Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 820 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vonnied.jpg
    shirt-mold-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150620_201729.jpg
    PrisonBreak-Pinball.png
    253525.jpg
    257011-i.jpg
    20150410_112749.jpeg
    dd.jpg
    3stooges.jpg
    388658-i.jpg
    deadbeat designers.jpg
    Home.png
    vonnie.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotoes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from VonnieD:

First just so it is clear we do have Barry Oursler already on board helping with his knowledge of pinball and designing game modes.
    Second, the items necessary for our prototype have been completely purchased and we have all the parts we have been waiting on suppliers like the cabinet, prototype metal pieces and currently the playfield. We have went through 3 of them getting it perfect to be populated. I am personally cutting the playfield by hand to make sure everything is where I want it before I start hiring or purchasing a CNC machine to run my G-code. The game was designed quickly in future pinball just to get ideas of shots, the real machine is designed in SolidWorks 2014.
    Thirdly, I understand the pre-order issue you do not have to pre-order to help us out. We thought we would go to the pinball community to help get an efficient production line up and going, so we could avoid many of the delays you commonly see with boutique pinball makers. Even purchasing a T-shirt, a poster, or whatever you are financially able and willing to, will help the project. If necessary, we have interested backers, however we do not want to lose the flexibility of designing to a venture capitalist or drive prices up to meet an investors profit demand. We have other pinball themes and layouts ready at lower costs, however Kickstarter rules require we fund a specific project (so we choose Pinball Gremlins) and our first pin has many additional costs that future ones won't as a result of being the first to use our custom boards, lights, etc.

Ok, so maybe you can directly answer the questions below. Please understand these aren't meant to be confrontational, but are merely being asked because I think there is a bit of a disconnect going on with what the public has seen, and what you're saying you have. Hence why (I think) there has been a bit of negativity surrounding the project.

1. What's that mean? Is Barry just around for feedback and bouncing ideas off of? If the kickstarter is funded you're going to contract him to design the game modes? There is a lot of misinformation out surrounding this.
    2. If you've gone through 3 playfields, why haven't any been shared?
    3. If you're working in SolidWorks, why has only the FP work been seen?
    4. I asked in another thread, but what are these custom lights?

1 week later
    #229 9 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

Thanks. Let me elaborate a tad more.
    Okay, so let me get this straight, let me understand this fully. Basically what some of you jackwagons are saying is that every single company that has ever been started and been in need of some financial assistance has never had some "questionable" material published? They have never used an out of the box marketing tactic, or unorthodox fundraising method? What you a$$holes are implying is that every single business that needed extra help getting started pissed away thousands of dollars on professional, high quality, waste of money videos that 99% of you didn't even watch in the first place?
    Maybe he felt all of the fundraising he is doing could be better spent towards actual work, research, and development on the game instead of making better videos which, again, I say 99% of you wont watch in the first place.
    I will end this shytstorm right now. Put up or shut the fawk up!!! I don't see anyone offering to help Vonnie out with his videos. Out of all of the users on here that probably aren't too far away from him, I am sure one of you has a good video camera and a creative mind, or maybe I am wrong? I don't see anyone offering to donate money towards getting him some professional videos. Some of you are really fast to tell him how he should spend his money but at the same time you won't help him. Talk about a bunch of bullshyt.
    Now as far as his "tens of thousands of dollars", it's quite simple. Things in life aren't free and they haven't been since the 60's. Enough about the mans finances and claims related to them. Look past the puppet videos. The point is that we are all here for the love of the game they call pinball. Vonnie is keeping the game alive with his new concept/future game.
    In short, do you know why most people never try to bring new ideas to life? It's because of a$$holes like some of you. Between all of the bullshit comments, negativity, stupid questions, poor assumptions, and overall childish douchebaggery can you blame anyone? Who would want to subject themselves to comments like some that were posted here? Constructive criticism is one thing, but there is a fine line between that and being an outright a$$hat.
    As far as Vonnie's slow response times. Who cares?? Do you stop in the middle of the day and think to yourself, . o 0 (I better log onto pinside and post in my thread because some a$$wipe told me to)? I doubt it. Oh, (insert user name here), was just online but didn't reply! I better blast him in his thread. Again, big f#ckin deal, maybe he was too busy to post because he actually has a life outside of the internet?
    Ask yourself one huge question, do any of you ever get sick of being keyboard commandos?
    Coke and a smile folks, coke and a smile!

Either you're trolling or you should really calm down BRO. It's clear you don't understand complaints you're arguing against.

#255 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Here's another Kickstarter that may tickle your fancy. It's already well funded and still has 23 days left:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/324283889/potato-salad?ref=nav_search

saw that a couple of days ago and almost lost it from laughing so hard. i love potato salad.

2 weeks later
    #375 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

and a guy who uses JJPs logo on their profile (suspicious?).

A++
    would read again
    lol

2 weeks later
    #506 9 years ago

Very curious as well.

Also curious if this means Barry has actually been hired and in what capacity.

#514 9 years ago

Well, the internet detective in me is very interested. Both in KS's response about possible fraud, and why you can't seem to find anything critical of their practices anywhere online.

Does anyone have links about critical writing re: KS? I'm not talking about articles discussing the dangers/pitfalls of launching a campaign, but rather analysis of their business practices.

3 weeks later
    #537 9 years ago

any updates to the backers?

#541 9 years ago

i mean...somebody did. NOT I!!

3 months later
    #640 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

I also won't sugarcoat the fact that the Pinball Gremlins project is not on schedule.

NO. WAY.

Care to comment on your fraudulent Kickstarter backers?

#661 9 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I can't remember where, but I think this was adressed on another thread? If I remember correctly, when asked about Vonnie D, Barry shrugged his shoulders.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/barry-oursler-new-design-funding

bottom of page 1

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotoes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vonnie-d-pinball-update?tu=robotoes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.