(Topic ID: 323791)

W. Big Bang Bar (of course, who doesn’t want one)

By matlynch91

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A044D0B9-8712-4BCE-889B-B38022D75A23 (resized).jpeg
431A8344-F578-44C7-9B8D-3C1B5D617FC5 (resized).jpeg
A660C553-4371-49E6-8F67-3424E2EF3C25 (resized).jpeg
D979DCE7-340E-46A7-A9DD-09484FA855A0 (resized).jpeg
7C86F03D-7964-4FB5-B44F-91A4963E8B6C (resized).jpeg
16657898036816592983891992571064 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

W. Big Bang Bar (of course, who doesn’t want one)

Added: 2022-10-12 21:09:50 UTC • Ended: November 5th, 2022

Price

Wanted

If you have one…you’re super lucky and I’m jealous. I’d love to have one in my collection of someone is ready to move on. I know it won’t come cheap, but if you’re open, I’d love to talk. Thanks for looking. Cheers.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are matlynch91's market stats.

silver Seller Level

matlynch91 has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to matlynch91's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Oakland, CA, US

#2 1 year ago

Don’t feel too sad.. your collection makes me jealous

#3 1 year ago

I mean, have you actually played one? Quite frankly, it's not a great game in my opinion. So, to answer you, no, I don't really want one. I'd rather have a Cyclopes to actually play. Curious why you want one so badly?

#4 1 year ago

I like it, honestly more so because of its rarity and it is a work of art for sure. Mine has full LEDs and the LED OCD boards, powdercoating and custom topper. The history behind it make it pretty cool too. I drove from TN to LA to pick it up in person several years ago. Family thought I was nuts, lol.

#5 1 year ago

Rarity, cool art, and cool sounds, check. Gameplay, eh so-so. Nope, I will still pass. You don't play the art.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I mean, have you actually played one? Quite frankly, it's not a great game in my opinion. So, to answer you, no, I don't really want one. I'd rather have a Cyclopes to actually play. Curious why you want one so badly?

I have been fortunate enough to play one. I think it’s an okay game if you’re only judging based on pure playability, but as Jake35 points out there’s more than just that…The art package is amazing (and while I don’t play the art package, I do have to look at it all the time in my house so it does matter - at least to me) and I also like the rarity of the game and history behind the game itself I think makes it unique and special. All of it together adds up to a pin I want in my collection. Cheers.

#7 1 year ago

Thank you for explaining. I do understand how art and other features are very important to some. I suppose I am constantly surprised people would rather own games like this over games that cost a lot less and play a lot better. TAF, Funhouse, WCS, BSD, HS2, I500, Jackbot, AFM, TS, TWD, Taxi, ect... Pinball takes up a lot of space and if you play it all the time, it takes a lot to keep games working perfectly. So, my sensibilities to those things start to take over all other considerations when I look at buying and owning any game. I was lucky enough to have played one hundreds of times though so, I guess that matters to me a lot. I would rather own something that I feel that I have not completely played out hundreds of times, also while keeping the price around what a good newer Stern costs. I do hope you do find one, it is a fun design.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I suppose I am constantly surprised people would rather own games like this over games that cost a lot less and play a lot better.

Gameplay is subjective. I think BBB is a great playing machine. I understand if someone who only played one at a show and never got the home use private environment with the black light and sound turned up may not think so.

#9 1 year ago

I understand your thought but I've played the game a lot. I've played 3 different examples in fact... all of which were set up exactly as you described. Good game, not one worth owning to me. You know, subjective. My positive or negative feelings for games are not just mine. Just like yourself, I've been playing pinball daily for the better part of 20 years at shows, in leagues, private collections, on location, or just locally hanging out. The MAJORITY of my local and regional pinball friends all share similar sentiments regarding bang for your buck these days... of course, there are always exceptions.

I did not write those things above because I am the only one that feels this way, I wrote them because it surprises me that a large percentage of pinball people in the larger worldwide pinball community would feel so strongly in the opposing direction. If your comment was not directed at me, I apologize in advance.

I do realize things have changed. Back in the day, the most valuable games were typically the best ones. That's certainly no longer the case. I mean, look at the selling prices for BTTF and TFTC. I could not get rid of those games fast enough after owning each for a year or two. These days, people are fighting for them. I honestly have no idea why though. The themes are cool as hell but they play like dogshit. These observations may or may not apply here, just wanted to explain my comments are well thought out. Not just spouting off that a game is a stinker or, is absolutely amazing.

