(Topic ID: 175557)

Vote Jason for the Ultimate Stern Pinball Fan!

By Jays

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Jays
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1024x1024.0.0 (resized).jpg
    pinball-contest-3 (resized).jpg
    GB-from-Facebook (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

Winning to Give a little back!

THE IDEA IF WE WIN!
    Every year, the winning Pinball will be setup for a tournament. 50% of the returns will be given away to the winner of the tournament and the other 50% will be donated to a help a good cause, breast or prostate cancer research. The idea is simple, play with balls save some!

HOW CAN WE WIN:
    Vote as much as the contest let you do! You can also do it on multiple devices.
    https://goo.gl/ll5xX2
    We need to be the top 3 finalist before the final round!

GB-from-Facebook (resized).jpgGB-from-Facebook (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Everybody is sick of this contest.

#3 7 years ago

What about a sneak peek of our first entry?

pinball-contest-3 (resized).jpgpinball-contest-3 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know even me I am! But again we have to do our best to stay on top !!! truly sorry that we have to pollute!

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jays:

truly sorry that we have to pollute!

You don't HAVE to. Nothing is making you "pollute" other than a desire to win.

I have to say, this whole contest has kind of left a bad taste in my mouth - it's a bunch of rich people pushing and shoving each other to win a game they could easily afford to buy themselves. I was okay with it when it was the kid on top, but not now.

#6 7 years ago

When people ask me to vote for them and post a link, I use that link to vote for others.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

You don't HAVE to. Nothing is making you "pollute" other than a desire to win.
    I have to say, this whole contest has kind of left a bad taste in my mouth - it's a bunch of rich people pushing and shoving each other to win a game they could easily afford to buy themselves. I was okay with it when it was the kid on top, but not now.

"The kid" is a 4 year old being exploited by his dad to add another game to his collection. It's just as unseemly as the rest of it.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"The kid" is a 4 year old being exploited by his dad to add another game to his collection. It's just as unseemly as the rest of it.

Ya dude, i checked that dad's collection. It's 70k in pin. Dude with the transformer owns a garage with 20 pins etc. All in all it's a contest of a bunch of richie riches. This dude wants our vote and has been on pinside since june. Way too long of a contest to boot.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

FRIGGIN' WORD... epic truth here.

But you know, If I'm going to pick sides......there's a very clear 'winner' in terms of actual effort and skill put in on one of these entries, and I'm not going to state my opinion as to which one that is, nor have I voted in this "contest", or will I. I refuse to support these popularity contests that encourage people to harrass all the rest of us to garner votes for themselves at no benefit to the rest of us... you can make all the promises you want but at the end of the day, when the game is in your hand, all I know is that Stern isn't going to hold you accountable for them, and neither is the community. You could stick it in your lineup, or turn around and sell it right off and nobody will really care. So I don't care who gets the game. Frankly, nobody "DESERVES" it....that's why a contest should be truly random luck of the draw, not this circlejerk type deal.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

that's why a contest should be truly random luck of the draw, not this circlejerk type deal.

Word! Do the golden ticket from Willy Wonka. Repay your loyal customers with a golden ticket inside the game. A visit to Stern factory and choice of game as the prize.

This dance like a monkey in order to win is humiliating to watch.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great, now I feel even worse about the whole thing. So basically it's whoever has the most Facebook followers wins.

#12 7 years ago

Just to clarify some speculation here, Yes, I am fairly new here! I didn't own any pin before I tragically find the funds this summer to buy my first one. My dog veterinary decide to not charge me the whole amount we saved for our dog operation after she passed away on the operation table. My girlfriend was destroy and it always was her dream to own one, So I decide to surprise her with a Paragon that I pay fairly cheap.

I am not rich and my picture is a photoshop so I didn't even had the pin in front of me!

If you don't like the way the contest as been manage tell yourself you are not alone I don't either!

But I have to try my best to win this contest otherwise I don't think I will ever spend that amount of money on a game.

Thank you all for the support!

Remember vote as much as you can and as much the contest let you to do.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Great, now I feel even worse about the whole thing. So basically it's whoever has the most Facebook followers wins.

it's more who got the most time to loose to vote as much as they want while changing their IP! basically a really stupid approach!

#14 7 years ago

What I do, when I see a vote whoring post for contests, is select the closest competitor behind the OP's entry.

#15 7 years ago

With Stern announcing that they are going up on their prices come January who in their right mind would WANT to be "The Ultimate Stern Pinball Fan" I would run the other way!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jays:

Remember vote as much as you can and as much the contest let you to do.

most definitely a Frenchman because that sentence does not even make sense!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from henhel:

most definitely a Frenchman because that sentence does not even make sense!

Yes I am a french canadian mostly on Maaca and still usually quiet! I come here usually without login in and just for reading.

What I was trying to say is that the voting system let you to vote more than once per day! you can refresh your browser, delete cookie, change IP and revote!!!

And to be honest I think anybody that would be in a situation to win a free pin, would try to be the next ultimate fan!

