Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by d0n
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Please vote ”

• Yes, I am in favor of future pinball machines having a short video mode. 85 votes
      65%
    • No, I am not in favor of future pinball machines having a short video mode. 45 votes
      35%

(130 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Looks like Stern reused that mode for their Harley Davidson with only very minor changes...
    Looks to be better in GNR. And now, that mode makes more sense to why it is how it is.
    Thanks for sharing. I learned something new, as I've never played a GnR before.

It was originally used in Data East Guns N Roses, then reused again in SEGA Harley Davidson which later became Stern Harley Davidson.
    Data East sold off their pinball division in 1994 to SEGA and this video mode was SEGA basically reusing the same video mode Date East had already developed.
    Harley Davidson came out in 1999 and was SEGA's last pin before being sold to Stern.
    Stern changed a few things, but basically the SEGA and Stern versions are the same game and both use the video mode from Guns N Roses.

#21 4 years ago

I like video modes if they are done well.
    Dr. Who is one I really like as well as the video modes on Indiana Jone, especially the mine carts and ravens bar.
    Some pins like Dr. Who have the ability to turn the video mode off if you don't want it.
    I think that's a good option because then people that like video mode can play it, people that don't can turn that feature off.

Video modes that suck, just plain suck.
    Jurassic Park, The Lost World Video mode is one that I find totally worthless.
    All you do is swing over the head of the T-Rex and is virtually impossible not to complete.
    I mean you really have to try to die on this one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vote-for-video-mode-or-not-please-?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.