20191219_124214 (resized).jpg
20191219_124229 (resized).jpg
20191219_124233 (resized).jpg
20191219_124239 (resized).jpg
P1060838 (resized).JPG
P1060787 (resized).JPG
20190917_100014 (resized).jpg
20190911_200409 (resized).jpg
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Sorry, but why is TA more boring than El Dorado? I personally can't stand El Dorado. I'll nail all the drops in 1-2 balls every time. Love the artwork, but it CD is just as cool.
Target Alpha and Solar City artwork wise? Well..... Eh.....

Agreed.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Sorry, but why is TA more boring than El Dorado? I personally can't stand El Dorado. I'll nail all the drops in 1-2 balls every time. Love the artwork, but it CD is just as cool.
Target Alpha and Solar City artwork wise? Well..... Eh.....

Being an add-a-ball guy, I'm not crazy about "El Dorado" either. I like "Gold Strike". Both have great art though.
Don't like the constant "ding, ding, ding" that "TA" and "SC" make as you knock down the drop targets, then that stilted bonus countdown after each ball. The two wedgeheads are better in that regard.

#103 3 years ago

I want a CD and I would take the playfield. BGResto does the backglass already, pin rescue has the plastics, etc.

There are always a couple of these tables for sale IN FRANCE on that "coin" sight (French Ebay). What we need in this community is someone with enough French presence to buy them up and ship them back to the states without asking an arm and a leg. An arm is fine. We could easily migrate a couple dozen of these across the ocean in a year.... if people don't chick out.

Quoted from doghouse:

I decided my Target Alpha PF is definitely not getting better as it ages and gets more plays..... So I'm in for a PF and BG if this gets made. Wade rules! What about CD plastics?

Are you thinking of converting??

While most of it would probably be a seamless convert with new PF, BG, and plastics, I am not certain the wedge head will have lights in the right places. Someone would have to check it, but the lights on TA don't seem to mesh with where lights are placed on CD.

CD would need work, cutting out wood in the wedge head, reorienting lights, etc.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Gott72:

Are you thinking of converting??
While most of it would probably be a seamless convert with new PF, BG, and plastics, I am not certain the wedge head will have lights in the right places. Someone would have to check it, but the lights on TA don't seem to mesh with where lights are placed on CD.
CD would need work, cutting out wood in the wedge head, reorienting lights, etc.

Gonna just remind you before someone else does, Target Alpha is a 4 player square head...

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Gonna just remind you before someone else does, Target Alpha is a 4 player square head...

I was also concerned that the lights in the lightbox would not necessarily line up properly, but boilerman has assured me that they do indeed line up.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

In a perfect world someone would make a wedgehead sized 1 player Canada Dry backglass and you could convert an El Dorado over.

I agree! And I would gladly rework the graphics. Pretty sure I contacted Wade about it too.

3 years ago:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canada-dry-repro-playfield-its-time-has-come/page/2#post-4127052

#107 3 years ago

Put me down for a playfield plus the backglass. I love this artwork package!

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

I agree! And I would gladly rework the graphics. Pretty sure I contacted Wade about it too.
3 years ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canada-dry-repro-playfield-its-time-has-come/page/2#post-4127052

Well there's some differences in inserts between El Dorado and Canada Dry so it's more than just needing a special backglass, but what the hell, it's just a pipe dream for me anyway. I would just really love the CD art package with ED's rule set.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I was also concerned that the lights in the lightbox would not necessarily line up properly, but boilerman has assured me that they do indeed line up.

I just overlaid the two phots.... no they don’t. Even the player numbers over scores don’t line perfectly. It isn’t far off, though. I think it would take some drilling and carving and minor shifts.

#110 3 years ago

That's a boatload of work, money and wait time for a TA clone... are they really that rare that for the price of retheming, you could get buy one overseas and have it shipped over for potentially less money?

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

That's a boatload of work, money and wait time for a TA clone... are they really that rare that for the price of retheming, you could get buy one overseas and have it shipped over for potentially less money?

Getting someone from France to get it over here might be the tricky-expensive part. You need to buy it blind, find someone to crate and ship, and hope it works out. If you can do the work yourself, a converted TA might be far cheaper.

