Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gorditas
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which anti-glare glass is your favorite?”

• Voodoo glass 28 votes
      39%
    • PDI 11 votes
      15%
    • Invisiglass 17 votes
      24%
    • Stern HD 4 votes
      6%
    • Don't care, just control overhead lighting and use cheap glass 12 votes
      17%

(72 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

09B9AF24-D0C6-46D8-8905-853250A7903B (resized).jpeg
    20200523_151358 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151159 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151659 (resized).jpg
    20200523_151456 (resized).jpg
    20200523_152222 (resized).jpg
    20200523_152042 (resized).jpg
    20200523_124320 (resized).jpg
    20191213_173043 (resized).jpg
    20191213_173106 (resized).jpg
    20191208_204259 (resized).jpg
    20191208_204215 (resized).jpg
    20191203_191822 (resized).jpg
    20191203_191043 (resized).jpg
    A8FFC0F4-9F71-4452-BE8D-B7886BCD5248 (resized).jpeg
    E6BA9AE3-47A5-458C-ADE9-C1B24ED8A968 (resized).jpeg

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 4 years ago

I ordered 2 sheets from Cointaker. I’ll post impressions as I have 2 machines with PDI.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from bent98:

I ordered 2 sheets from Cointaker. I’ll post impressions as I have 2 machines with PDI.

same here. Want to put these on my Addams Gold and not sure what other one I'll use it for yet, but curious how it stacks up against my two PDI sheets (in IJ & Tz)

#53 4 years ago

I installed glass on my TWD and DP and is damn close to the PDi at a fraction of the cost. The only thing that sucks is it has numbers etched in glass which is visable on the corners .

It’s easy to clean btw

#54 4 years ago

I swapped out Invisiglass with Voodoo glass on my Metallica and I cannot tell the difference. I moved the Invisiglass to another machine. I'm very satisfied with Voodoo glass.

#55 4 years ago

I've never tried PDI

I have a few sheets of invisiglass...I like it.

I just ordered 2 sheets of the voodoo.....

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from bent98:I installed glass on my TWD and DP and is damn close to the PDi at a fraction of the cost. The only thing that sucks is it has numbers etched in glass which is visable on the corners .
    It’s easy to clean btw

Pics of the numbers on the glass?

#57 4 years ago

Just ordered two sheets of Voodoo. Looks like a great deal.

#58 4 years ago

I have all the brands and in my home they all work/look very similar .

#59 4 years ago

Indeed. I have Stern glass, AP magic glass, and Invisiglass installed. At this point my one game which lacks it (TZ) looks noticeably “reflectly”. It is bothersome to say the least. Voodoo glass would rectify that for sure. The biggest difference I have seen is the minor hue they all seem to add. Invisiglass is a tiny bit on the green side, Stern glass a bit blue. Not sure on the AP magic glass, maybe more red than anything (although this may just be the Houdini playfield)

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from nerbflong:

Pics of the numbers on the glass?

Here you go

IMG_3127 (resized).jpgIMG_3127 (resized).jpg
    #61 4 years ago
    Quoted from bent98:

Here you go[quoted image]

My Voodoo glass didn’t have any numbers etched like that. I just double checked...would not be happy with that myself.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from darkryder:

My Voodoo glass didn’t have any numbers etched like that. I just double checked...would not be happy with that myself.

Some glass makers add this "bug " ( that's what it's called) - usually you don't want it in stuff like pinball, for obvious reasons. If you rotate the glass 180 degrees, the bug will be mostly hidden by the lockbar. It's a lot less noticeable than up there at the top.

#63 4 years ago

It’s not hidden by the lockdown bar at all! I put it at the top left as if it’s closer to you , you can see it plain as day. So stupid.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from darkryder:

Did you get the wide body or regular ?

#65 4 years ago

Question for all the others who got the standard voodoo glass from Coin taker , does yours have the etching in the corner ?

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from bent98:

Did you get the wide body or regular ?

I got the regular size for my Alice Cooper. No numbers anywhere.

