Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gorditas
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which anti-glare glass is your favorite?”

• Voodoo glass 29 votes
      40%
    • PDI 11 votes
      15%
    • Invisiglass 17 votes
      23%
    • Stern HD 4 votes
      5%
    • Don't care, just control overhead lighting and use cheap glass 12 votes
      16%

(73 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

09B9AF24-D0C6-46D8-8905-853250A7903B (resized).jpeg
    20200523_151358 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151159 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151659 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151456 (resized).jpg
    20200523_152222 (resized).jpg
    20200523_152042 (resized).jpg
    20200523_124320 (resized).jpg
    20191213_173043 (resized).jpg
    20191213_173106 (resized).jpg
    20191208_204259 (resized).jpg
    20191208_204215 (resized).jpg
    20191203_191822 (resized).jpg
    20191203_191043 (resized).jpg
    A8FFC0F4-9F71-4452-BE8D-B7886BCD5248 (resized).jpeg
    E6BA9AE3-47A5-458C-ADE9-C1B24ED8A968 (resized).jpeg
    There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 4 years ago

Anyone tried Cointaker Voodoo glass? How does it compare to SternHD, Invisiglass, and PDI?

#2 4 years ago

Last year, there was a guy at the Texas Pinball Festival, selling glass for normal size machines for $25, cash and carry.
    As far as I know, there was nothing special about the glass.
    I got one sheet and it fits perfectly with smooth edges.
    Looks very clean with no scratches or imperfections that I can see.
    At that price, I got an extra one, just in case...
    Shipping costs on glass is expensive.

#3 4 years ago

"...Our European based formula..."
    Sounds exotic!

#4 4 years ago

I guess maybe its time to revive the Voodoo vs PDI vs Invisiglass comparison debate?

I currently use PDI and very happy except its a little pricey. So if Voodoo is close at half the price, might be a contender.

If anybody has Voodoo glass, can you post pics, preferably compared to standard, PDI, or Invisiglass?

#5 4 years ago

I'd be interested as well....I've used PDI and Invisiglass and both perform the same in my environment....that being said their both too expensive for what you get....if theres a alternative at a much cheaper price it I'd be interested

#6 4 years ago

I have the Stern glass, Invisiglass, and AP magic glass on most of my machines. All perform roughly the same - after having seen the voodoo glass in person (though not a real scientific experiment), anecdotally it seems like it is similar in performance. None of the glass will reject a light shining right down on it, but they all do give that “is the glass on??moment which is pretty great

Having said that, I wasn’t paying attention and swapped my STTNG (regular glass) and JJP POTC (invisiglass) recently. I’ve been playing STTNG a lot, and didn’t notice, until I turned on POTC again and it was almost impossible to see the playfield! So you don’t always notice unless you’re specifically looking at the glass reflections

#7 4 years ago

I ordered two sheets of voodoo glass coming in 3-4 days. I can do a comparison of it next to invisiglass, hd glass and pdi, but nothing technical.. just my peepers. So far PDI is definitely the best.

#8 4 years ago

I can definitely tell the difference side by side. I have PDI on my KISS 78 and doesn’t look like there is glass on. To the left and right though both machines Have standard glass and you can clearly tell

Curious on the photo compare of Voodoo

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I ordered two sheets of voodoo glass coming in 3-4 days. I can do a comparison of it next to invisiglass, hd glass and pdi, but nothing technical.. just my peepers. So far PDI is definitely the best.

Have you gotten it yet? I've been very curious about Voodoo Glass and am excited for you.

#10 4 years ago

Hopefully it withstands slightly more twisting than their LEDs before it falls apart in your hands.

*Disclaimer* I have not purchased CT LEDs in years. Because..uh......yeah.....every time I find them in a game and change them out they fall apart in my hands, and even new ones I purchased at their booth at a show did the same thing. No, I didn't ask them to replace it, I just cut my losses. Anyways. It's very possible they're manufactured differently these days, but I'm not about to find out.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

Have you gotten it yet? I've been very curious about Voodoo Glass and am excited for you.