If adventurous, you could go to France, buy it, drive it to the QM2 in LaHavre or Hamburg, and put it in your cabin for a trip to NYC. They’ll let you keep as much as you want in rooms, but over 50 lbs you need to porter yourself.

#112 3 years ago

All is possible, one of mine is ready to cross the atlantic ocean, in a sea container !

IMG_3547 (resized).JPGIMG_3547 (resized).JPG

#113 3 years ago

I'm still down for one and would take a backglass too. If it made a difference it getting it done, I would take two of each.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Gott72:

I just overlaid the two phots.... no they don’t. Even the player numbers over scores don’t line perfectly. It isn’t far off, though. I think it would take some drilling and carving and minor shifts.

Well, boilerman did a conversion ("TA" - "CD"), and he said the insert from "TA" lines up fine with the "CD" backglass. You're not talking about "El Dorado" are you?

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Don, for the reasons I gave above, I'm committed to doing a conversion. The genesis of the idea for me was that I had a rather beat up "Target Alpha" laying around. It had a nice backglass though.
Then, I came across an NOS "Canada Dry" backglass and bought it because I liked the artwork.
Mayfair had a paper packet, and an NOS plastics set which I bought.
Then I got the card tray decal from Pinball Rescue. I believe the color and design of it are unique to that game, so finding an original card tray wouldn't likely be feasible.
PBR had drop targets, a manual, and schematic. I now have everything from the game except a playfield and I'd need the cabinet painted.
What really iced it for me was I tragically broke the "TA" backglass when the corner of it nicked my workbench vise. KABOOM!
So there's no turning back for me now.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Well, boilerman did a conversion ("TA" - "CD"), and he said the insert from "TA" lines up fine with the "CD" backglass. You're not talking about "El Dorado" are you?

No, I was interested in doing this as well, and did a study with photos.

Don't get me wrong--you can play the game without touching the back box. Score reels, credits, line up. Even the ball lights line up.

The lights behind artwork don't line up in my study. They will illuminate something else on the glass, and since there is so much detail it might be perfectly fine. The TA lights on character art seem off from overlaying photos.

The only function I couldn't check was the TILT light/s. I suspect they are in the same place, but I didn't have a TILT active on a Canada Dry photo.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I came across an NOS "Canada Dry" backglass and bought it because I liked the artwork.

Me too.

20210207_113611 (resized).jpg20210207_113611 (resized).jpg
#118 3 years ago

picked up a canada dry manual and score cards, let's make this happen.

#119 3 years ago

So how many people are confirmed?

#120 3 years ago

looks like about 26 or so just from counting the requests in the posts.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I finally got a good look at the tilts, by examining the back of the glass.

TILT doesn't line up on the backglass either. Canada Dry is above the ONE, TA is an inch or two more left.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Gott72:

I finally got a good look at the tilts, by examining the back of the glass.
TILT doesn't line up on the backglass either. Canada Dry is above the ONE, TA is an inch or two more left.

I'd like boilerman to weigh in on this. I was concerned about the lightbox insert as well, but he did a conversion, and told me it was not a problem.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'd like boilerman to weigh in on this. I was concerned about the lightbox insert as well, but he did a conversion, and told me it was not a problem.

I’m curious about this as well. It seems only the character art is in question. If enough wood was cut out on TA, if might still work well or be easily rigged.

Using a handheld router might get a person where they need to be for a proper replica made from TA. It would be a little work in the lower left corner.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Gott72:

I’m curious about this as well. It seems only the character art is in question. If enough wood was cut out on TA, if might still work well or be easily rigged.
Using a handheld router might get a person where they need to be for a proper replica made from TA. It would be a little work in the lower left corner.

This really seems like a minor issue that can be easily modified, as you mentioned.

There's no problem unless you're a purist. But then a purist probably wouldn't be doing a TA conversion.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

How many are needed to produce it?

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

Sorry, but strike me off the list. I said I was in earlier, but at this point I am out. I'm done with playfield swaps and still have a few backed up to finish.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

How many are needed to produce it?

i think it's 20 but not sure.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

i think it's 20 but not sure.

Wade's pf run is 25 units. If you really want this to happen somebody needs to step up, take the risk for 25 and then work a deal with Wade. The individual then can collect deposits from interested parties etc. I might be willing to take this on after my Wizard deal. (i have no interest in a CD but a buddy has a TA he wants done, I'd need to do the conversion). And Wade's dance card is filled for this year, you are looking at early 2020 etc.

