5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 813 posts
  • 194 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by trilogybeer
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 115 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

vonnied.jpg
    shirt-mold-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150620_201729.jpg
    PrisonBreak-Pinball.png
    253525.jpg
    257011-i.jpg
    20150410_112749.jpeg
    dd.jpg
    3stooges.jpg
    388658-i.jpg
    deadbeat designers.jpg
    Home.png
    vonnie.JPG

There are 813 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
    #151 5 years ago

BTW if someone can get eyeballs on their kickstarter page with a $5 puppet video, more power to them!

#152 5 years ago

I love the Gremlins Movies. Always watch them around X-mas.

#153 5 years ago

This is for a "gremlins" (original theme) pinball and not a "Gremlins (tm)" (the movie) pinball, right?

Has Vonnie D pinball cleared the name of the game with Warner Brothers? It would really suck to get the game ready to deliver, but not be able to ship games over an IP issue.

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlynx:

Has Vonnie D pinball cleared the name of the game with Warner Brothers? It would really suck to get the game ready to deliver, but not be able to ship games over an IP issue.

There is no IP issue.

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlynx:

This is for a "gremlins" (original theme) pinball and not a "Gremlins (tm)" (the movie) pinball, right?

Ah...never mind then.

#156 5 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

There is no IP issue.

Does this mean that Vonnie D Pinball has a letter from Warner Brothers giving the go ahead? Given the confusion in this thread, I'd think they'd at least have to think about it being an issue. From an investment\kickstarter standpoint, I'd want to know 100% this was sorted before sending money.

#157 5 years ago

Of all the things to criticize with this launch, that this has an issue with Warner Bros IP ain't one of them.... "gremlins" have been around long before the movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlin

If they started using things like "Mogwai" "Spike" "Gizmo" then there would be an issue.

#158 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlynx:

There is no IP issue.

Does this mean that Vonnie D Pinball has a letter from Warner Brothers giving the go ahead?

I'd be more worried if they got clearance from Chrysler.....

13-amc-gremlin.jpg
    #159 5 years ago

Hasbro caught flack for the Furby looking like Gizmo from the movie. (http://articles.latimes.com/1998/dec/24/business/fi-57099)

Calling a game "Gremlins" and using art that looks a lot like the Gremlins in the movie sure seems like a possible infringement to me. At least enough for an IP holder to give it a second look.

Post edited by pinlynx: Add clarification.

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Of all the things to criticize with this launch, that this has an issue with Warner Bros IP ain't one of them.... "gremlins" have been around long before the movie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlin

It's the visual combined with the name. If they look too similar you can have a problem I would guess.

#161 5 years ago

Maybe it would be easier to cut a 5 figure check to WB and just use their assets and probably sell more machines that way.

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlynx:

Calling a game "Gremlins"

They are not calling it just "Gremlins" they are calling it "Pinball Gremlins" from what I can tell.

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlynx:

Does this mean that Vonnie D Pinball has a letter from Warner Brothers giving the go ahead?

No, and it's not necessary unless they use the movie's IP.

#164 5 years ago

"Pinball...Ka-Ka!!"

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

They are not calling it just "Gremlins" they are calling it "Pinball Gremlins" from what I can tell.

If worse comes to worse and licensing issues occur, they can always retitle it to something else, and keep the art and concept. They can call them Pinball Imps or Pinball Boogeymen, something of that nature. Or.....Pinball Pains In The Ass? They ARE messing with your score, after all

#167 5 years ago

Should we guess who the author is from Pinside? A lurker??

Kim

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Kim

Author is spiroagnew above.

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Kim

He says in the article he, the writer, commented in the thread urging the dude to reply & set things straight. So the story is like an extension of pinside a mod cannot close lol.

I think it's funny how this is a thread only we (Pinside) will read & it's about a story only we will read & that story is about a thread only we participated in.

If we used the comments section in that story & then post a link to this thread the circle will be complete & a Pinside vortex will occur causing the laws of pinball to break down & all hell will occur.

#170 5 years ago

Dude !! That was my thoughts and I could not quite describe the twilight zone feeling.

#171 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

He says in the article he, the writer, commented in the thread urging the dude to reply & set things straight. So the story is like an extension of pinside a mod cannot close lol.
    I think it's funny how this is a thread only we (Pinside) will read & it's about a story only we will read & that story is about a thread that will only we participated in.
    If we used the comments section in that story & then post a link to this thread the circle will be complete & a Pinside vortex will occur causing the laws of pinball to break down & all hell will occur.

