(Topic ID: 245165)

Vote for the best pin not Stern or JJP or CGC in last 10 years.

By rai

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Best pin not from the big 3 ”

• RZ 3 votes
      1%
    • AMH 10 votes
      3%
    • TNA 80 votes
      25%
    • ACNC 27 votes
      9%
    • Houdini 40 votes
      13%
    • Oktoberfest 22 votes
      7%
    • TBL 50 votes
      16%
    • Alien 42 votes
      13%
    • P3 13 votes
      4%
    • Thunderbird 7 votes
      2%
    • Dominos 2 votes
      1%
    • Mafia 0 votes
    • Jetsons 2 votes
      1%
    • Full Throttle 4 votes
      1%
    • Nemo 3 votes
      1%
    • Wooly 6 votes
      2%
    • Other 5 votes
      2%

(316 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

29701888-AE84-4C7B-9AC4-06A4989507F5.gif
    16025CBC-9DF7-4B0B-A782-67BC5182481C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 7 months ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Do you remember reading about or weighing in on whether boutique manufacturers are causing competition for Stern and also whether they are causing JJP or CGC heartburn? Well, maybe the soft data can tell us something. This is the interesting part ... unceremoniously dumping of tea leaves onto a wooden floor and sweeping of them into an orderly pile.
    Evidently we have had five pins in past ten years which have been judged and selected by enthusiasts to be the best pinball machine made excluding the Big3 Stern/JJP/CGC. If these games were truly standouts and if they checked all the boxes, then reviewing sales might be a good way to look deeper. I will list manufacturer, game, sales figures and current status of the manufacturer.
    American Pinball - Houdini - ceased production and retired game after shipping 1,000 games. Company currently producing OF and working on others.
    Heighway Pinball - Alien - ceased production and retired games after shipping 180 games. Company was dissolved after bankruptcy.
    Dutch Pinball - TBL - ceased production after shipping 50 games and nearing end of a court case with contract manufacturer. Company has been technically insolvent for years and running on fumes.
    Spooky Pinball - TNA - ceased production after shipping 800 games. May be vaulted after current pin and Company is going strong making 1k games every year.
    Spooky - ACNC - in production and shiping #200 /1500. Company is going strong.

A great "reality" post......

I've only played AlienLE and TBL out of these, so my vote barely counts. Alien was way more fun and appealing to me than TBL, and unfortunate more couldn't have gotten out along w the company achieving legitimacy, furthering the development. Amazing game......none of the others interest me much....

#50 7 months ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Are these boutiques causing any harm to Big3 Manufacturers? Spooky may have had the only direct impact on the largest manufacturers
    AP had 1 pin in tha past few years that sold 1k games. Nothing of theirs since has come close. Expect them to sell 500 to 1000 games per year and to remain unnoticed. Zero impact.
    HP had 1 pin in the past few years that sold less than 200 games and company is gone. Most manufacturers never heard of or have played an Alien. Zero impact.
    DP had 1 pin in the past five years and less than 100 games were made. Zero impact.
    Spooky has had 2 pins in the past four years make the cut and they have been building 1,500+ games per year every year. Minimum impact, unmeasureable but greater than zero. This company was built from scratch as a small but fully functioning factory and gradually scaled up.
    So tally things up ... Nobody but Spooky has put any pressure to the big 3 and they did it by delivering games every month - one day at a time. Currently producing a maximum of 1500 games per year for $6.5k yields almost $10M in gross sales withheld from Stern by boutiques. ALL OTHER boutiques have amounted to little more than a noisy gnat. Boutiques do not threaten the current market.

correct.....now, if a boutique Predator gets made (note "boutique", not "scam") I'll be looking hard (hell, I don't care who makes it...I think Stern or JJP could kill this one, and still a very desirable title (?)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 27.50
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 64.99
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 70.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.95
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 30.40
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside