Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 820 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vonnied.jpg
    shirt-mold-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150620_201729.jpg
    PrisonBreak-Pinball.png
    253525.jpg
    257011-i.jpg
    20150410_112749.jpeg
    dd.jpg
    3stooges.jpg
    388658-i.jpg
    deadbeat designers.jpg
    Home.png
    vonnie.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sjsilver.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#463 9 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

A lot of people have become successful and wealthy due to dumb luck. My point wasnt about the rise from middle to upper middle or upper class though. It was that some simply have more money and can afford to lose it. I paid $4870 for a NIB IMVE but with my budget i dont have $8,000 to drop on a speculative pin project. I can tell you there are enough members here to come up with $100,000.

$100k is only about 12 $8000 machines (with some deficits made up by those LE and LLE models and the smaller categories), so it's not unreasonable to assume they could sell that many presales, but what is nuts is how they went about it. Unlike the other boutiques, who might be able to get at least that many sign ups over time, by going through kickstarter, they were getting 100% of the money up front instead of on a refundable payment schedule. I think if you ask the other boutiques how that kind of proposition would go down with the moneybags pinside collectors you are describing, you might get a weary laugh.

Unlike your $4870 you spent on a machine you can see and know will arrive in a few months at most, asking $8000 upfront for a machine like this that only exists in promises from people who we had little reason to believe in the first place is a very different proposition. Add to that the context of this project coming at the tail end of a preorder era with tons of broken promises and missed deadlines where collector enthusiasm and patience is wearing thin, and you have an even less likely scenario. Add to that the abysmal PR campaign these guys ran, and all the continual digging displayed in this thread, and I am left with a ton of skepticism. I think those presales would have to come from mostly outside the pinside community, which is possible considering the wider audience a kickstarter staff pick gets. But still, that much money showing that little with that demo video? Still doesn't add up.

Even if this is 100% legit despite ALL the evidence we have seen, there is still the total lack of logic that they can actually create that many games and ramp up actual production on just that presales cash. So even if they get all that money, it's still highly unlikely they get to shipping games without additional capital.

Seriously, there are plenty of other projects out there that are much more fleshed out with none of the stink and suspicion on them, who have refundable payment plans who would absolutely benefit from this kind of blind faith investment. If somehow this is legit and these guys sucked $100k out of the market that could have supported hese other projects, then I hope to god they can figure out how to actually deliver those games. In some ways, a bot-scam to milk a fraction of that money might be preferable as it limits the damage, but it would do serious damage to the new pin market. Maybe we are all wrong and we will eat our words when games actually ship, but seeing as how this forum is their primary audience, they have a lot of work to do if they hope to sell many more that those initial pre-orders.

One tip, you might actually look up who the people you are lashing out against are before speaking.

5 months later
    #696 9 years ago

I love the irony of the VD gang refusing to support a web browser released in October 2007 on their website using a brushed metal look that debuted in 1999 and that Apple finally eliminated from all their interfaces in October 2007.

With bleeding edge design like that, you know you need the latest and greatest software to view it!

2 months later
    #713 9 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

20150410_112749.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)
    Final resting place of the "pinball gremlins" whitewood..... now a blackwood and the end of the new bar at Gunthers.

I really hope that artwork isn't final. Seems a little plain to me. Hopefully they'll add a little more detail before it hits production.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sjsilver.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vonnie-d-pinball-update?tu=Sjsilver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.