Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gorditas
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which anti-glare glass is your favorite?”

• Voodoo glass 29 votes
      40%
    • PDI 11 votes
      15%
    • Invisiglass 17 votes
      23%
    • Stern HD 4 votes
      5%
    • Don't care, just control overhead lighting and use cheap glass 12 votes
      16%

(73 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

09B9AF24-D0C6-46D8-8905-853250A7903B (resized).jpeg
    20200523_151358 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151159 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151659 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151456 (resized).jpg
    20200523_152222 (resized).jpg
    20200523_152042 (resized).jpg
    20200523_124320 (resized).jpg
    20191213_173043 (resized).jpg
    20191213_173106 (resized).jpg
    20191208_204259 (resized).jpg
    20191208_204215 (resized).jpg
    20191203_191822 (resized).jpg
    20191203_191043 (resized).jpg
    A8FFC0F4-9F71-4452-BE8D-B7886BCD5248 (resized).jpeg
    E6BA9AE3-47A5-458C-ADE9-C1B24ED8A968 (resized).jpeg
    There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 4 years ago

I believe there's a thread on here somewhere with someone trying a local glass shops so called anti reflective glass. I believe it was better than normal glass but nothing like the invisaglass, pdi, voodoo,hd and magic glass.

#102 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe there's a thread on here somewhere with someone trying a local glass shops so called anti reflective glass. I believe it was better than normal glass but nothing like the invisaglass, pdi, voodoo,hd and magic glass.

The only thread I'm aware of is "Phoog's" glass but it wasn't ever advertised as anti-reflective, just thicker.

Here's a supplier:
    https://tru-vue.com/solution/ar-reflection-free-glass/
    They seem to have a world wide distribution chain.

EDIT: This glass is too thin, .098". Pinball glass is 0.1875" thick.

#103 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I’m in Dallas now visiting, hmm. How can I check a sheet on the plane back to LAX?

Last time I flew and was checking my bag the attendant asked me if I would like her to close the open zipper on my bag. I told her I would like that very much, but her baggage crew somehow completely ripped it off during the last flight. I'm sure they would do much better with a sheet of glass, tho...

#104 4 years ago

I put a sheet of Voodoo glass one a game right next to Stern HD glass. Can't tell the difference.

#105 4 years ago

So I picked up 2 sheets from cointaker on their black friday special and put one on my ST with Pinstadium Omegas, very cool and put the other on my LOTR I can still see the reflection from the back glass not very impressed with that. Doesn't appear to be a lot of difference from the stock glass as far as the anti-reflective goes, still looks clearer. Feel free to draw your own conclusions though

20191213_173043 (resized).jpg20191213_173043 (resized).jpg20191213_173106 (resized).jpg20191213_173106 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Red_Devils:

So I picked up 2 sheets from cointaker on their black friday special and put one on my ST with Pinstadium Omegas, very cool and put the other on my LOTR I can still see the reflection from the back glass not very impressed with that. Doesn't appear to be a lot of difference from the stock glass as far as the anti-reflective goes, still looks clearer. Feel free to draw your own conclusions though [quoted image][quoted image]

The custom apron card looks sweet on your ST!

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Red_Devils:

So I picked up 2 sheets from cointaker on their black friday special and put one on my ST with Pinstadium Omegas, very cool and put the other on my LOTR I can still see the reflection from the back glass not very impressed with that. Doesn't appear to be a lot of difference from the stock glass as far as the anti-reflective goes, still looks clearer. Feel free to draw your own conclusions though [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah Voodoo should probably be compared to standard glass vs PDI. It’s just not in the category for being anti reflective. It’s a clean piece of glass but expensive compared to standard.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The custom apron card looks sweet on your ST!

Yes they do! and so does the key-chain Thanks Chris

1 week later
    #109 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah Voodoo should probably be compared to standard glass vs PDI. It’s just not in the category for being anti reflective. It’s a clean piece of glass but expensive compared to standard.

So what is the consensus?

They are marketing it as anti-glare. Was thinking about getting one for my Indy, think I still have the original glass.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

So what is the consensus?
    They are marketing it as anti-glare. Was thinking about getting one for my Indy, think I still have the original glass.

I got a couple pieces and it is anti glare. Similar to Invisiglass. Most noticeable with white ceilings during the day.

