Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RA77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sht (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

So I guess we might see some serious innovation in pinball next year perhaps ?

I have been hanging for true holograms tech can now deliver

VR is going next level and off the Hook now !

Some amazing tech is reality now !

#2 5 years ago

Impressive, when will I be able to have these ladies in my home for a very private concert, I don't mind if its the holograms or the real singers. In fact both would be just fine with me.

#3 5 years ago

Whoa

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

Those weren't holograms. Those were CGI characters added to the video feed. No one in the arena saw them on stage (unless they looked at the jumbotron).

#5 5 years ago

Elvis, The Resurrection Tour. Tickets starting at $500.00

They would sell out.

I know I'd go to a Johnny Cash show.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Elvis, The Resurrection Tour. Tickets starting at $500.00
    They would sell out.
    I know I'd go to a Johnny Cash show.

I'm not sure about that. I think there is a real soullessness of watching a CG recorded character. I think there would be more energy and audience connection from a good tribute artist as opposed to a CG one.

I suppose time will tell. I am curious to see if they can do anything with the technology beyond the novelty aspect.

#7 5 years ago

I could not agree more frolic. There is something special about seeing music live by the actual artists. Its a kind of magic that happens onstage and in the moment.
    Knowing its special and every show could actually be the last makes it even better. You just never know what life has in store for us so everyday is a gift , perhaps thats why its called the present.
    Seize the day for there is no tomorrow.

#8 5 years ago

Just like no matter how good VR gets. It its still not the actuall batting of a steel ball in a wooden box which will always be more fun. Video games are video games and real pinball is pinball.
    Long live the "real' silverball!

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Those weren't holograms. Those were CGI characters added to the video feed. No one in the arena saw them on stage (unless they looked at the jumbotron).

That is correct. This isn’t VR, it’s just like how they do the line of scrimmage and player numbers on the field in American Football (and I presume, other sports)

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Oh thanks Frolic,

Teach me not to get side tracked on youtube after a few too many

Got my hopes up though

oh well maybe 2020

Cheers
    Ando

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

So I guess we might see some serious innovation in pinball next year perhaps ?
    VR is going next level and off the Hook now !
    Some amazing tech is reality now !

Really disappointed. That doesn't look real at all

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Really disappointed. That doesn't look real at all

After a few cool ones it looks great !

I actually watched sober today and thought nicely done

Holograms are coming

#13 5 years ago

Got messed up took a few screen shots

Some awesomeness !
    sht (resized).jpgsht (resized).jpg

Man,,,,,,,,, fishnets kill me !!!!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vr-going-next-level?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.