Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gorditas
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which anti-glare glass is your favorite?”

• Voodoo glass 29 votes
      40%
    • PDI 11 votes
      15%
    • Invisiglass 17 votes
      23%
    • Stern HD 4 votes
      5%
    • Don't care, just control overhead lighting and use cheap glass 12 votes
      16%

(73 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

09B9AF24-D0C6-46D8-8905-853250A7903B (resized).jpeg
    20200523_151358 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151159 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151659 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151456 (resized).jpg
    20200523_152222 (resized).jpg
    20200523_152042 (resized).jpg
    20200523_124320 (resized).jpg
    20191213_173043 (resized).jpg
    20191213_173106 (resized).jpg
    20191208_204259 (resized).jpg
    20191208_204215 (resized).jpg
    20191203_191822 (resized).jpg
    20191203_191043 (resized).jpg
    A8FFC0F4-9F71-4452-BE8D-B7886BCD5248 (resized).jpeg
    E6BA9AE3-47A5-458C-ADE9-C1B24ED8A968 (resized).jpeg
    There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 3 years ago

So I have stern HD, invisiglass and just got my first sheet of PDI for TMNT2. The PDI is a superior product, it's REALLY nice. However I will not purchase again the cost is absolutely outrageous $392 all said and done. If you have the chance to do cash and carry from a show go for it. But to pay $400 after that crazy shipping charge is a waste even in a hobby thats as expensive as pinball. my 2 cents

#152 3 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Only pdi has smooth /rounded edges. Pdi is coated on both sides ..all others only one side. I have them all and am happy with all. If all things were equal in price I'd choose pdi. However I'm totally fine with all brands and all.work very similar in my house.

My Voodoo glass from Cointaker has smooth edges..

#153 3 years ago

Just installed a sheet of Invisiglass from CoinTaker on my JP yesterday. The edges were square, but the coating appears to be on both sides. (They feel the same, have the same appearance) I searched for instructions, but didn't find any. I put the etched label (very bottom corner, easily hidden by the lockdown bar) facing up. I had a few friends over to watch a movie in my theater. An unsolicited review was given by my friend's 16 year old son: "I tried to touch that can of Barbasol (Mezel Mods) , and was surprised when I hit glass!" When I told him that I had just installed it that day, he said, "I'd say it works!"

1 week later
    #154 3 years ago

How long do Cointaker's sales typically last? I see they have a 2-pack of Invisiglass for $399, but no clue how long that sale's been running, or when I should expect it to end. And Invisiglass is a toss-up with Voodoo? (PDI is out of my budget)

#155 3 years ago

Email cointaker, they will tell you the stock level. When I did, she send me 2 sheet for that price.

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kevlar51:

How long do Cointaker's sales typically last? I see they have a 2-pack of Invisiglass for $399, but no clue how long that sale's been running, or when I should expect it to end. And Invisiglass is a toss-up with Voodoo? (PDI is out of my budget)

I have Invisiglass on my JJP's and Voodoo on my two other games. I dont see any differences.

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kevlar51:

Thats a great price on that product if she has it in stock....no brainer....I haven't used voodoo, but I don't see much difference between PDI and Invisiglass

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from MG7322:

Email cointaker, they will tell you the stock level. When I did, she send me 2 sheet for that price.

Thanks--she said a week or two. Shipping is $30 for me, which is loads better than any other options out there.

2 weeks later
    #159 3 years ago

spidey Did you check out the anti glare glass at the place in Oak Cliff?

There is a can light with an LED bulb (100w equivalent) right over my two machines. How much can I expect the expensive glass to help with that?

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

There is a can light with an LED bulb (100w equivalent) right over my two machines. How much can I expect the expensive glass to help with that?

Some -Not much. The glass is supposed To help with reflections from inside the game, And some from the DMD perhaps.
    But it doesn't block direct Light. Unscrew that Bulb!

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Unscrew that Bulb!

Thanks.

