20191219_124214 (resized).jpg
20191219_124229 (resized).jpg
20191219_124233 (resized).jpg
20191219_124239 (resized).jpg
P1060838 (resized).JPG
P1060787 (resized).JPG
20190917_100014 (resized).jpg
20190911_200409 (resized).jpg
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 4 years ago

putting together a list to gauge the interest in doing this. i know not many have the game but there are quite a few NOS back glasses floating around. the plastics have been already done by the good folks down under. the are more than enough target alpha around to convert. when talking to wade he seamed very interested in doing this since i found a NOS pf and have a NOS bg if interest is there. even as a wall hanger the pf is a piece of work. IMO one of the best art packages from the 70's em era.

list
1- boilerman
2- tandem2
3- RTS
4- JRPINBALL
5- Tsskinne
6- John_I +bg
7- Blitzburgh99
8- Topcard
9- ecrc99
10-huugb
11-TheHueManatee +bg

#2 4 years ago

for your viewing pleasure..... note that it does have some wood damage under the apron area but the art work is great one flaw by the same player shoots again insert.
i would need to send it to wade if we get enough interest ...

20190911_200409 (resized).jpg20190911_200409 (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Beautiful one on eBay right now-
ebay.com link » 1976 Gottlieb Canada Dry 4 Plyr Pinball Machine Fully Restored Fully Working

that has a HSA pf in it. they did outstanding work! it just isn't NOS
just goes to show that it is a beautiful looking game

#5 4 years ago

Thanks for sharing that pic Dave. I love the way they Faithfully replicate it. The soda bottles. Right down to the French translation of the flavors! $7,500 for a decent one gives me pause to think about this as a project. Has PBR reproduced the drop targets? Pop bumper caps?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Thanks for sharing that pic Dave. I love the way they Faithfully replicate it. The soda bottles. Right down to the French translation of the flavors! $7,500 for a decent one gives me pause to think about this as a project. Has PBR reproduced the drop targets? Pop bumper caps?

PBR has the drops, cap are just common red/white circle

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

$7500 is the asking price. What/If it actually sells at is the real question.

#8 4 years ago

damn french !

Quoted from stashyboy:

#9 4 years ago

I’ll go for a playfield if Wade makes them. I don’t really need one, but the art is just too good to not get in on this. Great game, to play and to admire.

Jody

#10 4 years ago

Put me down for one. It should go without saying.

#11 4 years ago

Love the artwork

#13 4 years ago

Add me to the list, if nothing else happy to support Wade, he is a huge asset to the hobby and I can't wait for my Strange World playfield from him.

#14 4 years ago

How much are these going to be selling for? I have a Solar City and might consider a conversion

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

How much are these going to be selling for? I have a Solar City and might consider a conversion

In guessing you'd have to get a four player head?

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

In guessing you'd have to get a four player head?

even that would not work. the bottom board is slightly different. target alpha will be the only option.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

even that would not work. the bottom board is slightly different. target alpha will be the only option.

Oh, gotcha

#18 4 years ago

Add me to the list as well.

#19 4 years ago

Any idea how much it'll cost?

#20 4 years ago

Add me to the list

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Any idea how much it'll cost?

They're usually around $740 shipped if memory serves me right.

#22 4 years ago

Put me down for one.

#23 4 years ago

This would be very cool. I have a great Target Alpha sitting around and would love to do this.

Saw everything else for the conversation except for playfield and backglass.

Who the heck has a backglass? If I could find one then I would be in as well.

#24 4 years ago

“eric-antoine” on pinball owners has a populated playfield but it’s located in France if you really wanted to go all out and original. It’s listed as “maybe” for sale.

#25 4 years ago

Please add me to the list too.

