(Topic ID: 66944)

Vote for the Next PPS Release (unofficial)

By davewtf

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by scooter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“what should be next?”

• Monster Bash 35 votes
    23%
  • Cactus Canyon 52 votes
    34%
  • Attack From Mars 52 votes
    34%
  • Screw you, davewtf!! 15 votes
    10%

(154 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

what say ye about the next pps release? I went with the three highest priced b/w titles as they seem most likely.

Please ignore the licensing issue as i want an accurate gauge of what is wanted, not what is probable.

#3 10 years ago

I hope mb, but universal license could kill it

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

Yup! Much easier to do AFM. (AND, I want one!)

#5 10 years ago

If they make afm and cc but not MB, I might have to pimp slap someone. (joke)

#6 10 years ago

Just like MM, AFM and MB will sell like crazy. The next several years could be banner years for these guys and brutal for everyone else.

#7 10 years ago

I left off TZ and TAF bc there are way too many out there and they sell below the $8K that they want for MM.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

Farsight / Pinball Arcade managed to do it without much trouble. My fingers are crossed

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I left off TZ and TAF bc there are way too many out there and they sell below the $8K that they want for MM.

I'd pay $8K for a new version of TAF even though there are many used ones available for less.

#10 10 years ago

so far, one person owns 1 or more of these pins and is upset about the prospect of these being reproduced.

#11 10 years ago

It's AFM and then CC. Doubt all you want but I called the remakes in the first place.

#12 10 years ago

AFM would be the way to go. Then slowly make their way down the list until it is no longer profitable. Of course what will happen with the market is that as these are re-issued, others will take their place in the ridiculous price category. I am going to take a wild guess here and say my Funhouse is going to be worth a lot more in a couple years. Good thing I got it for cheap and to play the hell out of and enjoy while occasionally getting angry at it and kicking it, not worrying about my "investment".

Nope, it is not going anywhere. Lives in the basement permanently, unless I'm dead broke.

#13 10 years ago

AFM hasn't been selling well at the $8K price point and above but the other two have. Just sayin'

#14 10 years ago

CC. Give people a chance that haven't even seen it, let alone played it.

#15 10 years ago

If you don't use CCC rules or at least finish the rules for CC it wont work. Its a neat game but gets old quick. CCC on the other hand is bad ass.

#16 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon - it is the most valuable, so buyers won't hesitate at $8K, unless PPS has a ton of quality issues with MM.

#17 10 years ago

13% think i should get screwed?

edit: that percentage is likely higher but they didn't feel like throwing away their vote on that option.

#18 10 years ago

Was hoping for a remake of Popeye or Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash, but I will take an AFM if I have to.

#19 10 years ago

I vote MB! So many heavily played and blown out games on that title. I would really love to see one in all of its glory.

#20 10 years ago

I'd prefer MB, but AFM seems like the most logical choice. No extra licensing fee, simpler bill of materials...I can't imagine that the demand for an $8k AFM will be ANYWHERE near this MM madness though.

#21 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon for me.

#22 10 years ago

wow, its a pretty close vote, as of right now at least

#23 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon for me!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I'd pay $8K for a new version of TAF even though there are many used ones available for less.

That brings up an interesting idea. Will they only remake machines that go for over $8000? What if they remake TAF. That is a $5000 machine in very nice shape. Would they have to price a remake at $4000-4500 to get sales? If so, does that mean they are cleaning up with MM at $8000?

#25 10 years ago

The problem I see with doing CC is, if it's not CCC, people probably wouldn't want it as much.

Rick stated according to the agreement with WMS, MM had to play exactly as the original, and Roger Sharpe needed to sign off on it. The problem with CCC is it's not WMS code. And if you made CC with a new boardset, how would you convert it to CCC? AFAIK, P-ROC doesn't work with this new boardset, or at least, no yet.

Lots of issues surrounding a CC remake...

#26 10 years ago

MB will never be remade due to the Universal license.

#27 10 years ago

Has to be Cactus Canyon, just due to low numbers made, BUT - it would need to have completed code to be viable, which now is obviously possible. They'd have no problem moving a boatload of CC, I'd sign on immediately

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Do you hate money?

#29 10 years ago

CC - no thanks, not without some rule updates.

The no brainers are the unlicensed pins first, fully test the market with those, and decide if they want to go full force into some of the others.

New TAF - I'd be in too. Best machine ever made.

It's hard to not imagine AFM as the next logical choice for so many good reasons.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

TPA managed to negotiate a license for MB (and HD, both Elvira games, TZ, ST:TNG, and T2)

I'm guessing it would certainly be possible for PPS to do the same!

#31 10 years ago

Smart Money is on Monster bash

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

CC - no thanks, not without some rule updates.
The no brainers are the unlicensed pins first, fully test the market with those, and decide if they want to go full force into some of the others.

Yeah I think they'd probably finish the code.

Unlicensed first for sure. Easy and makes most sense. Doesn't hurt that AFM is waiting.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I am sure universal would be happy to sell a new license and make a profit. That's what business is about, why have a license if you don't plan to profit from it.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Do you hate money?

Nope. Love pinball....

#35 10 years ago

Bump.

Man, I hope they. Do monster bash next. The won't be able to do the new software with cc and I hear the new software is incompatible with the new boards, anyhow.

This is pointless, anyhow. Lol.

#36 10 years ago

Wizard Blocks
pinball Circus

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 21.50
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vote-for-the-next-pps-release-unofficial and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.