Ken

#129 3 years ago

i can't take it on but i'd be happy to pay a "service fee" for whoever does or maybe everyone chips in a little extra. what do you mean by taking the risk? i thought once the number was attained then the go ahead was given. in terms of deposits, i've suggested that several times in the past to help mitigate people backing out but and to help get an accurate number but it never happens.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

i can't take it on but i'd be happy to pay a "service fee" for whoever does or maybe everyone chips in a little extra. what do you mean by taking the risk? i thought once the number was attained then the go ahead was given. in terms of deposits, i've suggested that several times in the past to help mitigate people backing out but and to help get an accurate number but it never happens.

You can get a better scheduling slot if somebody deals directly with Wade and commits to buy the lot. Wade has been burnt in the past, producing a tittle only to see sales flounder.

#131 3 years ago

i see. that's a big risk for one person or even several and i wasn't aware of how it was done but i figured it had to be something more than just peoples' word that they would end up buying one. again, i think taking non-refundable deposits is the answer but that would eliminate a lot of the fence-sitters who might ultimately purchase.

#132 3 years ago

Unfortunately I am going to bow out of this folks. So you can remove my name from the list. Good luck to ya'll!

#133 3 years ago

I will opt in for ONE playfield and ONE backglass

#134 3 years ago

I will as well

#135 3 years ago

I would be interested in a backglass and playfield if it happens soon

#136 3 years ago

Anybody know a ballpark figure to front to Wade?

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Anybody know a ballpark figure to front to Wade?

So pf 700 (may go up), bg 300, $1000 for the pair. Wades run is 25 units. Making $25000 for the lot at retail pricing. 10%?

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

So pf 700 (may go up), bg 300, $1000 for the pair. Wades run is 25 units. Making $25000 for the lot at retail pricing. 10%?

Originally this thread was about remaking only the playfield. I'm not interested in a backglass.

However, 'm still interested in a playfield at $740 (or less) shipped, which is the price mentioned in post #21.

If the price is gonna go up and nobody knows what it'll cost, it's likely more people will drop out besides me.

#140 3 years ago

Man I wish you hadn't posted this. Here goes nothing.

#141 3 years ago

Hi,

Put my name on the list about playfield.

Thanks

Martin

#142 3 years ago

We’ve gotta have 25 people by now. Let’s make this happen! Anybody in touch with Wade? I can reach out over Facebook if not

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

We’ve gotta have 25 people by now. Let’s make this happen! Anybody in touch with Wade? I can reach out over Facebook if not

See post #128

Quoted from pinhead52:

Wade's pf run is 25 units. If you really want this to happen somebody needs to step up, take the risk for 25 and then work a deal with Wade. The individual then can collect deposits from interested parties etc. I might be willing to take this on after my Wizard deal. (i have no interest in a CD but a buddy has a TA he wants done, I'd need to do the conversion). And Wade's dance card is filled for this year, you are looking at early 2020 etc.
Ken

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

ebay.com link: D Gottlieb Co Vintage Canada Dry Pinball Machine As Is
Here ya go!

Watching this one. Hard to find game here in the states, glad I got mine when I did.

John

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

ebay.com link: D Gottlieb Co Vintage Canada Dry Pinball Machine As Is
Here ya go!

Auction recently ended.
$3,876.99
45 bids!!!

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Auction recently ended.
$3,876.99
45 bids!!!

Plus tax...

#147 3 years ago

I'm not sure if Florida charges 4% or 6% on a used pinball machine but here's the math either way.
4%= $155.08
6%= $232.62

Totaling;
$4032.07
$4109.61

Which is about what I figured for a nonworking and non restored game. I had valued mine at $4500.

John

#148 3 years ago

Florida State sales tax on amusement machines is 4%.

#149 3 years ago

There’s gotta be a way to get this thing off the ground without someone having to front $25k.

1 week later
#150 3 years ago

I just passed on a used and beat-up CD PF. If someone is really desperate and has touch-up skills, PM me and I'll put you in touch. He wants like $750 + shipping of $120. It was too pricey for me, but hopefully, at the least, this bump gets us moving towards repro PFs from Mr. Wade!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wade-k-canada-dry-pf-/page/3?hl=murphdom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.