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

It will definitely help but removing direct lighting is of course the best solution. I have some pics that show glare reduction from overhead lighting. But the glass will also help with ceiling reflection. I'd say paint the ceiling black if that's an option.

#163 3 years ago

CoinTaker has Invisiglass 2 pack for $50.00 cheaper than 2 pack of Voodoo glass. Also, there are no specs posted for Voodoo glass. I'd go with Invisiglass!

https://cointaker.com/t/voodoo-glass

#164 3 years ago

Does no one wear polarized sunglasses while they play?

They’re specifically for this situation. Reflections and glare from horizontal surfaces.

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

CoinTaker has Invisiglass 2 pack for $50.00 cheaper than 2 pack of Voodoo glass. Also, there are no specs posted for Voodoo glass. I'd go with Invisiglass!
    https://cointaker.com/t/voodoo-glass

I bought my 2 pack of Invisiglass here. I've been very happy. Several people have thought there was no glass on the machines. It's a very quantifiable improvement that I think is justified at this price point.

#166 3 years ago

I ended up grabbing the invisiglass 2 pack as well and have been very happy.

Only problem is that my kids get hand prints all over it and it’s awful to clean.

#168 3 years ago

This is my go-to: about $13 for a pack of 6

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sprayway-23-oz-Glass-Cleaner-SW056R/305667042

NO AMMONIA. Very important.

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is my go-to: about $13 for a pack of 6
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sprayway-23-oz-Glass-Cleaner-SW056R/305667042
    NO AMMONIA. Very important.

This is what I’ve been using too.

Sparkle gets mentioned a lot as well. Sprayway makes some good products though. They’ve got a deodorizer that completely got rid of the musty smell in an EM I’ve got.

#170 3 years ago

I put a sheet of voodoo glass on my Centaur. I think it does a great job! I'm happy with it.

#171 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kevlar51:

Is this sale still going on? With free shipping?

#172 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is this sale still going on? With free shipping?

Still going, but shipping wasn’t free. Cost me about $30 for shipping FedEx

https://cointaker.com/products/invisiglass-2-pack

#173 3 years ago

Just ordered a two pack of Invisiglass from Cointaker, one for Mystic and one for Heat Wave, at the sale price. Really looking forward to having clean glass on these.

I have now spent more on Heat Wave than it is worth, but I plan to be enjoying it for a very long time.

1 week later
    #174 3 years ago

Invisiglass!

The before and after pictures didn’t show a big difference, but it looks great live & in person.

09B9AF24-D0C6-46D8-8905-853250A7903B (resized).jpeg09B9AF24-D0C6-46D8-8905-853250A7903B (resized).jpeg
    #175 3 years ago

Does it matter which side is up? Just noticed the logo is on the underside.

#176 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

It feels like it's coated on both sides. I usually put the logo side up, at the bottom right corner.

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

You should flip it just to be sure. JJP games always come with the logo side up

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Thats a bright light bulb for sure being 100w... But for my instance, I have the GB topper from Laseriffic and due to my low ceiling, it was casting a horrible reflection onto my game which was making it very hard to play. I bought the Voodoo glass to try but didnt think it would fix my issue since the reflection was so bright. The voodoo glass eliminated it completely.

Granted, im sure its not as bright as a 100w lightbulb shining down on it but id give it a shot.

#179 3 years ago

It helps. I needed new glass anyway. Love how clear it is.

3 weeks later
    #180 3 years ago

Okay what is wide body glass? I have a Deadpool,MMR,MonsterBash, AFMR, do these use wide body?

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reefkeep:

Okay what is wide body glass? I have a Deadpool,MMR,MonsterBash, AFMR, do these use wide body?

No those are standard , wide body are like woz, pirates , alien etc . Newer sterns and Cgc like urs are standard

2 weeks later
    #182 3 years ago

So I purchased a pair of invisaglass and voodoo, they are both great. I honestly can tell the difference between them, both are a huge difference from the standard glass. The only disadvantage is they are harder to clean. works perfectly on most glass surfaces but I find it tends to streak into this high visibility glass.