Coming Monday not sure if excited or not will see

#12 4 years ago

Guys. I’m convinced it’s all the same. Have a piece of Voodoo, Stern HD and a Piece JJP WW LE. The stamp on the glass is all the same. Have a feeling they are all buying from the same manufacture. PDI is probably the only stand alone.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from PBMAN:

Guys. I’m convinced it’s all the same. Have a piece of Voodoo, Stern HD and a Piece JJP WW LE. The stamp on the glass is all the same. Have a feeling they are all buying from the same manufacture. PDI is probably the only stand alone.

Ur probably right . The best so far I have see. Is pdi it’s crazy good

#14 4 years ago

I’ve never seen voodoo glass so interested in how it compares. In my experience PDI > Stern > Invisiglass. Invisiglass also seems more difficult to clean. Stern ran a pretty good Black Friday deal last year that could be used for their glass.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from PBMAN:

There’s a thread bouncing around where very detailed photos were taken of glass on the same
    Machine, and PDI, Invisiglass and another brand were analyzed. They all gave off a very slight tint that was different from one another, so it was assumed that the coating did vary by vendor. The bug is usually stamped by the glassmaker AFAIK and not necessarily related to the anti reflective coating - although JJP puts a very noticeable “Invisiglass” bug on their glass.

I cant tell which is which by the naked eye though, other than definitely being able to tell which is regular glass vs not

#16 4 years ago

Voodoo glass arrived very heavy . Two sheets per box . So far looks good to me . More in depth to come. With initial peepers looks as good as pdi!
    2357689E-BA23-4CEE-91C3-F7EF9EA4865C (resized).jpeg2357689E-BA23-4CEE-91C3-F7EF9EA4865C (resized).jpeg354000FB-0A90-4E17-B38F-692EDD9F60A3 (resized).jpeg354000FB-0A90-4E17-B38F-692EDD9F60A3 (resized).jpeg48E4BEB8-C4F9-4741-856F-35C62A11D867 (resized).jpeg48E4BEB8-C4F9-4741-856F-35C62A11D867 (resized).jpegFCB32059-CD77-4557-BA9C-8CF52AAD4A18 (resized).jpegFCB32059-CD77-4557-BA9C-8CF52AAD4A18 (resized).jpeg

#17 4 years ago

Pdi left voodoo right

4A35EAB7-0E08-47C5-9644-2F7CC6A1B0F6 (resized).jpeg4A35EAB7-0E08-47C5-9644-2F7CC6A1B0F6 (resized).jpeg
    #18 4 years ago

But... I see reflection of dmd here I still think good purchase
    AF2783F2-02BD-412B-9AB3-E59B0DBA839E (resized).jpegAF2783F2-02BD-412B-9AB3-E59B0DBA839E (resized).jpeg

#19 4 years ago

Where did you purchase the Voodoo at?

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Where did you purchase the Voodoo at?

Cointaker. It’s very good glass but I still think pdi is a tiny bit more clear

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

But... I see reflection of dmd here I still think good purchase
    [quoted image]

I think the reflections are not from the glass but the actual playfield and back plAyfield plastic.

#22 4 years ago

Ordered 2 sheets , one for TBL the other Addams Gold it’s beautiful glass, I have 4 JJP pins all have invisaglass and honestly I can’t tell the difference. TBL looks insane !

#23 4 years ago

I just have to mention that the angle and intensity of ceiling lights in the area of a machine can affect what type of reflections that you get off the glass. Also, I think the "color" and the intensity of the light probably also has some effect on glare. That being said, make sure if you are comparing different glass products that you are considering, that the glass is in the same exact area and such to get a good comparison. Any change in the lighting in the area of one machine to another machine could likely affect how the glass performs.

#24 4 years ago

Sounds like PDI is the king if price/cost isn't a factor. Otherwise, Voodoo is a contender at a fraction of the cost. I'm gonna get a sheet, sounds pretty good for the price

#25 4 years ago

I wanted to mention I actually think the API Magic Glass is superior to the Stern glass, and the price point is pretty good

#26 4 years ago

Thanks for the info. I have a sheet of voodoo glass on order.

