20191219_124214 (resized).jpg
20191219_124229 (resized).jpg
20191219_124233 (resized).jpg
20191219_124239 (resized).jpg
P1060838 (resized).JPG
P1060787 (resized).JPG
20190917_100014 (resized).jpg
20190911_200409 (resized).jpg
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

I’ve always thought that of the multi-player versions of this PF layout, Canada Dry has the best artwork. But it’s still going to play like Target Alpha, which IMHO, boring compared to Eldorado, which I don’t think is that great anyway. I’m sure I’m in the minority with that opinion. I’d still own a Canada Dry if I could though. It would be good in a large collection.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

Ya the problem with multi player games is every ball is the first ball.

Ted

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from novaguy:

Ted

IMO : With multi player games, every ball is a NEW challenge

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from novaguy:

Ted

Not all of them. College Queens/Airport the shots progress depending on what ball you are on. Lots of the 60s games have progressive rules and even extra balls that stay lit from ball to ball, player to player and even game to game. Dodge City, Paradise and Shipmates for example.

#54 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/canada-dry-repro-playfield-its-time-has-come
Let's get this rolling. boilerman where are you??? I'd pay you for a high resolution scan.
John Greatwich told me once that if he had the artfile, he could print directly onto a sanded
smooth "Target Alpha" playfield. I would much prefer that, because the end product would be
cheaper, and would look more authentic because of the original nature of the wood and the underside
of the original playfield. I'm going to try to talk to John again, and see if he could and would be willing to
do this.

2 weeks later
#55 4 years ago

Bump...

#56 4 years ago

Where is boilerman?

#57 4 years ago

i am still alive....

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

IMO : With multi player games, every ball is a NEW challenge

I totally agree. Although most seem to prefer single-player EMs, I find multi-players more exciting. I’ve sold all the single-players I had (other than a woodrail) because my wife and I like to compete, but I also prefer to get a new start every ball rather than trying to build up through a single-player ruleset. I’m probably in the minority on this, but I find Target Alpha more exciting than El Dorado. Each ball is a new chance to knock down all the drop targets.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

but I find Target Alpha more exciting than El Dorado. Each ball is a new chance to knock down all the drop targets.

To each his own, but I think you're in the minority there. I want to make a "Canada Dry" out of a "Target Alpha", but obviously the gameplay will be just as boring.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i am still alive....

Good to hear. Everything ok?

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Good to hear. Everything ok?

eveything is good.. just working 80+ hrs a week

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

eveything is good.. just working 80+ hrs a week

Ok. Busy is good!

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

To each his own, but I think you're in the minority there. I want to make a "Canada Dry" out of a "Target Alpha", but obviously the gameplay will be just as boring.

Sorry. I re-stated what you already said.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Sorry. I re-stated what you already said.

No problem. But if you want to spice up your Target Alpha, just put it on high tap, put in some flashing color LEDs, yellow dot flipper coils, super bands, banana flippers, and a disco ball topper. (How many buttons did I just push?)

#65 4 years ago

Yeah, you pushed them all!

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

obviously the gameplay will be just as boring.

True, but, it is possible to improve the gameplay with a resetting drop targets.

Here is the modification (in French) :

https://www.flipjuke.fr/viewtopic.php?t=43178&f=34

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

No problem. But if you want to spice up your Target Alpha, just put it on high tap, put in some flashing color LEDs, yellow dot flipper coils, super bands, banana flippers, and a disco ball topper.

You forgot to add a white ceramic ball and to jack up the back legs an additional 3 inches.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

You forgot to add a white ceramic ball and to jack up the back legs an additional 3 inches.

Now you're talkin'!

#69 4 years ago

Power ball really jazzed up my C37

1 month later
#70 4 years ago

I’m in for a playfield and backglass

#71 4 years ago

It's a moot point. I don't think it's going to happen.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

It's a moot point. I don't think it's going to happen.

Disagree, “Strange World” seemed unlikely but it’s now in his queue.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

And where is C37?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

And where is C37?

Don’t push, he always delivers perfection!