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jays:

What I was trying to say is that the voting system let you to vote more than once per day! you can refresh your browser, delete cookie, change IP and revote!!!

"We reserve the right to remove/disqualify votes we determine to be fraudulent."

Nothing like encouraging the voters to break the rules of the contest. Be hopeful somebody from Stern doesn't see this, and disqualify you.

#19 7 years ago

Voted! Sorry there were so many people. So, I voted the person with the highest number of votes aready. Hope that helps.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

"We reserve the right to remove/disqualify votes we determine to be fraudulent."
    Nothing like encouraging the voters to break the rules of the contest. Be hopeful somebody from Stern doesn't see this, and disqualify you.

Yeah I was against this but STERN made it clear on the PINBALL PROFILE podcast that contestant could use this to advantage them! Me and another contestant were against this but we have decided to not give up without fight! If others contestant were saying proud and loud that they were using this trick so why everybody else couldn't do it!

Again It was STERN decision to accept this kind of cheating not mine and since the publication of the podcast contestant have taking advantage of this badly!

#21 7 years ago

This is the Podcast in case some of you didn't had the chance to hear it !

10:40 to go directly to Stern part!

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ultimate-stern-pinball-fan-contest-contestants_94047

#22 7 years ago

Out of curiosity what machines do you own Jason? I don't see a collection setup on your profile,

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Out of curiosity what machines do you own Jason? I don't see a collection setup on your profile,

My only working Pin is a Bally Paragon wich was a gift to my Girlfriend this summer! I own 2 other non-working EM that I receive for free.

But because I have worked in electronics for many years peoples bring me their pins sometimes for repair or upgrade! So I had the chance to have different pins at home here and there for a short amount of time, But never newer Games!

Lucky for me every week I go at different pub/house to play on differents pins!

#24 7 years ago

Where is the Sharkeys Shootout I sold you?

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Where is the Sharkeys Shootout I sold you?

It's at my dad place now !!! Don't worry still in our family!!! Sold his LW3! he is one of the biggest pool fan in the world so we though that he could have it for a while! and I go visit him often so it's a win win situation !!!

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jays:

This is the Podcast in case some of you didn't had the chance to hear it !
    10:40 to go directly to Stern part!
    http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ultimate-stern-pinball-fan-contest-contestants_94047

That's hilarious.

Which contestant wants to pay me to write a voting randomization program that slinks through VPNs and casts votes?

...it could even stay within a certain percentage of the next closest competitor...

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

That's hilarious.
    Which contestant wants to pay me to write a voting randomization program that slinks through VPNs and casts votes?
    ...it could even stay within a certain percentage of the next closest competitor...

I'm pretty sure someone have thought of this voting app or maybe they just made an autohotkey. In one weekend the top contestant have made more votes than in the last 10 days. Everytime I was coming close an hour later I was 500 votes further.

That idea of owning a brand new game might just be for another time. I dont have the same amount of free time to continue voting none stop.

My friends don't want to stop here but as for me I kind of give up!

#28 7 years ago

Sorry, already made the program.

...congrats to the "winner".

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

Sorry, already made the program.
    ...congrats to the "winner".

What you mean?

#30 7 years ago

Someone should script a quick bot and then vote for all contestants rendering the contest useless!

#31 7 years ago

I don't see the point in asking a pinball forum to vote for you. Buy a billboard for a month at $800 at a busy place, ask them to vote for you and get some new customers for Stern.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

Someone should script a quick bot and then vote for all contestants rendering the contest useless!

That sound like a good idea!! Lol...

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

I don't see the point in asking a pinball forum to vote for you. Buy a billboard for a month at $800 at a busy place, ask them to vote for you and get some new customers for Stern.

I dont ask anymore the thread is feeding himself! If you didn't read my msg I already give up.

And you know what anybody would have done the same here its free why not using it! If it works good if it dont too bad!

#34 7 years ago

Pinball is experiencing a resurgence. For proof - look no further than the 90,000 ballets that have been cast to date in this contest. Adding a single vote at this point, can make a voter feel puny. While my vote won't determine the winner, at least I tried.

Next contest, if there is one, should be determined in the ring. Allow the contestants to get their hands dirty.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

look no further than the 90,000 ballets that have been cast to date in this contest

lol.

#36 7 years ago

Is this the guy I'm supposed to vote for?

1024x1024.0.0 (resized).jpg1024x1024.0.0 (resized).jpg

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Is this the guy I'm supposed to vote for?

There's a special place in hell for him....

#38 7 years ago

I don't even know what this contest is, but I've seen 2 pictures in this thread for GB & avengers & I'm not voting for either of those 2 shitbags.

#39 7 years ago

I voted for the guy on the scooter with a box strapped to his back because it made me chuckle.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't even know what this contest is, but I've seen 2 pictures in this thread for GB & avengers & I'm not voting for either of those 2 shitbags.

Thank you for the kind words!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vote-jason-for-the-ultimate-stern-pinball-fan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.