20191219_124214 (resized).jpg
20191219_124229 (resized).jpg
20191219_124233 (resized).jpg
20191219_124239 (resized).jpg
P1060838 (resized).JPG
P1060787 (resized).JPG
20190917_100014 (resized).jpg
20190911_200409 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gott72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 3 years ago

I want a CD and I would take the playfield. BGResto does the backglass already, pin rescue has the plastics, etc.

There are always a couple of these tables for sale IN FRANCE on that "coin" sight (French Ebay). What we need in this community is someone with enough French presence to buy them up and ship them back to the states without asking an arm and a leg. An arm is fine. We could easily migrate a couple dozen of these across the ocean in a year.... if people don't chick out.

Quoted from doghouse:

I decided my Target Alpha PF is definitely not getting better as it ages and gets more plays..... So I'm in for a PF and BG if this gets made. Wade rules! What about CD plastics?

Are you thinking of converting??

While most of it would probably be a seamless convert with new PF, BG, and plastics, I am not certain the wedge head will have lights in the right places. Someone would have to check it, but the lights on TA don't seem to mesh with where lights are placed on CD.

CD would need work, cutting out wood in the wedge head, reorienting lights, etc.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I was also concerned that the lights in the lightbox would not necessarily line up properly, but boilerman has assured me that they do indeed line up.

I just overlaid the two phots.... no they don’t. Even the player numbers over scores don’t line perfectly. It isn’t far off, though. I think it would take some drilling and carving and minor shifts.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

That's a boatload of work, money and wait time for a TA clone... are they really that rare that for the price of retheming, you could get buy one overseas and have it shipped over for potentially less money?

Getting someone from France to get it over here might be the tricky-expensive part. You need to buy it blind, find someone to crate and ship, and hope it works out. If you can do the work yourself, a converted TA might be far cheaper.

If adventurous, you could go to France, buy it, drive it to the QM2 in LaHavre or Hamburg, and put it in your cabin for a trip to NYC. They’ll let you keep as much as you want in rooms, but over 50 lbs you need to porter yourself.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Well, boilerman did a conversion ("TA" - "CD"), and he said the insert from "TA" lines up fine with the "CD" backglass. You're not talking about "El Dorado" are you?

No, I was interested in doing this as well, and did a study with photos.

Don't get me wrong--you can play the game without touching the back box. Score reels, credits, line up. Even the ball lights line up.

The lights behind artwork don't line up in my study. They will illuminate something else on the glass, and since there is so much detail it might be perfectly fine. The TA lights on character art seem off from overlaying photos.

The only function I couldn't check was the TILT light/s. I suspect they are in the same place, but I didn't have a TILT active on a Canada Dry photo.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Well, boilerman did a conversion ("TA" - "CD"), and he said the insert from "TA" lines up fine with the "CD" backglass. You're not talking about "El Dorado" are you?

I finally got a good look at the tilts, by examining the back of the glass.

TILT doesn't line up on the backglass either. Canada Dry is above the ONE, TA is an inch or two more left.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'd like boilerman to weigh in on this. I was concerned about the lightbox insert as well, but he did a conversion, and told me it was not a problem.

I’m curious about this as well. It seems only the character art is in question. If enough wood was cut out on TA, if might still work well or be easily rigged.

Using a handheld router might get a person where they need to be for a proper replica made from TA. It would be a little work in the lower left corner.

#133 3 years ago

I will opt in for ONE playfield and ONE backglass

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gott72.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wade-k-canada-dry-pf-?tu=Gott72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.