Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 820 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vonnied.jpg
    shirt-mold-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150620_201729.jpg
    PrisonBreak-Pinball.png
    253525.jpg
    257011-i.jpg
    20150410_112749.jpeg
    dd.jpg
    3stooges.jpg
    388658-i.jpg
    deadbeat designers.jpg
    Home.png
    vonnie.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

HAHAHA...holy shit!!! They're outsourcing their puppet videos!?!? BWAHAHAHAHAAAA

I just totally lost it, lol.

1 week later
    #246 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I think this quote from Wes needs to be addressed. The word "again" is what strikes me.
    Thanks for the pictures and updates.

I thought the same thing.

It's surprising that they are just finding inserts to be the wrong size, or that their cabinet is missing parts, if this is a second or third iteration.

The hand routed slop in the pictures bothers me significantly as well, but I'm chalking that up to my expectations for craftsmanship probably being too high. It looks like it was done with a dremel and no jig.

#250 9 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

You guys need to settle down. They are reinventing pinball, did you not learn anything from that video.

Of course I did. I learned that it's actually really cheap to send my friends funny customized puppet videos as gags.

1 week later
    #271 9 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

The shelves, as far as I'm aware, can only be done with a router. Templates definitely help... I don't have any yet though because I only make a couple whitewoods a year. Since I don't have templates, I need to constantly stop and check the hole's sizing so the shelf cutout doesn't get too large. If there's an easier way to do this, not counting CNC, then I'm all ears

Could you just use a rabbeting bit in your router, set to 1/4 depth and 1/8 cut width? If you use the proper size collar bearing, the 1/8th shelf would just be a matter of circling around your through hole pushing against the edge.

#273 9 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

Edit: ... the trick is finding one small enough for the job :S

Yeah, for sure.

#275 9 years ago

That's got a 1/8 shank, will your router accept that?

Here is one with a 1/4" shank and it actually has a bearing on it. It's way more expensive but I think a $2 router bit would cut like absolute shit, and with no bearing it's going to keep trying to walk on the wood.

http://www.amazon.com/Amana-Tool-MR0100-Bearing-Diameter/dp/B002QB0PVK

Here is a link to the specs for the one I linked:

http://www.amanatool.com/bits-fv/mr0100_mini_bearing_rabbet.html

You can see that dimension "A" is 1/8", the amazon title of the listing is weird.

#280 9 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

I saw that series, but MR0100's cut diameter is too large. Inserts have 1/4" diameter rounded edges. MR0101 *may* work with a minimal overcut.

Bummer, post back if you do find one that works.

1 week later
    #316 9 years ago

There are actually bot services for hire, because people are more likely to back a project that looks like it's going to be successful. There are also some ones that do it just because the ops think they are helping out projects.

You are more likely to pledge if its 90% of the way there on the last day than 20%. Also, if your kickstarter just barely misses, it's not so negative as one that only gets 10% of the way.

Once the pledges go over the funding amount, the bots will back out and cancel. If it never reaches the funding level, no problems.

DISCLAIMER: I am not at all accusing VonnieD of doing this.

#475 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

What are they using to run the game? Proc?

I thought I read somewhere that they are building their own hardware.

Post edited by Wolfmarsh: pinlynx beat me by 4 seconds.

I'm doing my own hardware for Spaceballs, and I hope they aren't underestimating that effort. I've probably got a couple hundred or more hours into the controller design at this point. The ONLY reason I didn't go with P-ROC is because I wanted to do it for fun and I want to release all of the tech for free to the public.

If I were a company on a timeline, it would be silly not to use one of the existing platforms (PinHeck, P-ROC, FAST, etc..)

3 weeks later
    #530 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

They posted a small facebook update Aug 18th.

"While we've waiting for the Kickstarter funds to clear,"

Heh.... I wonder what they are waiting to buy with that cash, because it sounds like they don't have any until it comes in.

#536 9 years ago

The "What it means to design" video gives me a pretty good idea of where Von and Wes are in their professional lives. Even if it's to try and be funny, videos like that show a lack of experience and too much hubris.

Give Von 10 more years of engineering/design experience, with some pretty hard lessons along the way, and he will probably be a great, creative engineer.

I'd love to meet Von in person and see if he has "it", the x-factor. Until then, all I have to go on is the information he allows to be pushed out, which is not impressive yet.

1 month later
    #565 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Give Von 10 more years of engineering/design experience, with some pretty hard lessons along the way, and he will probably be a great, creative engineer.

I still stand by this.

Wes may be one of the hard lessons that Von gets to learn.

#570 9 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Small community with deep pockets. No way VD survives this debacle.

I got nuthin personal against the kid, but in NO way is he ready for anything close to prime time from what I've found out. I'm sure you were using , but you forgot your little emoticon.

Completely agree about being out of the pinball world. He would have to have amazing machines in the box ready to ship for anyone to give him money again.

My comment was more about him being a successful engineer (regardless of field). He seems creative and imaginative, but doesn't seem to understand the steps between hacking something together that works versus making a commercial product. At work we have a saying: "80% of the effort is in the last 20% of the project."

He jumped the gun, and will hopefully use it as a learning opportunity.

1 week later
    #593 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Got the email....my machine will ship Jan 15.

Did you really buy one of their machines?

1 month later
    #620 9 years ago

Just when I thought this week couldn't get any weirder.....

#638 9 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

That was very nice for the judge to let you off to work on your family entertainment projects...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

"Family entertainment projects", ROFL.

7wtGLR9.gif7wtGLR9.gif
    #664 9 years ago

Christmas at the Vonnie D offices.

Christmas-Tree-Fire-Safety.jpgChristmas-Tree-Fire-Safety.jpg
    #667 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

are the drug manufacturing equipment and drugs hiding under the tree ?

Dammit, how does everyone know where I hide my drugs?

#673 9 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Never really understood the whole synthetic drug craze. Is it cheaper, or what? It certainly can't be the accessibility

It was initially legal, so kids viewed it as a way to get high "legally". Turns out, it's terrible shit for you, so pretty much everywhere made it officially illegal.

1 month later
    #686 9 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

RIP
    Vonnie D pinball
    2014-2014

You using an old browser = RIP? (I mean, I agree they are DOA, but not because their site doesn't work with IE7).

Home.pngHome.png
    2 months later
    #699 9 years ago

Wow, that really is it.

257011-i.jpg257011-i.jpg

1 week later
    #719 9 years ago

I have used fiverr.com a lot lately. I can't believe what some of these people will do for $5. The most I've spent was $20 on a long voiceover with some special requests.

1 month later
    #739 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Weed should be legal
    Pinball & Merlot were illegal not too long ago
    I really don't think this dud should go to jail for some fake ass pot charges
    I'm not making an excuse for the pinball fiasco of VonnieD. I never took that project seriously at all

Weed should be legal, yes.

What Wes was selling was dangerous and outlawed because of that, not because it got you high. It barely works compared to weed anyway.

3 weeks later
    #774 8 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

A pic of trilogy's shirt

A pic of a pic of trilogy's shirt.

image.jpgimage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vonnie-d-pinball-update?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.