There's actually already a link to this thread in the article.

#172 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

There's actually already a link to this thread in the article.

This means Skynet has indeed become self aware

Save John Connor

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Dude !! That was my thoughts and I could not quite describe the Twilight Zone feeling.

I just took a bong rip of that synthetic potpourri & projected my pinsanity into your brain

This is no ordinary camera

image-661.jpg

#173 5 years ago

scanners4.gif

#174 5 years ago

Hopefully, the OP is almost finished "resting" and will write a follow up post soon.

#175 5 years ago

Kickstarter outtakes. Like that they can roll with the punches.

#176 5 years ago

I think I may of found a picture of the completed machine.

gremlins.jpg
    #177 5 years ago

is that guy holding up the playfield with his hair helmet?

#178 5 years ago

Playfield fell and the drop target mech embedded itself into his skull. Maybe not the worst of his problems, he's missing a leg?

#179 5 years ago

Gremlins game based on the movie Ugh Puke!

Should be based on the original Gremlins. Those in WW2 Aircraft.

How about this for a theme?

The Pinball cabinet aesthetic and play filed is that of a WW2 plane and during gameplay while on missions the gremlins cause the aircraft parts(Game Features) to fail. Complete all of the missions and Return Home is the Wizard Mode.

I think this would be a much better use of the Gremlin Idea from Vonnie D and a Billiion times better the the Movie Gremlins which I am proud to say haven't seen!

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Playfield fell and the drop target mech embedded itself into his skull. Maybe not the worst of his problems, he's missing a leg?

Good eye, i didn't notice that, I was looking for the start button, gremlins must have stole it

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

Kickstarter outtakes

Wow, excellent audio on those.

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eddie:

Should be based on the original Gremlins. Those in WW2 Aircraft.
    How about this for a theme?
    The Pinball cabinet aesthetic and play filed is that of a WW2 plane and during gameplay while on missions the gremlins cause the aircraft parts(Game Features) to fail. Complete all of the missions and Return Home is the Wizard Mode.
    I think this would be a much better use of the Gremlin Idea from Vonnie D and a Billiion times better the the Movie Gremlins which I am proud to say haven't seen!

why on earth would you be proud to say you haven't seen a classic 80s movie?

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I was thinking this too! How can you bad mouth a flick you haven't even seen?

EDIT: Shit... I do it all the time with Twilight. Nevermind.

#184 5 years ago

We can all at least agree that the best Gremlins was Gremlins 2: The New Batch. Right?

Gremlins-2-The-New-Batch-gremlins-4058711-327-462.jpg

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

LOL same as I am proud to say I haven't seen ET !!!!!! but we are digressing from the Vonnie D thread.

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eddie:

... Billiion times better the the Movie Gremlins which I am proud to say haven't seen!

Huh?

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

We can all at least agree that the best Gremlins was Gremlins 2: The New Batch. Right?

No...but it's a classic for sure. Flipping the script was the best thing Dante could have done.

#188 5 years ago

Hey Sorry I have been in the shop working on the prototype and I am ready for inserts currently doing those now and this evening here is a preview before

final prototype.jpeg

Also good news cabinet pieces came in yesterday so that will be a fun project tonight!

backbox parts.jpeg

cabinet parts.jpeg

I know I am not posting that much and that is something I will be working on, even when working in undergraduate research labs I had trouble with writing down the procedure or on here "blogging" about it. So you will have to have patience as we are a small team and I am currently in charge of the design, code and manufacturing. Being a one man show allows the lower costs but can cause my time to be eaten up and so I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

To all those who have shown support and constructive criticism I appreciate it, I look forward to making a machine you all will enjoy whether in your home or on route somewhere near by. To all the others I am sorry we have not done it the way "you" would, we are going about it the way "we" want and feel is the way we need to be.

I will post more about the playfield and cabinet as it gets done, we are still waiting for our prototype metal pieces and I would like to have those before I start to populate this playfield.

Thanks for all you input!

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

I'll have him populate the field again and get a video up, when he gets back.

Where's the field you already populated?

Kim

#190 5 years ago

How many people under 35 even know/remember what Gremlins were?

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from VonnieD:

To all the others I am sorry we have not done it the way "you" would, we are going about it the way "we" want and feel is the way we need to be.

Unfortunately "your" way was asking for "our" money. We needed to see more to instill confidence and excitement in this project. Pics of an actual WIP playfield is a good start. Looking forward to seeing more.

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

How many people under 35 even know/remember what Gremlins were?

The World War ones...probably not many. Unless they still watch Looney Toons. Or watch the movie in which they are mentioned.

#193 5 years ago

What about the Twilight Zone Gremlins?

Shatner's 1963 Terror:
    grem3.jpg

Lithgow's 1983 Theatrical Horror:
    grem5.jpg

#194 5 years ago

Glad to see some progress being made, Vonnie. Look forward to seeing more.

#195 5 years ago

Gl vonnie. Stay optimistic. It may not Kickstart on this round but the pinball community really does like new games and ideas. We just like to see them in action first.

#196 5 years ago

I have never seen a pinball field with the wood grain running in that direction? I guess you are making changes to the pinball world or hopefully you'll fix that before machine sales. A CNC machine would work better. Just must faster and your line would be straight. Also, would you hurry up and finalize the colors for the characters. That will give you something else to show us how hard your working. I mean there done why not show them? Oops, I am sorry I should have not let that out of the bag.

#197 5 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I have never seen a pinball field with the wood grain running in that direction? I guess you are making changes to the pinball world or hopefully you'll fix that before machine sales. A CNC machine would work better. Just must faster and your line would be straight. Also, would you hurry up and finalize the colors for the characters. That will give you something else to show us how hard your working. I mean there done why not show them? Oops, I am sorry I should have not let that out of the bag.

What is your deal? If anything was done we would show it! Also all this harassing what does it get you??? Imaginary Pinball points?

#198 5 years ago

Another Pinball company is coming up with revolutionary products and all some of you jerk offs can think of doing is blasting him. Behavior like this it the wonder why anybody tries to put out new products in the first place. A lot of you were just jealous that he found five dollar Muppet videos and you didn't. So what if they seem childish. A lot of our colleagues and friends think we're still childish for playing around with games/antique technology. Else some of you guys of even admitted that your wives don't exactly dig Pinball. If it makes you happy then I say go with it.

I hope it turns out awesome Vonnie I love the picture so far. Keep posting updates whenever you can. Keep up the good work!

I have made quite a few postings on here in various sections of this forum. I don't always check them every single day. I'm not here for anyone but myself. If it takes me a few days to update someone or check back in regarding something that should be okay. Don't have to sign in and give updates just because somebody I don't even know wants them. Post whenever I have the time. As far as Vonnie asking for peoples money, some of the world's greatest businesses were started due to friends family and other assorted strangers helping out an idea they believed in. Maybe the way he's going about it isn't exactly how you would do it but it doesn't exactly make it wrong. Like I said earlier keep up the good work Vonnie and if this pinball machine kicks ass then it might just be my first new in the box.

#199 5 years ago
    Quoted from katoskave:

Another Pinball company is coming up with revolutionary products and all you jerk offs can think of doing is blasting him. Behavior like this it the wonder why anybody tries to put out new products in the first place. A lot of you were just jealous that he found five dollar Muppet videos and you didn't. So what if they seem childish. A lot of our colleagues and friends think we're still childish for playing around with games/antique technology. Else some of you guys of even admitted that your wives don't exactly dig Pinball. If it makes you happy then I say go with it.
    I hope it turns out awesome Vonnie I love the picture so far. Keep posting updates whenever you can. Keep up the good work!
    I have made quite a few postings on here in various sections of this forum. I don't always check them every single day. I'm not here for anyone but myself. If it takes me a few days to update someone or check back in regarding something that should be okay. Don't have to sign in and give updates just because somebody I don't even know wants them. Post whenever I have the time. As far as Vonnie asking for peoples money, some of the world's greatest businesses were started due to friends family and other assorted strangers helping out an idea they believed in. Maybe the way he's going about it isn't exactly how you would do it but it doesn't exactly make it wrong. Like I said earlier keep up the good work Vonnie and if this pinball machine kicks ass then it might just be my first new in the box.

We'll said katoskave! I'm sick of all the negativity too

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Relax. You seem on a vendetta and going out of your way to cause trouble. These guys have stumbled and they know it. Lets give them an opportunity to recover and prove themselves.

Kim

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 64.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 67.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    MicksPinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Z
    There are 813 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside