8%
  • Tales of the Arabian Nights 25 votes
    14%

(181 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vacation america.jpg
#1 6 years ago

What title do you want to see Chicago Gaming/PPS make after Monster Bash?

#2 6 years ago

:DJoust 2 the return. I know it's not on the list nor will it happen.

#3 6 years ago

We don't even know if MB is really the next release! That being said the next logical choice would be CC. It could also be TOM based on other threads.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

We don't even know if MB is really the next release!

I am willing to bet it will be. Yes Cactus Canyon seems like the obvious choice but who knows? Would PPS be better off with doing Adams Family first? In terms of sales I think AF would outsell CC significantly. Cactus Canyon is rare and more people may want to experience it and possibly purchase one. Just to clarify I would want a CC before an AF, but in terms of potential sales I think AF would blow it out of the water.

#5 6 years ago

I vote for a new design next. It would be great to see a remake and a new game each year from cgc.

#6 6 years ago

Not seeing Hollywood Heat on the poll...........................

#7 6 years ago

I think it will be a remake a Big Bang Bar however Cirqus Voltaire would be really cool to see a remake.

With regards to Cactus Canyon I think that could be next also but doesn't the code need to be finished to make that game better?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I vote for a new design next. It would be great to see a remake and a new game each year from cgc.

The problem with that is resources. Look at American pinball and how long it is taking to produce a new title from scratch, it takes smaller companies years to make a pinball machine come into fulfillment. I would love to see the magic come back from the Bally/Williams days but I do not think it will ever happen. Pinball runs today are in the hundreds, maybe couple thousand overall but nothing like the glory days of the past. Making 15,000-20,000 of one title in today's market would be an epic fail. I think if Chicago Gaming/PPS concentrate on the remakes with high build quality they will be successful.

#9 6 years ago

I would love to have a brand new Indiana Jones remake sitting in my basement. Love that pin

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The problem with that is resources. Look at American pinball and how long it is taking to produce a new title from scratch, it takes smaller companies years to make a pinball machine come into fulfillment. I would love to see the magic come back from the Bally/Williams days but I do not think it will ever happen. Pinball runs today are in the hundreds, maybe couple thousand overall but nothing like the glory days of the past. Making 15,000-20,000 of one title in today's market would be an epic fail. I think if Chicago Gaming/PPS concentrate on the remakes with high build quality they will be successful.

What makes you think they have not already been working on a new game for a while now? CGC has made pinball machines before and comparing them to AP is a huge stretch. Games do not need to sell 15K to make money, stern and JJP prove that with every release. CGC invested a lot of money to get back into pinball so I really doubt they are looking at remaking 8 games and stepping away. CGC is not a small company and if anything has a huge advantage on other companies as they make the playfields and cabinets in house.

#11 6 years ago

I know making pinball machines is not easy, and is probably perceived it is easier said than done. You need to sell x amounts of units to cover the cost. It would have to be a really good game to compete in today's market(high expectations). Vacation America comes to mind as an attempt by Chicago Gaming to do a 'new' game-again epic fail.

vacation america.jpgvacation america.jpg

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

so I really doubt they are looking at remaking 8 games and stepping away.

From my understanding they will release one game per year, sounds like a solid business plan to me. The next decade looks bright for Chicago Gaming/PPS. Why mess around with trying to re-invent the wheel with a new game when you have a tremendous asset to capitalize on?

#13 6 years ago

I would vote for new design. Remakes are great but want new blood.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I know making pinball machines is not easy, and is probably perceived it is easier said than done. You need to sell x amounts of units to cover the cost. It would have to be a really good game to compete in today's market(high expectations). Vacation America comes to mind as an attempt by Chicago Gaming to do a 'new' game-again epic fail.

So it's your opinion that a company that has been in the gaming industry for decades that builds cabinets and playfields in house and currently has a very successful production line building remake pinball machines with numerous upgrades at a fairly high volume cannot be successful with a new game release? They are connected with one of the larger part suppliers and have access to several pinball designers that have been out of pinball for a little bit. Vacation America was made at the worst time and wasn't properly thought out. They are building games every day that have features that people are looking for so assuming that they couldn't hire a designer and build off the remake momentum is pretty short sided. I'll gladly make you a wager if you want. I say cgc will have an original release in the next 3 years..

Quoted from pinmister:

From my understanding they will release one game per year, sounds like a solid business plan to me. The next decade looks bright for Chicago Gaming/PPS. Why mess around with trying to re-invent the wheel with a new game when you have a tremendous asset to capitalize on?

Or they could see an opportunity for a piece of the market and profit to be made. Stern and JJP cannot buy cabinets and playfields and price games the same as CGC. CGC has a distinct advantage in that area that allows for lower prices and higher profits. A good business strikes while the iron is hot rather then setting back saying we are covered for the next 8 years so lets just plod along and hope everything continues as is.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I would vote for new design. Remakes are great but want new blood.

Everyone wants a new design machine including me. The problem is the bar has raised and it needs to be a great new title and not just subpar. I am stoked for Houdini and honestly I am very excited, and then you have Jetsons on the other side of the spectrum. Jetsons could have been great if done right, that did not happen(waste of a potentially good franchise). I want new but at the same time I would love to have some of the classics in pristine condition that play perfect. It is good that we have choices in today's market. Old and new are welcome in my collection.

#16 6 years ago

CC seems like a terrific candidate but the rules are really simple and would need to be updated. Too bad they couldn't incorporate CCC into the remake.

#17 6 years ago

I think MBr or CCr will be next. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the latter, which would give CGC the platform to show they can create extended code. Either one would be great. Can’t wait to see the new enhancements on these great titles.

#18 6 years ago

It's Cactus Canyon. No reason to vote, I'm telling you like it is...........

John

3 months later
#19 6 years ago

Well it is all but certain now it is MONSTER BASH for #3, leaks, pictures and more, all but the official pronouncement, which is imminent any day now. I would imagine that by now Ukranian first graders know MBR for the third slot is as certain as death and taxes. LOL!

But here's hoping Rick and company put that "average" THEATRE OF MAGIC on the back burner and proceed forward with CACTUS CANYON at #4 and BIG BANG BAR at #5. If Popaduik games are upcoming I'd hope the much better CIRQUS VOLTAIRE and TALES OF THE ARABIAN NIGHTS will come ahead of TOM in the order of succession. KING PIN and perhaps WHITE WATER would also be fantastic choices. (Note: All said here is a personal opinion. I recognize other people have their own and that's more than fair enough).

#20 6 years ago

The 1st,2nd and third game are easy. Real easy if you ask the right person. But the 4th game after monster bash is harder. CC needs more work, BBB is a cap con game so at least a little more work. I can't imagine why they would build the JPOP games next. They could do Adams family but they made what 25,000 of those the 1st time around.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

The 1st,2nd and third game are easy. Real easy if you ask the right person. But the 4th game after monster bash is harder. CC needs more work, BBB is a cap con game so at least a little more work. I can't imagine why they would build the JPOP games next. They could do Adams family but they made what 25,000 of those the 1st time around.

I agree that the first three games are easy, which is why I would be very surprised if game #3 isn’t MBr. That seems like such an obvious choice. After that I have no idea what they should do next.

#22 6 years ago

Oh it's Monster Bash with some kind of lightning mod they decided to add right before TPF.

#23 6 years ago

I think they should do SS to coincide with the rumored Elvira 3.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I would love to have a brand new Indiana Jones remake sitting in my basement. Love that pin

Rick sent me a list over a year ago of the next 7 targeted remakes. The first two on the list have already emerged. IJ was not on the list.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

I think you make a very good point about Cactus Canyon. Doing a remake is one thing, but with that Cactus Canyon Continued mod floating around it raises the expectations bar. I honestly don't know if I would want a plain remake - even a bling'd out LE - versus buying a mod'd CCC with the deeper and more interesting gameplay. I feel that is the reason CC is farther down the remake list. It is one of the few pins that will involve something beyond your standard remake.

I also heard a rumor that at some point CGC will do an original title which would be pretty interesting. I feel they will have no shortage of demand for their remakes but I suppose at some point you need to try something brand new.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Well it is all but certain now it is MONSTER BASH for #3, leaks, pictures and more

did i miss something?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

did i miss something?

It is in another thread - but there was a picture of the the CGC assembly area - and you can see a MB empty PF in the background. I think everyone expected the top 3 to be: MM, AFB, and MB so wasn't a real surprise. #4 seems to be the puzzle to figure out at this point.

#28 6 years ago

or it's more propaganda and speculation.....

