View topic image gallery

2014Jun15 047.JPG
2014Jun15 043.JPG
#1 9 years ago

lee at pinball rescue will commit if we can get ten people on board

http://www.pinballrescue.net/

would there be any interest?

#2 9 years ago

I'd be in for at least two sets. If we get close though, let me know.

#3 9 years ago

As of yesterday, I'm in for one set. Unless, as in Dirtflipper's case, a Vulcan will magically appear to go with my Fire Queen.

6 months later
#4 9 years ago

As of 1/26/15 "Fire Queen will be produced in the coming months". Email pinrescue if you want on the list.

2 months later
#5 9 years ago

Did Vulcan ever get added to the production list?

#6 9 years ago

I'm not sure how I didn't see this. I'de be interested in some even though mine are nice

#7 9 years ago

Looks like Vulcan is on their 2015 production page. I just put in a request for Golden Arrow.

#8 9 years ago

Vulcan/Fire Queen is a fabulous game. Most are going to have broken plastics behind the drop targets, so I'm really looking forward to Pinball Rescue's repros. They do fantastic work, and the repros are faithful (original style plastic, silk screened graphics). I'd encourage folks to drop them a line on this title if in need of the plastics.

And, just to whet your appetite a bit...

2014Jun15 043.JPG2014Jun15 043.JPG 2014Jun15 047.JPG2014Jun15 047.JPG
#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Most are going to have broken plastics behind the drop targets

You use anything as a "plastic protector"? Those plastic washers work well?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

You use anything as a "plastic protector"? Those plastic washers work well?

I don't crank the PAL nuts down very hard on them, leaving the plastics loose so they can yield more. But the very front of the plastic for the green drop targets sticks out quite a bit from the post, such that it might need a more custom-shaped protector. Not sure one of the plastic washers would reach.

It would be a good candidate for a 'mini set' like they have for Abra.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I don't crank the PAL nuts down very hard on them

I do the same...my "green drop target" plastic is broken in that spot and I think the plastic for the longer target bank is cracked. Be nice to have a set like pinbits does for the newer machines.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I do the same...my "green drop target" plastic is broken in that spot and I think the plastic for the longer target bank is cracked. Be nice to have a set like pinbits does for the newer machines.

I have used the clear plastic washers to protect, but also they raise the light shield higher which may also protect it from the ball. Regular small washers can also be used on Gottlieb metal posts to raise the light shields.

#13 9 years ago

I got a reply from Pinrescue today. Looks like the Bulcan/ Fire queen plastics will be ready in about a month .

#14 9 years ago

I find it odd that they have certain plastics under production and still have Central Park / Hurdy Gurdy on the list but no definite date of when they will make them.

#15 9 years ago

I just got the one part I needed for my Fire Queen

contact Jeff [email protected]

#16 9 years ago

Pinball Rescue's are silk-screened, just like the originals. Worth the wait (to me).

4 months later
#17 8 years ago

pinball rescue have just made plastics for vulcan/fire queen

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Fire_Queen.html

2 weeks later
#18 8 years ago

Just received my Vulcan/Fire Queen plastics, and they look fantastic!

#19 8 years ago

Anybody selling any individual unbroken extras?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If you're after the ones behind the drop targets... good luck!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

If I decide to go with new repro plastics, I would be willing to sell some. My original set is totally unbroken or cracked, but I'm touching up and clearing the playfield and everything topside is going to be brand new, so I may go with repro plastics. May be a few months though.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

If I decide to go with new repro plastics, I would be willing to sell some. My original set is totally unbroken or cracked, but I'm touching up and clearing the playfield and everything topside is going to be brand new, so I may go with repro plastics. May be a few months though.

I will buy the whole set from you if those drop target plastics are good. Thanks.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

If you're after the ones behind the drop targets... good luck!

See above smart guy!

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

See above smart guy!

May as well buy a repro set at that rate...

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

May as well buy a repro set at that rate...

I'm repro'ing and new backglassing myself to death over here...

1 week later
#26 8 years ago

Another point is that the repo's are more durable than the originals I've been told. So the extra protective washers aren't/shouldn't be necessary.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vulcan-and-fire-queen-plastic-repro-interest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.