4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by J-A-Z
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Mine turns out to be bad. I know these are hard to find so I am not looking for 100 unobtanium responses!! If you have a spare or know where to get one I would really appreciate a PM. thanks - HJBondar

3 months later
    #2 4 years ago

Did you find one?

Tim

3 years later
    #4 9 months ago

I am troubleshooting a sound/speech board with garbled sound. How do you "test" the SC-01 chip?

Mine speaks, but its pretty impossible to understand what its saying Not sure if its the chip or another IC gone bad.

#5 9 months ago

Stick it in a working game that also uses one. Gottlieb Pinballs. Midway Gorf, Wizard of Wor. Qbert.

To save on buying a really expensive chip that might not be bad, you may need to send yours to a trusted friend for testing.

Otherwise, you might have to shotgun every other chip related to sending the SC-01 the speech data (assumes every other sound related thing functions properly.)

8 months later
    #6 17 days ago

Found a NOS SC-01A chip, replaced it, and sound is perfect now!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside