Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KAPSIG1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210622_130204_LI (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    004_(resized).JPG
    003_(resized).JPG
    002_(resized).JPG
    001_(resized).JPG
    vertigo_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

This was all completely true - up until last year when a European genius implemented a new physics engine. Tables that support that physics engine are incredibly accurate especially on the flippers. There are also other simulations that have proper flippers. The days of installing hyperpin and using community made vp9 tables are gone.

I can second this. I did not want to build a virtual pin two years ago, the software was lacking then. Now however I spend the last two months building one from scratch and I just was able to play my first game on the fully completed cab tonight (Monster Bash it was), and I love it. Gamechanger is to use contactors so you have real feedback from the slingshots and popbumpers and flippers. Also a real plunger was used with an optical sensor. Works great.

I took measurements of my TSPP and copied the cabinet so I could use all real pinball parts like the hinges, coindoor, siderails and lockbar and everything. It houses a 40 inch Sony television with only 17ms lag, a 27 inch backglass monitor and a RGB LED DMD.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Which software did you use that you like the physics so much now? Curious..

I use Visual Pinball X. The physics are different with every table you load, but the designers of the tables are only just getting to know the differences. This month there was another big update which incorporates the decay of the coils, so you can tip the ball to the other flipper for instance. That has to be programmed again in the tables to make the best use of it.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'll chime in again here...I don't think you need to debate VP vs. real Pinball...They are totally different; if you accept VP as more of a video game than a pin; and complement it with a couple of real pins; then you have the perfect mix.
    I love this Vertigo, because it is an arcade cab first; so great; wife and my 7 year old son are loving it so far; it's easy enough for them to navigate around with and that's the true test of any cab in a game room...Super happy with my purchase thus far.

This is very true. It does NOT compare very well to the real deal. It is and always will be a simulation.

But it is nice to be able to play games that I want to play sometimes, but not enough to own. Every real machine takes up space and money. For instance I really like to play Whoa Nellie sometimes, but I would not buy it at the current price (6500 euro over here). To be able to fire it up on the vpin is very satisfying. Also no worries about insert ghosting like on SMVE or GB PRO

1 week later
    #43 7 years ago

I run mine on 10. Works great. Reason why people do not want to upgrade is fear that something will go wrong that they have to try to solve it.

edit: btw there nothing wrong with that, not everybody likes solving PC stuff

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vp-cabs-experience?tu=ronaldvg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.