I mean "who deoesn't want one" is right in the ad. Guess I just fell for it.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

These observations may or may not apply here, just wanted to explain my comments are well thought out.

I certainly respect your view points and comments and know all of your posts are always well thought out.

BBB is an unusual game, Capcom had to re-engineer the flippers, drops, and pops due to their litigation with Bally/WMS. For this reason it feels unusual and sounds a bit “off” to people (frequently for reasons they can’t identify well). That said, the Capcom engineering was superior to B/W in many respects…it’s just only seen in a few games so people aren’t use to it. Try hitting that steep BBB ramp with a B/W flipper…it won’t happen, not enough strength in B/W flippers to handle the BBB ramp.

BBB has a great geometry, great dots, great call outs, great music, and nothing short of a superior art package. The only beef people really have with it is the code, code could have used more polish. Also, most of the BBB do not have an LED driver board due to the re-engineering issue making those boards more than slightly difficult to fabricate. They are unobtainium (I happen to have two, as I wanted a backup but I wouldn’t sell my back up LED driver board for $1,000). Since you can’t get the LED driver boards, the flicker of the light show is usually awful…mine is wonderful though, better than Stern SAM for sure.

No one is going to remake BBB…just look at all the drama Stern is dealing with due to adult matters in Bond movies for scenes that won’t even be in the game…CGC isn’t going to want to deal with that sort of issue. Further, Capcom isn’t interested in licensing it out for a remake, they don’t want the social criticism and are not proud of their pinball past regardless…they view pinball as a total failure for their company.

AFM may be a better game (due to having better code) than BBB, but do you want to collect one of an unlimited number of AFM machines or one of 190 BBBs…I love discussing my BBB and it’s story with guests, I’ve owned an AFM and it’s not as much fun to talk about with guests. BBB can scratch the collector itch like little else in the hobby.

#11 1 year ago

It’s a novelty, but a fun game. Plus, you’ll always get your $$ back when you sell. If it were 5 or 6 grand, nobody would complain about it.

#12 1 year ago

Love BBB, wish I had one.
Pinball is subjective, right?
Good luck to you finding one. I'd trade 2 of anything I have for one. Love the artwork, gameplay, story, Capcom quality and feel.
So very cool in a nice collection.

16657898036816592983891992571064 (resized).jpg16657898036816592983891992571064 (resized).jpg
#13 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gameplay is subjective. I think BBB is a great playing machine. I understand if someone who only played one at a show and never got the home use private environment with the black light and sound turned up may not think so.

I bought one from PMI and owned it for 7 years, played it a lot the first year then the next six were occasional games and using it as a go-to game in league.

It's a decent but not great playing game. It needs mode-scoring balance work, most of the modes aren't worth shooting their shots. OTOH the bottom tube dancer mode was very exploitable with constant ramp backhands. Wizard mode can be cheesed by plunging balls just off the shooterlane switch and stacking them up.

I agree the art, tunes and voices are great, and the 2-ball multiball is really fun, but like Snyper said, the gameplay doesn't come close to justifying it's price.

#14 1 year ago

Gameplay vs cost is a deep hole..
Happy Halloween, y'all.

#15 1 year ago

Have a good chuckle on comment you don't play the art.

Premium paid for excellent cosmetics a example of spend the money for something that suits your tastes. No effect gameplay.

Game purchases should be driven with get what you like. Humor, art, gameplay, depth rules, light show, defect free cabinet or playfield, spousal acceptance all factors. Some more important for some than others. Buy what floats your boat and behappy.

Good luck with your quest.
Shane

#16 1 year ago

I want one too. I will pay 1 dollar more than this guy....

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

the gameplay doesn't come close to justifying it's price.

In fairness, does the gameplay justify the price of any machine in the $10,000+ market. For 10k you could take a family of four to Disney for a week.

If you are going to have a pin in a prominent location in your house, artwork matters. You wouldn’t want a photo shop job like a CSI over a gorgeous game like a BBB that is black light reactive. You may not play the art but the art package matters for something displayed as prominently as a pin.

#18 1 year ago

I would rather have the BBB neon sign than the actual game. It is beautiful for sure, but not the greatest player.

#19 1 year ago

I’ve always wondered how this game would’ve end up with completed software, callouts, ect. It was definitely heading down right path

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

In fairness, does the gameplay justify the price of any machine in the $10,000+ market. For 10k you could take a family of four to Disney for a week.