#27 4 years ago

Overall I’m happy w voodoo I’m still experimenting but it looks great on my
    Tspp . But if I go back and fourth from pdi and voodoo pdi is more clear . Voodoo is great but pdi to my eyes is the superior glass . Done

#28 4 years ago

Nitro has Wide Body Voodoo glass in stock for $225 USD per sheet. Will ship to Canada & USA. Email [email protected]

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Nitro has Wide Body Voodoo glass in stock for $225 USD per sheet. Will ship to Canada & USA. Email [email protected]

As a reseller of both, can you share any information about the difference between the Voodoo and the PDI/Roman glass? For example, who makes the Voodoo glass? How do its technical specs differ from PDI/Roman? Are the edges rounded or otherwise finished (unlike Stern)?

Understanding that PDI/Roman glass is not always available, at least in the US, some additional information would be helpful to prospective buyers. Great to have a new option in the market but even at this lower price point, buyers need more info - especially if they are thinking of buying in low volume.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wanted to mention I actually think the API Magic Glass is superior to the Stern glass, and the price point is pretty good

Its the same price as Invisiglass....$295 per sheet.....

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

Last year, there was a guy at the Texas Pinball Festival, selling glass for normal size machines for $25, cash and carry.
    As far as I know, there was nothing special about the glass.

That was the Multimorphic booth … aka @gstellenberg
    He's done it the last two years... and other than being "low iron"; I don't think there was anything special about the glass. Def not "PDI" type glasses. I do not know if he's doing it again for 2020.

#32 4 years ago

What is the average price point on invisiglass, pdi, magic glass, and voodoo glass?

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Its the same price as Invisiglass....$295 per sheet.....

and similar performance. I must have had a coupon, I swear I got it closer to $200

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

What is the average price point on invisiglass, pdi, magic glass, and voodoo glass?

I have PDI and Invisiglass.....I think Invisiglass was $325 delivered, and PDI was $370 ish delivered....in my environment I don't see any difference between PDI and Invisiglass....would love to find something more reasonably priced...IMHO both products are over priced although I have them on all my machines.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Purchased from Cointaker. Voodoo is very good glass but I think PDI is a tiny bit more clear.

You're a troublemaker! I thought about buying one sheet of PDI to try it but I just ordered 2 sheets of Voodoo from Cointaker instead. Think I'll put them on my BBB and SS. On the one hand I hope they don't look so much better than the pins next to them that I need to buy ten more sheets. On the other hand, if they don't look significantly better then I'll feel like I wasted the money.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Overall I’m happy w voodoo I’m still experimenting but it looks great on my
    Tspp . But if I go back and fourth from pdi and voodoo pdi is more clear . Voodoo is great but pdi to my eyes is the superior glass . Done

I guarantee you its not 30-40% more clear.....which is basically the price difference between PDI and Voodoo

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I guarantee you its not 30-40% more clear.....which is basically the price difference between PDI and Voodoo

Oh snap. QFT

#38 4 years ago

I purchased a sheet of Voodoo Glass for my Ghostbusters at the York show today. I compared it directly with the original Stern glass and it is way nicer. However; the machine beside GB had Invisiglass and the Voodoo Glass didn't look as nice. So I swapped the glass and put the Voodoo Glass on the other machine. The Voodoo glass looked just as nice on the other machine as the Invisiglass did. Neither of them looked as nice on the Ghostbusters. GB has a lot of lights and it's a darker machine. I couldn't tell the difference when I had them both on the same machine. I'm happy I purchased the Voodoo Glass

1 month later
    #39 4 years ago

USA customers - 1 sheet Voodoo Wide Body Glass / Delivered - $300.00 (ALL IN).

2 sheets Voodoo Wide Body Glass / Delivered - $550.00 (ALL IN)

Toll Free 1-855-366-4876 or [email protected]

#40 4 years ago

Right now Cointaker has 2 sheets of voodoo glass for $428.95 shipped.

Quoted from NitroPinballUSA:

#41 4 years ago

Nitro is selling wide body

#42 4 years ago

Thanks for the correction.

#47 4 years ago

Virgil! I saw him at Chicago one time.

#48 4 years ago

Hey Nitro!

Do you have 3 wide body voodoo in stock? Need for tz, hobbit and demo man?

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Hey Nitro!
    Do you have 3 wide body voodoo in stock? Need for tz, hobbit and demo man?

Yes, in stock and ready to ship.

#50 4 years ago

ORDERED...I've waiting for a while for wide body in Canada.

Quoted from NitroPinballUSA:

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/voodoo-glass?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.