#111 4 years ago

It’s not very good at Anti glare. It’s a notch better than standard glass but clear. Nowhere near PDI for anti glare

So depends. If you want to save some money, then Voodoo is fine. But for the max Antiglare it’s PDI but it’s pricey

2 months later
    #112 4 years ago

I just took a chance and ordered 2 sheets from Cointaker for $399 (free shipping). Will get it put on Iron Maiden and Deadpool later today.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I just took a chance and ordered 2 sheets from Cointaker for $399 (free shipping). Will get it put on Iron Maiden and Deadpool later today.

I bought these recently and think they are great!

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Also to mention, it definitely took my glare issue completely away. Not sure why others have said its not good for anti glare. I have a huge glare/reflection coming from the topper I put on my GB machine. My lower ceilings made it reflect downward very badly. Issue is completely gone with the voodoo glass..

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

Took advantage of this deal as well. I've got some invisiglass on my JJP machines to compare it too. I'll report my impressions.

I really needed some new glass. 2 sheets I have now have a LOT of scratches.

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s not very good at Anti glare. It’s a notch better than standard glass but clear. Nowhere near PDI for anti glare
    So depends. If you want to save some money, then Voodoo is fine. But for the max Antiglare it’s PDI but it’s pricey

I completely disagree with this. It has solved my big issue of glare that I had.

Sure, PDI might be a slight bit better but compared to my invisiglass on my JJP machines, I see no noticeable differences. Also, the tests that were done between Voodoo, Invisiglass and PDI all performed very similar with minor differences.

I did see the post above with the LOTR game and that is surprising as i do not have that at all. You can see from other pics on this thread, they didnt have that either. Strange.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I completely disagree with this. It has solved my big issue of glare that I had.
    Sure, PDI might be a slight bit better but compared to my invisiglass on my JJP machines, I see no noticeable differences. Also, the tests that were done between Voodoo, Invisiglass and PDI all performed very similar with minor differences.
    I did see the post above with the LOTR game and that is surprising as i do not have that at all. You can see from other pics on this thread, they didnt have that either. Strange.

All of them will have some sort of reflection. The difference is the angle. From the players angle, things look great which is what matters most.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

I look at PDI next to Voodoo everyday, Voodoo is nowhere in the ball park. I own both and Voodoo is decent glass - definitely clearer than standard, but you can clearly see the difference of DMD and light reflections.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I look at PDI next to Voodoo everyday, Voodoo is nowhere in the ball park. I own both and Voodoo is decent glass - definitely clearer than standard, but you can clearly see the difference of DMD and light reflections.

I dont know, I dont have any reflection on my Voodoo glass. I had major reflection issues and voodoo glass completely eliminated them.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

My impressions having both PDI & Voodoo, PDI reduces the most glare but Voodoo is a great alternative at a better price

Wasnt this you giving it a good review 3 months ago?

#121 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-hd-vs-invisiglass-vs-pdi

This was the picture comparison. Granted, Voodoo isnt on here but interesting to see.

#122 4 years ago

I have PDI on my Metallica and Voodoo on Iron Maiden and Deadpool. The PDI is *definitely* better... the finish on the edges is much smoother, and the clarity and anti-reflection is I would say slightly better. The Voodoo is MUCH better than a sheet of the Stern HD glass that I once had on my RBION. For the price (especially if you can get the sale price of $200/sheet, free shipping), I think Voodoo is a much better value than PDI, but I can't in good faith say it's as good as PDI.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have PDI on my Metallica and Voodoo on Iron Maiden and Deadpool. The PDI is *definitely* better... the finish on the edges is much smoother, and the clarity and anti-reflection is I would say slightly better. The Voodoo is MUCH better than a sheet of the Stern HD glass that I once had on my RBION. For the price (especially if you can get the sale price of $200/sheet, free shipping), I think Voodoo is a much better value than PDI, but I can't in good faith say it's as good as PDI.

Thats fair.. The edges on my voodoo are very smooth though. I have seen others say the same as you. I got mine like 3 months ago. Perhaps they improved this? not sure.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Wasnt this you giving it a good review 3 months ago?

That’s correct. I’m
    Not giving Voodoo a bad review, it’s good glass, esp for the price. But PDI is the king, hands down - but very pricey

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

That’s correct. I’m
    Not giving Voodoo a bad review, it’s good glass, esp for the price. But PDI is the king, hands down - but very pricey

Just got mine in today. Here is my completely unscientific take.

Looks just as good as invisiglass to me. I think Voodoo is best bang for your buck if you get them on sale. Never had a sheet of PDI can't give feedback.

