Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KAPSIG1
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210622_130204_LI (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    004_(resized).JPG
    003_(resized).JPG
    002_(resized).JPG
    001_(resized).JPG
    vertigo_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

VP Cabs made a big splash at SFGE. Their machines are really great. I say this as someone who does not like video pinball in general. That said, I would take the Vertigo. It is a very unique form factor and can be put in a small area that does not take up nearly the space of a full pinball cabinet. It plays tons of great pinball machines and tons of video games too. For $3500 it is a good deal. If I did get one, I would have to get the saw out and cut off the lip at the right and left hand side of the control panel. It is really painful to play pinball on it for very long in its stock form. Hopefully they will fix this soon...

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is the vertigo the one with the screen vertical standing up?
    Great for arcade emulation... Terrible for pinball, the physics are too hard to stomach

Actually my friends and I all preferred the stand up format and enjoyed playing pinball on it. Personally the horizontal games just don't work for me for two reasons. One, they are trying to be something they are not. As long as they don't have a real steel ball rolling around, they are not a pinball machine. It is a video game and the VP Cabs have dozens of great non-pinball video games that work amazing in the Vertigo cabinet. Second, the Vertigo hardly takes up any room. Like many, I am a little limited on room and none of these machines are worth the space that a pinball machine could fit into. The fact that it is by far my favorite format and it is also the least expensive does not hurt either!

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Actually my friends and I all preferred the stand up format and enjoyed playing pinball on it. Personally the horizontal games just don't work for me for two reasons. One, they are trying to be something they are not. As long as they don't have a real steel ball rolling around, they are not a pinball machine. It is a video game and the VP Cabs have dozens of great non-pinball video games that work amazing in the Vertigo cabinet. Second, the Vertigo hardly takes up any room. Like many, I am a little limited on room and none of these machines are worth the space that a pinball machine could fit into. The fact that it is by far my favorite format and it is also the least expensive does not hurt either!

Quoted from PinKopf:

I did not care at all for the vertical cabinets at SFGE, downright disliked them. This coming from someone who built their own virtual cabinet last year. Theirs didn't feel right at all, whatever emulator and tables were on them sucked imo. Didn't like at all that it tries to be a mame cab too, cheapens the experience imo, but maybe that's just me. Makes it not an ideal platform for either pinball or games... No way in hell would spend $4k on one of those.

Funny how two people can see the same machine and have a completely opposite opinion.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vp-cabs-experience?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.