#67 4 years ago

You got it from cointaker?

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from bent98:

You got it from cointaker?

Yes, I did. Checked the invoice to confirm. Alice Cooper looks much much better with the Voodoo glass

#69 4 years ago

Does anyone know if Cointaker does widebody Voodoo?

#70 4 years ago

Does voodoo glass come in safe cracker size? Or is there any inviglass for SC from anywhere?

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from adrock:

Does anyone know if Cointaker does widebody Voodoo?

Nitro Pinball has Widebody

Just installed a sheet on my Indiana Jones Williams

4E22DD0B-ABC5-418A-AE05-B99B1B193B7B (resized).jpeg4E22DD0B-ABC5-418A-AE05-B99B1B193B7B (resized).jpeg9397E006-43A8-4B25-8E07-EB675B8D631C (resized).jpeg9397E006-43A8-4B25-8E07-EB675B8D631C (resized).jpegA8FFC0F4-9F71-4452-BE8D-B7886BCD5248 (resized).jpegA8FFC0F4-9F71-4452-BE8D-B7886BCD5248 (resized).jpeg431C2607-522C-4625-91C9-E5E4407AFEA0 (resized).jpeg431C2607-522C-4625-91C9-E5E4407AFEA0 (resized).jpegE6BA9AE3-47A5-458C-ADE9-C1B24ED8A968 (resized).jpegE6BA9AE3-47A5-458C-ADE9-C1B24ED8A968 (resized).jpeg
    #72 4 years ago

I installed the voodoo today on a couple machines. Definite improvement from reg glass. Similar to pdi, maybe a little thicker. Before and after pictures on my addams gold. I think it's worth the money. Doesnt completely eliminate glare, but much better visibility.
    20191203_191043 (resized).jpg20191203_191043 (resized).jpg20191203_191822 (resized).jpg20191203_191822 (resized).jpg

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

I installed the voodoo today on a couple machines. Definite improvement from reg glass. Similar to pdi, maybe a little thicker. Before and after pictures on my addams gold. I think it's worth the money. Doesnt completely eliminate glare, but much better visibility.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Nothing eliminates the glare but the glass helps alot. All seem.to work about the same for me but pdi is the nicest and has the best fit and finish also. However voodoo seems like the best deal at the moment.

#74 4 years ago

My impressions having both PDI & Voodoo, PDI reduces the most glare but Voodoo is a great alternative at a better price

#75 4 years ago

So, thanks to the fine folks at CoinTaker, and a bout of too much whisky on black friday, I ordered... um, several, sheets of VooDoo Glass.

I just wanted to leave my thoughts. Bang for the buck is off the charts. I think you could make an argument that PDI is slightly better at hiding the glare, but it is so slight, the cost difference is more than made up for by the VooDoo prices.

Highly recommended. Now I just hope I don't put my fist through one of em thinking that I have already pulled the glass off the machine!

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from bent98:

It’s not hidden by the lockdown bar at all! I put it at the top left as if it’s closer to you , you can see it plain as day. So stupid.

Ok wow that sucks

#77 4 years ago

I can hardly see the etching in the glass no matter where its placed... people are bothered by the smallest things sometimes.

#78 4 years ago

I just installed 2 sheets of voodoo glass. Is there supposed to be markings on the glass telling me that's it's not just regular glass? My glass has no etching. I'm wondering if cointaker sent me regular glass?

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

I just installed 2 sheets of voodoo glass. Is there supposed to be markings on the glass telling me that's it's not just regular glass? My glass has no etching. I'm wondering if cointaker sent me regular glass?

Seems maybe some have and some dont? U sld b able to tell a huge difference between non reflective glass and reg tho

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

Be thankfully you don’t have it!

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

I can hardly see the etching in the glass no matter where its placed... people are bothered by the smallest things sometimes.

You must be blind.

#82 4 years ago

As someone who ordered a bulk set, some of mine have etching, and some don't.

I simply put the ones that have it to where the etching is on the apron side. I'm not blind. It doesn't bother me in the least. In fact, until a ruckus was made of it here, I hadnt even give it a second thought Just curious, of those of you that find it to be a major issue, how do you drive your car?

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from bent98:

You must be blind.

Yep that's it.. seriously it hardly noticed .

#84 4 years ago

Better remove all my stickers also as I can hardly see the playfield in that area... 20191208_204215 (resized).jpg20191208_204215 (resized).jpg20191208_204259 (resized).jpg20191208_204259 (resized).jpg

#85 4 years ago

Some people like to leave the original packaging stickers on their TVs and appliances or put plastic on their furniture. I for one am not in that camp.

#86 4 years ago

Local store has what they call 4K glass. Looked real good. Thinking any glass place would have glass with a no reflective coating. would 4ak, voodo glass etc be any different than standard non reflective glass from a glass place?

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Local store has what they call 4K glass. Looked real good. Thinking any glass place would have glass with a no reflective coating. would 4ak, voodo glass etc be any different than standard non reflective glass from a glass place?

Get a quote for a pinball sized sheet (or pair) of non-reflective glass. So far voodoo is the cheapest at $215/sheet delivered on special. And just check that it's tempered.

#88 4 years ago

I wouldn’t be happy with any etchings, and if these are showing up randomly on Standard Voodoo sheets then I’ll be skipping on those.

Not sure if I got lucky or Widebody sheets don’t have it, but my Widebody sheet definitely doesn’t have any etchings. My family does glass and I’m very familiar with those and it’s a no go for pinball

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I wouldn’t be happy with any etchings, and if these are showing up randomly on Standard Voodoo sheets then I’ll be skipping on those.
    Not sure if I got lucky or Widebody sheets don’t have it, but my Widebody sheet definitely doesn’t have any etchings. My family does glass and I’m very familiar with those and it’s a no go for pinball

Amen

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Get a quote for a pinball sized sheet (or pair) of non-reflective glass. So far voodoo is the cheapest at $215/sheet

@spidey

Oak Cliff Glass, on N. Beckley, said they can order non reflective tempered glass and have it in 2 days, for $79. That's not delivered, but unless someone has a really small car, it would fit along the back seat. No telling how that non-reflective coating would compare to the brand name glass. I'll probably get it, once I figure out how to keep the ball from hitting the glass off the center drop targets on Mystic.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

spidey
    Oak Cliff Glass, on N. Beckley, said they can order non reflective tempered glass and have it in 2 days, for $79. That's not delivered, but unless someone has a really small car, it would fit along the back seat. No telling how that non-reflective coating would compare to the brand name glass. I'll probably get it, once I figure out how to keep the ball from hitting the glass off the center drop targets on Mystic.

Its fine the ball will not hurt anything..

#92 4 years ago

I’d give it a shot for that price.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

spidey

Ok that's what I'm talking about! I'll have to check it out. Thanks

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Ok that's what I'm talking about! I'll have to check it out. Thanks

We could make a killing at TPF lol

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

We could make a killing at TPF lol

spidey unless maybe we'd rather spend our time playing pinball... see you there!

#96 4 years ago

Be pretty cool if we could just order at a glass shop. Way better than paying up to 300 a sheet. Must be huge mark up On this stuff.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Must be huge mark up On this stuff.

Not based upon my limited experience.
    True Non-Reflective glass is rare and has expensive coatings.
    Now it's been SEVERAL years since I looked into it. Maybe the better glass and the coatings have come down a lot.
    That said; Market drives price. Right now; I think Voodoo glass is the cheapest of the "premium" glasses. Someone else needs to start undercutting the others for the prices to come down. That is _IF_the markup is artificial.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

spidey

Send some comparison pics

#99 4 years ago

I’m also in Dallas so I’m very curious how that glass from Oak Cliff Glass turns out.

#100 4 years ago

I’m in Dallas now visiting, hmm. How can I check a sheet on the plane back to LAX?

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/voodoo-glass/page/2?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.