. Hopefully solutions can be found and Wade is soon back to what he does best.

#125 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Last I heard Wade has had some difficulties with suppliers and locating quality products, which has also dented his enthusiasm with a number of set backs related to poor quality paints. Hopefully solutions can be found and Wade is soon back to what he does best.

Not to mention the degradation to availability of playfield quality ply.

#126 9 months ago

Last contact I had with Wade was July 1st. He informed me the playfield was approved and he just needed to do the final cuts.

#127 9 months ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Last contact I had with Wade was July 1st. He informed me the playfield was approved and he just needed to do the final cuts.

That is good news.

#128 9 months ago

Wade and I hung out last week. He was in the process of clear coating boards. However the extreme heat at the time had him slow down a little because of the way it was effecting the clear. Weather has been much nicer as of late, so im sure he's full steam ahead! Hope they ship out soon for everyone.

2 weeks later
#129 9 months ago

Anxiously awaiting my new playfield. Finally found a game to put it in today. Had to drive to Oklahoma City to get it but it has a perfect backglass. Seriously ugly cabinet and a decent playfield that will probably be restored for reuse in another game

IMG_5576 (resized).jpegIMG_5576 (resized).jpegIMG_5578 (resized).jpegIMG_5578 (resized).jpegIMG_5575 (resized).jpegIMG_5575 (resized).jpegIMG_5577 (resized).jpegIMG_5577 (resized).jpegIMG_5580 (resized).jpegIMG_5580 (resized).jpegIMG_5579 (resized).jpegIMG_5579 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#130 8 months ago

Should be getting my playfields shipped out today!

#131 8 months ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Should be getting my playfields shipped out today!

Do you mean Wade is shipping Surf Champ playfields today???

#132 8 months ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Do you mean Wade is shipping Surf Champ playfields today???

I’m getting Surf Champ and El Dorado from Wade. He e-mailed me that it ships today.

#133 8 months ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

He e-mailed me that it ships today.

That is FANTASTIC news!

#134 8 months ago

Umm how do I get one!

#135 8 months ago
Quoted from Ronmeade:

Umm how do I get one!

you might email him, just a thought...

https://pinballplayfields.wordpress.com/contact/

#136 8 months ago

Stephanie has made more maple rails that match Wades playfields. This is a beautiful touch for your new installed playfield.

The rails are either lacquer coated or bare if you want to coat yourself. Very nice wood original curly maple. 70.00 a set bare and $75 lacquered not including postage.

USPS Postage has increased especially for the tube packages since pre Covid. So to keep the price down to $20 per set it’s now their 4 day delivery.

Pm me if interested.
IMG_0534 (resized).jpegIMG_0534 (resized).jpegIMG_0574 (resized).jpegIMG_0574 (resized).jpegIMG_0583 (resized).jpegIMG_0583 (resized).jpegIMG_0585 (resized).jpegIMG_0585 (resized).jpegIMG_3156 (resized).jpegIMG_3156 (resized).jpeg

#137 8 months ago

Something came up and it ain’t gonna happen. Guess it’s back to waiting.

#138 8 months ago

It’s gotta be close. What’s next on Wade’s list if any?

#139 8 months ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I’m getting Surf Champ and El Dorado from Wade. He e-mailed me that it ships today.

I have an El dorado first quality from Wade’s last run looking for a game to put it in or someone in more dire need than I.

1 week later
#140 8 months ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

It’s gotta be close. What’s next on Wade’s list if any?

My guess is a well-deserved retirement from an unlucrative very unforgiving hobby.

1 week later
#141 7 months ago

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1515859252011820/permalink/3509649875966071/
I’ll be damned if I wasn’t looking for one of these machines forever now I can’t see anything but surfers and Surf Champ everywhere excellent deal if anyone is looking

#142 7 months ago

Quick Draw and Surfer look great together. Fewer score reels.

#143 7 months ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1515859252011820/permalink/3509649875966071/
I’ll be damned if I wasn’t looking for one of these machines forever now I can’t see anything but surfers and Surf Champ everywhere excellent deal if anyone is looking

That's not why Surfers are popping up everywhere. It's because I've always wanted one and right now I've got like zero dollars to spend on something like that. They're taunting me....

3 weeks later
#144 6 months ago

Has anyone heard anything recently? I've emailed Wade but haven't heard back...

#145 6 months ago

I heard back from Wade overnight. He's had a few challenges of late and acknowledged he owes folks an update.

1 week later
#146 6 months ago

I also heard from Wade that he has been held up with other stuff and will be updating soon.

#147 6 months ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

I heard back from Wade overnight. He's had a few challenges of late and acknowledged he owes folks an update.

How are you getting yours shipped? I haven’t organised my shipping yet.

1 month later
#148 4 months ago

Did the playfields ever ship out?

#149 4 months ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Did the playfields ever ship out?

Wade has shipped a small number. He's still reworking a bunch, Im still waiting myself

3 weeks later
#150 4 months ago

I know Wade isn't the best in customer service, but I think at this point he owes folks who have been waiting for months with nary a peep an email summarizing the issues with the latest run. That's not a lot to ask, as he obviously has the list of email addresses for those waiting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wade-krause-repro-gottlieb-surf-champ-playfield/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.