Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I have a VUK opto that isn't working right. It always shows the beam as being blocked, even when it isn't. I tested the receiver opto with a flashlight and it seems to be working fine. I would assume that this means the emitter is bad, but I can see that it's on when I look at it. Two questions:

1) Does it matter if you can see a bright red light coming out of the emitter LED? Should it be only visible with a digital camera?
2) If you can see a bright red light, does that mean that the reciever should be picking up the signal?

#3 8 years ago

It's a Sega Batman Forever.

#5 8 years ago

Do you have an idea what I should try next? The "dark" receiver seems to work fine when I shine a light on it, but nada when the red LED from the emitter board shines on it. Seems like it should work...

#7 8 years ago

I'll give it a try. On a side note, what exactly does the VUK opto do, look for jams? It saw that it was unplugged today and it must have been that way since I got the machine. It seems to be functioning okay without it.

#9 8 years ago

Yes, I get that. What I don't understand is why it kicks balls out despite the opto receiver being unplugged.

#11 8 years ago

When it's unplugged it doesn't kick until there is a ball in there. I assume it's because it knows it just released a ball into the VUK, not because the opto is telling it there is a ball in there. When I plug it in, I guess it starts receiving a signal and thinks the switch is open and starts kicking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.00
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vuk-opto-emitter-looks-on-but-doesnt-register?tu=n1teowl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.