1 week later
    #126 4 years ago

I'm glad more people are trying this glass as I have been want to try it myself. Thanks for the continued feedback.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from davisjl1979:

Just got mine in today. Here is my completely unscientific take.
    Looks just as good as invisiglass to me. I think Voodoo is best bang for your buck if you get them on sale. Never had a sheet of PDI can't give feedback.

PDI is better, I have all 3.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

PDI is better, I have all 3.

Cool. How much shipped per sheet?

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from davisjl1979:

Cool. How much shipped per sheet?

If only one sheet, looks to be $75 for shipping and $299 for the glass. Shipping two sheets is $85. Info from their website.

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

If only one sheet, looks to be $75 for shipping and $299 for the glass. Shipping two sheets is $85. Info from their website.

So best value award goes to voodoo

And editors award goes to PDI!!?

Sounds good.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from davisjl1979:

So best value award goes to voodoo
    And editors award goes to PDI!!?
    Sounds good.

Sounds about right

3 weeks later
    #132 3 years ago

Just compared Voodoo, Stern HD and Invisiglass. Not what I expected, but Stern HD was the best, Invisiglass and Voodoo were not as good. I'm only talking about clarity. Voodoo actually had a green tint on white playfield areas. So I rank it number 3. All of them had reflection from a DMD. Just sayin.

3 weeks later
    #133 3 years ago

I will review this soon...

20200523_124320 (resized).jpg20200523_124320 (resized).jpg
    #134 3 years ago

Well, the sticker is certainly a winner.

#135 3 years ago

PDI is superior. I have all 3.

#136 3 years ago

Regular glass

20200523_152042 (resized).jpg20200523_152042 (resized).jpg
    #137 3 years ago

Voodoo glass

20200523_152222 (resized).jpg20200523_152222 (resized).jpg
    #138 3 years ago

Invisiglass

20200523_151456 (resized).jpg20200523_151456 (resized).jpg
    #139 3 years ago

Voodoo glass

20200523_151659 (resized).jpg20200523_151659 (resized).jpg
    #140 3 years ago

Regular glass

20200523_151159 (resized).jpg20200523_151159 (resized).jpg
    #141 3 years ago

Voodoo glass.

The glare on this and even the regular glass doesn't look nearly as bright as it does in the picture.

20200523_151358 (resized).jpg20200523_151358 (resized).jpg
    #142 3 years ago

I'll put in my two cents as I recently bought voodoo.

It's fantastic. I've owned Stern hd and invis before and this easily matches those. In fact I have a few games with invisi and don't see a difference. I don't own PDI but I can't imagine it being any clearer to justify the additional cost.

Voodoo ftw

#143 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I'll put in my two cents as I recently bought voodoo.
    It's fantastic. I've owned Stern hd and invis before and this easily matches those. In fact I have a few games with invisi and don't see a difference. I don't own PDI but I can't imagine it being any clearer to justify the additional cost.
    Voodoo ftw

Good to know....I've owned Invisiglass and PDI....I couldn't tell the difference, but some swear PDI is better....the additional cost wasn't justified in my mind.

#144 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Good to know....I've owned Invisiglass and PDI....I couldn't tell the difference, but some swear PDI is better....the additional cost wasn't justified in my mind.

Apparently PDI is coated on both sides, which I was not aware of. Not sure about Invisiglass, but Stern is only coated on one side - I had assumed they were all like this. Perhaps one reason PDI is more expensive, but it obviously seems like overkill if so many people can’t tell the difference.

#145 3 years ago

is there wide body voodoo? trying to find some for my IJ.

#146 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Apparently PDI is coated on both sides, which I was not aware of. Not sure about Invisiglass, but Stern is only coated on one side - I had assumed they were all like this. Perhaps one reason PDI is more expensive, but it obviously seems like overkill if so many people can’t tell the difference.

Thats interesting...I did not know that...I just assumed the glass was coated on both sides? The one thing I did like about the PDI glass is the edges were smooth.....

#147 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats interesting...I did not know that...I just assumed the glass was coated on both sides? The one thing I did like about the PDI glass is the edges were smooth.....

If I’m not mistaken, Invisiglass is also smoothed on the edges. Not sure if they coat both sides either

#148 3 years ago

Only pdi has smooth /rounded edges. Pdi is coated on both sides ..all others only one side. I have them all and am happy with all. If all things were equal in price I'd choose pdi. However I'm totally fine with all brands and all.work very similar in my house.

#149 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If I’m not mistaken, Invisiglass is also smoothed on the edges. Not sure if they coat both sides either

My invisiglass doesn't have smooth edges

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/voodoo-glass/page/3?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.