I don't judge like that, it's more "would I rather have this 10K game, or these other two 5K games or a different 10K game?" I replaced BBB with several games that each individually I found to be more entertaining. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed BBB, put probably a thousand plays on it the first year, but it's played out and a game I never need to own again.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

If you are going to have a pin in a prominent location in your house, artwork matters. You wouldn’t want a photo shop job like a CSI over a gorgeous game like a BBB that is black light reactive. You may not play the art but the art package matters for something displayed as prominently as a pin.

I don't put pins in "prominent locations" in my house.. I put them in every conceivable space they'll fit. Yeah, artwork matters in that nice games get put on row ends while ugly ones get middle of the row placement.

The difference between a player and a collector.

#22 1 year ago

Ha! . I reached out. Thank you.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Way way too much for a BBB

50k by xmas!

#25 1 year ago

That's for sure lol

#26 1 year ago

Wow. Two available in the same week. Crazy.

#27 1 year ago

Make it 1 OP...!!!...........Joey

#28 1 year ago

I don’t,I had one don’t miss it one bit,i believe the last one I saw was 30.000 ,I only wish I still had it because of its Value.

Go for it but it really is a lot of hype and history!

#29 1 year ago

Question to the people following this thread as you may know. The one on the market now at 33 is in amazing shape - great story behind the pin as well. Sadly, the neon green tube on the left has cracked. I’ve googled to no avail…anyone have any idea of who might be able to remake a piece like that? I can only assume that the small community of owners would be interested (as a backup component given scarcity of parts). Thanks in advance.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Question to the people following this thread as you may know. The one on the market now at 33 is in amazing shape - great story behind the pin as well. Sadly, the neon green tube on the left has cracked. I’ve googled to no avail…anyone have any idea of who might be able to remake a piece like that? I can only assume that the small community of owners would be interested (as a backup component given scarcity of parts). Thanks in advance.

Yes good point very very hard too find or remade when only 191 ever made not sure if they will make them because of the low number

#31 1 year ago

I have a NOS spare. I’d trade it for a Mando topper!

#32 1 year ago

33k is crazy for this game

#33 1 year ago
7C86F03D-7964-4FB5-B44F-91A4963E8B6C (resized).jpeg7C86F03D-7964-4FB5-B44F-91A4963E8B6C (resized).jpeg
#34 1 year ago

If I had the room for any, I'd buy pinball machines based on looks and gameplay in equal measure. Ugly game, amazing gameplay - nope. Amazing art, boring gameplay - nope. These are monstrous toys that occupy a lot of real-estate in your home. Better have looks AND personality.

BBB is a looker no doubt, but has a quirky personality.

#35 1 year ago

Maybe you’re the one to have bought the last one for sale at 33k : if you are congrats. This pinball is amazing.
Everyone can have an opinion (of course) on BBB but there is a reason why it’s so rarely for sale (and rarer and rarer) once at home people love to play it and the art is one of the best ever. At home and at my friend, this one the main attraction. My friend who owned one kept it 8 years and only sold it because money was needed for other reasons.

Capcom brand was really something, too bad it didn’t last long.

#36 1 year ago

Dang the one sold..as figured. At least a price has been set. Still looking.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

33k is crazy for this game

Crazy cheap you mean to say. No artificial scarcity with that title. I wouldn’t sell mine for 33k. (Since there is no true club thread for BBB, I’ll show mine off in here).

431A8344-F578-44C7-9B8D-3C1B5D617FC5 (resized).jpeg431A8344-F578-44C7-9B8D-3C1B5D617FC5 (resized).jpegA044D0B9-8712-4BCE-889B-B38022D75A23 (resized).jpegA044D0B9-8712-4BCE-889B-B38022D75A23 (resized).jpegD979DCE7-340E-46A7-A9DD-09484FA855A0 (resized).jpegD979DCE7-340E-46A7-A9DD-09484FA855A0 (resized).jpegA660C553-4371-49E6-8F67-3424E2EF3C25 (resized).jpegA660C553-4371-49E6-8F67-3424E2EF3C25 (resized).jpeg

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No one is going to remake BBB…just look at all the drama Stern is dealing with due to adult matters in Bond movies for scenes that won’t even be in the game…CGC isn’t going to want to deal with that sort of issue.

This is something I worry about, but man do I hope this isn't true. Really want to own this one day.

#39 1 year ago

Friday expo bump. Hoping someone is going to need to make some room for their Bond SLE…

1 week later
#40 1 year ago

Bump

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/w-big-bang-bar-of-course-who-doesnt-want-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.