#183 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reefkeep:

The only disadvantage is they are harder to clean. works perfectly on most glass surfaces but I find it tends to streak into this high visibility glass.

Make certain you are using ammonia free glass cleaner, otherwise you could damage the coat that provides the higher performance. I use Sparkle (the purple stuff).

4 months later
    #184 3 years ago

Does the glass have the reflective coating on just one side or both sides! If just on the one side does the reflective coating go down towards the playfield or up the other way? Also, how can you tell on which side the coating is on?

Should the glass have any etching of numbers or the manufacture logo on the corners . I personally would not want to purchase it. For the price of the glass it should be etched free!

#185 3 years ago
    Quoted from loghome895:

Does the glass have the reflective coating on just one side or both sides! If just on the one side does the reflective coating go down towards the playfield or up the other way? Also, how can you tell on which side the coating is on?
    Should the glass have any etching of numbers or the manufacture logo on the corners . I personally would not want to purchase it. For the price of the glass it should be etched free!

You can usually hide the logo under the lockdown bar.

#186 3 years ago

The Voodoo logo is etched in the lower corner and is in a very small font. It is etched in a location to be purposefully hidden by the lockdown bar. The reason for this was that with other companies out there making glass, it is just a way to validate what is what.

#187 3 years ago

Also, the glass is fully coated so there is not wrong side.

#188 3 years ago

Thank You ulmpharmd for your response

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from loghome895:

Thank You ulmpharmd for your response

No problem

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

The Voodoo logo is etched in the lower corner and is in a very small font. It is etched in a location to be purposefully hidden by the lockdown bar. The reason for this was that with other companies out there making glass, it is just a way to validate what is what.

The logo is needed. I have probably accidentally given away at least a few sheets of anti reflective glass by mistake over the years. A logo (and a better memory) would have been incredibly helpful.

I am looking forward to getting Voodoo glass next time I need some.

1 month later
    #191 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I guess maybe its time to revive the Voodoo vs PDI vs Invisiglass comparison debate?

I finally got a sheet of Voodoo and must say, it’s the best performing anti reflection glass I have and I have high end glass from all companies on all my machines. The packaging it arrived in was fantastic to.

My new favorite glass product for pins...Dethroning PDI.

#192 2 years ago

Voodoo is where it’s at y’all

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Voodoo is where it’s at y’all

And it’s priced really well. This product should have more discussion and a new poll should be undertaken on best performing anti reflective glass as well as best packaged anti reflective glass...Voodoo is the real deal and a real contender at a better price point.

#194 2 years ago

Glad people are appreciating it as much as I did when I first found it...

#195 2 years ago

Poll added!

3 weeks later
    #196 2 years ago

I 've got a sheet of Voodoo and 2 sheets of Invisiglass. The Invisiglass looks ever so slightly better. It seems to have fewer reflections.
    I thought so as did both of my kids. Can't go wrong with either one though.

1 week later
    #197 2 years ago

What’s the best deal right now? The 2-pack of Voodoo for $450?

#198 2 years ago

im a voodoo glass guy all the way. Very fast shipping from cointaker and they didn't hesitate to replace when I had an issue with one of the sheets.

#199 2 years ago

Does anyone know if Cointaker got any widebody Voodoo glass in? I've been trying to get a hold of Melissa but haven't heard anything back.
    Thanks,

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from Red_Devils:

Does anyone know if Cointaker got any widebody Voodoo glass in? I've been trying to get a hold of Melissa but haven't heard anything back.
    Thanks,

I asked this question to Melissa back in June 2020, and I was told they would get them in two weeks. They never got them in. Got tired of waiting and bought them from Nitro pinball.

https://nitropinball.com/products/non-reflective-pinball-glass-widebody

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/voodoo-glass/page/4?hl=startek2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.