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It is in another thread - but there was a picture of the the CGC assembly area - and you can see a MB empty PF in the background. I think everyone expected the top 3 to be: MM, AFB, and MB so wasn't a real surprise. #4 seems to be the puzzle to figure out at this point.

Is it noticed that it was the remake playfield or the original one?

#30 6 years ago

Is it noticed that it was the remake playfield or the original one?

Too difficult to tell from the photo; the reproductions are very close

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Too difficult to tell from the photo; the reproductions are very close

So this is all about speculation and interpretation...all the more as in the other corner of the room there was an BBB playfield sitting there

#32 6 years ago

Sequels are all the rage now.

So I'm looking forward to "European Vacation".

#33 6 years ago

So this is all about speculation and interpretation...all the more as in the other corner of the room there was an BBB playfield sitting there

At this point in time it is has gone beyond speculation. I am expecting any week now to hear it is MONSTER BASH, though clues have been pointing to it for months now. The real question is what will #4 be? It could be CACTUS CANYON or BIG BANG BAR or THEATRE OF MAGIC. Odds seem to be it will be the former.

#34 6 years ago

So, interesting thing. I have Pinball Arcade on Steam. There were 4 tables with the original release of the game; Tales of the Arabian Nights, Black Hole, Ripley's and Theatre of Magic. You then have Season 1 tables, followed by the subsequent seasons. From what I can tell, Farsight started with the most popular and iconic tables. Season 1 includes classics like MM, AFM, MB and CV. Cactus Canyon wasn't released until Season 2.

Obviously that doesn't speak to how CGC is laying out its remake schedule. However, if you go by rarity and popularity you could make a pretty strong argument that #4 is Theatre of Magic, with CC being farther down the list.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from CosmoJoe:

4 is Theatre of Magic, with CC being farther down the list

I just can't get my head around TOMr being a real money maker. You can still get a decent original for $5800. They change hands a lot so the secondary market will challenge new sales at some point. Finally you have to put up a real winner to compete with Stern, JJP and Spooky latest title. Logically CV, CC or TOTAN would be a better choice. I think a real winner for CGC would be a new title. But it also comes with increased risk of a flop and a flop at this point could take them down the road to ruin!

#36 6 years ago

The only way to sell remakes of CV, TOTAN, TOM, SS ...is to improve their code.

#37 6 years ago

Ok Wouldn't be cool if: CGC became a catalog pinball company. Would if you could order any of 8 remakes MM,AFM,MB,BBB,CC,CV,TOM and TAF. You order the game and they build it. So they would literally have game kits at the factory. The game kit would have: Populated Play fields, Cabinet decals, Translites, boards, wiring harness ect... The rest of the materials would all be the same: Cabinet, legs, glass, trim, transformer, speakers, DMD, coin door, ect... And no LEs. Just a thought!

#38 6 years ago

Something original would be more interesting than anything in the list .

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Could we get a link to that thread/photo please? Can't really find it.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from LuxZ:

Could we get a link to that thread/photo please? Can't really find it.

look for the section
Is Monster Bash the Next Title From Chicago Gaming Company?
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-when-will-we-see-iron-maiden-monster-bash-beatles-license-alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-updates-more/

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Something original would be more interesting than anything in the list .

God I couldn't disagree more. The re-makes are of proven pinball masterpieces that many of us were unable to acquire. I favor 8 top 10 of these fantastic remakes before anything new is even considered.

#42 6 years ago

If I were them I wouldn't even contemplate it. I currently have no pinball design team in place nor would I want to assume any of the overhead to build one up. I also would see no need to take the risk and absorb the cost of building a pin from scratch. Everything is already done and all I have to do is build a proven entity and rake in the cash? Sign me up... good business move CG.

#43 6 years ago

I'd like to see PPS/Chicago Gaming remake CC with full CCC functionality... while simultaneously allowing/enabling Circus Maximus to build Kingpin.

#44 6 years ago

Where is None of the above/unlicensed option ?

#45 6 years ago

Since they own the Bally rights, it seems logical to do 8 Ball Deluxe. Classics are in and it would sell huge. It's still one of the most requested used pins that is sought after still to this day.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I just can't get my head around TOMr being a real money maker. You can still get a decent original for $5800

Also relevant is the new Houdini by American Pinball which is similar in theme and looks to TOM. I love TOM, but if I could afford it, I would seriously consider a Houdini instead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vote-for-the-chicago-gamingpps-game-after-monster-bash?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.