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

The big difference is that he doesn't have an original to work from.... as far as I know anyway.

4 months later
#76 3 years ago

So I assume this is dead in the water at this point?

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

So I assume this is dead in the water at this point?

just not enough interest

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

just not enough interest

That's unfortunate.

4 months later
#79 3 years ago

I know this is a little bit of a dead thread, but put my name on the list for the hell of it. I would absolutely throw down cash to make this a reality.

#80 3 years ago

One is being offered up over seas for a $1000 I think it was. I know it's used but looked decent.

John

#81 3 years ago

Still hoping this will happen. I passed on the original one in France due to that Italian disease known as "fundz arlo". Otherwise, I'd have grabbed it.

1 month later
#82 3 years ago

i'm down for the playfield and backglass. seems like the original list of interested people plus everyone else who chimed in is enough people to get this going.

#83 3 years ago

Yeah, I've been saving my pennies. I'm down for a PF and a Glass.

#84 3 years ago

I decided my Target Alpha PF is definitely not getting better as it ages and gets more plays..... So I'm in for a PF and BG if this gets made. Wade rules! What about CD plastics?

#85 3 years ago

I would take one as well .....dont own the game but its nice looking and its one of my favorite drinks.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

I decided my Target Alpha PF is definitely not getting better as it ages and gets more plays..... So I'm in for a PF and BG if this gets made. Wade rules! What about CD plastics?

pinballrescue has them.

#87 3 years ago

There is an original BG on Facebook for $250.

#88 3 years ago

I have a NOS glass I've been hanging onto for about the last 20 years I think. It's what inspired me to find the entire game.

John

IMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG
#89 3 years ago

OK. So, roll call. How many total? Let's get this one made.
JR (1 playfield)

#90 3 years ago

Radial_Head (1 playfield and 1 glass if they both got produced)

I spoke with Wade a bit ago about this and he says it likely won't happen due to the lack of demand.

#91 3 years ago

Lack of demand? Looks like there’s plenty of interested people.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

Lack of demand? Looks like there’s plenty of interested people.

From what it seems, the sheer cost of manufacturing these playfields seems super prohibitive, but I haven't asked him about just how many people it would take to make it worth his time.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

I would take one as well .....dont own the game but its nice looking and its one of my favorite drinks.

Same here and a wishlist pin.
My request hasn't changed. PF + BG please

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

From what it seems, the sheer cost of manufacturing these playfields seems super prohibitive, but I haven't asked him about just how many people it would take to make it worth his time.

i think a good idea for these and any other playfields/bg's would be for people to put down a deposit.

#95 3 years ago

When it comes down to it, why spend a bunch of money and labor to change the theme of a pinball machine? Rarity? I’d be more than satisfied with an “El Dorado”.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

i think a good idea for these and any other playfields/bg's would be for people to put down a deposit.

With the history of pinball and deposits ...... this would not be a good idea (just my opinion).

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

When it comes down to it, why spend a bunch of money and labor to change the theme of a pinball machine? Rarity? I’d be more than satisfied with an “El Dorado”.

Because I love Ginger Ale you dingdong.

Also, because CD is the best EM art package. Hands down. No questions asked.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I ask myself the same question. When all is said and done, it's still going to play like "Target Alpha" (boring, imho). But, it's a rare bird here in the US, and the theme and artwork are great. Additionally, many backglasses and other items for the game are available individually, so why not make a nice, new game from a very tired and worn (in my case), "Target Alpha".
I was fortunate to find an NOS plastic set for mine, and now that I have everything but the playfield (and cabinet painted), I'm all in.

#99 3 years ago

In a perfect world someone would make a wedgehead sized 1 player Canada Dry backglass and you could convert an El Dorado over.

#100 3 years ago

Sorry, but why is TA more boring than El Dorado? I personally can't stand El Dorado. I'll nail all the drops in 1-2 balls every time. Love the artwork, but it CD is just as cool.

Target Alpha and Solar City artwork wise? Well..... Eh.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wade-k-canada-dry-pf-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.