#26 4 years ago

only 11 to go.... list is kept in the first post of this thread

#27 4 years ago

It would be great if we could submit our sanded smooth "Target Alpha" playfields for screening. They would probably come out looking more authentic, and would probably save money as well.
I understand the way Wade does it, this wouldn't work because he screens first, then does the CNC milling. I wonder if anyone else has the capability to do this if given a high quality scan of the existing original. Wade seems to have a lot of irons in the fire already.

#28 4 years ago

talked to wade again and stated that a lot of interest if they could find a backglass.
wade is willing to do the backglass and playfield with a combo price 1100
that is 700 PF 300 bg 100 to ship both
lets see if this changes things

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

talked to wade again and stated that a lot of interest if they could find a backglass.
wade is willing to do the backglass and playfield with a combo price 1100
that is 700 PF 300 bg 100 to ship both
lets see if this changes things

Awesome

#30 4 years ago

Thanks to Boilerman for making this happen!

Was trying to move my TA, but if it doesn't sell by the end of the year, will consider this fantastic offer!

#31 4 years ago

Price pending I may be interested.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Thanks to Boilerman for making this happen!
Was trying to move my TA, but if it doesn't sell by the end of the year, will consider this fantastic offer!

it isn't happening yet... still need to get the require amount of people.

#33 4 years ago

Very tempting...Are the playfield plastics available?

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Very tempting...Are the playfield plastics available?

Pinball Rescue has plastics and apron decal.

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Canada_Dry.html

#35 4 years ago

Oh, yeah!

20190917_100014 (resized).jpg20190917_100014 (resized).jpg
#36 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Oh, yeah![quoted image]

I talked Donal Murphy into making the drop targets years ago when I finally got my game. He said there was no demand for them and I said "I'd buy two sets if that helps?" I guess it did because after that he did reproduce them. I do remember at that time there was a couple of the hot stamped letters he didn't have so I had to use a few of my old targets. Lots of Novus and some red paint and you couldn't tell the difference.

John

#37 4 years ago

Please add me to the list

#38 4 years ago

I'd be in for a backglass too

#39 4 years ago

After much deliberation....I am in for a playfield and backglass.

4 weeks later
#40 4 years ago

C'mon. Let's get these made!

3 weeks later
#41 4 years ago

"Drink Canada Dry" bump...

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

that has a HSA pf in it. they did outstanding work! it just isn't NOS
just goes to show that it is a beautiful looking game

It actually is NOS. HSA just simply did the clear coat.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

i know the person who had it done then sold it to the current seller.. it was repainted then cleared

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Not true. That playfield was an used playfield that went to the restoration process.
Here is that actual playfield that was in that game: http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa081716canadadrys2.html

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Not true. That playfield was an used playfield that went to the restoration process.
Here is that actual playfield that was in that game: http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa081716canadadrys2.html

My apologies guys. Thanks for the heads up.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I know the person who had it done then sold it to the current seller.. it was repainted then cleared

Me too !

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Exactly.

This game was mine a few years ago !
P1060787 (resized).JPGP1060787 (resized).JPG
P1060838 (resized).JPGP1060838 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#47 4 years ago

Any status update?

Or is this project dead from lack of interest?

#48 4 years ago

I would love one, but finding the machine is the problem. Great graphics.

#49 4 years ago

Saw the one at PHOF Vegas last week.

Edited for spell checker crap...
20191219_124233 (resized).jpg20191219_124233 (resized).jpg20191219_124214 (resized).jpg20191219_124214 (resized).jpg20191219_124229 (resized).jpg20191219_124229 (resized).jpg20191219_124239 (resized).jpg20191219_124239 (resized).jpg

#50 4 years ago

I’ve always thought that of the multi-player versions of this PF layout, Canada Dry has the best artwork. But it’s still going to play like Target Alpha, which IMHO, boring compared to Eldorado, which I don’t think is that great anyway. I’m sure I’m in the minority with that opinion. I’d still own a Canada Dry if I could though. It would be good in a large collection.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 203 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wade-k-canada-dry-pf-/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.