11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

So I recently got two stern shakers from different vendors and neither worked out of the box.
    Perplexed at how I could screw up such an easy installation (if you haven't done one don't be intimidated it's easy) I asked my friend for help.
    After trouble shooting at a homies house we found both shaker harness are keyed incorrectly from the factory. so if your having any problems with a new stern shaker check the wiring.
    Hope it saves someone some time as I doubt I am the only one with this problem since it happened on two shakers from different vendors at different times.

#2 11 years ago

Thank you for the heads up. You me keyed as in the key inside the connector where the NC is correct. Just making sure I am clear.

#3 11 years ago

The connectors that goes to the board are backwards the wires were reversed you can remove the blocked connector and install it upside down or take out the wires and retread them if you rather.
    After both shakers worked great.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wacky-stern-shaker-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.