Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 820 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vonnied.jpg
    shirt-mold-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150620_201729.jpg
    PrisonBreak-Pinball.png
    253525.jpg
    257011-i.jpg
    20150410_112749.jpeg
    dd.jpg
    3stooges.jpg
    388658-i.jpg
    deadbeat designers.jpg
    Home.png
    vonnie.JPG

There are 820 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.
    #701 8 years ago

Maybe Kevin and Wes will share a cell together and they can build pinball machines in the prison out of old shanks, toothbrushes and cigarettes. They could call their company Penitentiary Pinball or call it SFIT-P (Some felons in the prison) or WLOSPI, ill let you guys figure out that last one.

#702 8 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

Final resting place of the "pinball gremlins" whitewood..... now a blackwood and the end of the new bar at Gunthers.

Holy shiet, that is a good eye. What is the story behind that ending up there (for those that aren't familiar with Gunther's)?

#703 8 years ago

It wasn't so much a good eye. Gunthers is/was owned by Wes who had partnered with Vonnie D to make the game. Many events developed over the last year and from my understanding there really is no Vonnie D pinball anymore nor has there been for a awhile. I'll let Vonnie D elaborate on that if he's still around.
    Gunthers has gone thru some changes and Wes's dad has remodeled the place to transition it to a craft beer bar that has a few pins and games.
    His dad is the one who made the bar and I'm unsure he even knew what that playfield was or represented......
    Just thought I'd share for those interested.

#704 8 years ago

Did anyone actually preorder or put anything more than a couple dollars into the kickstarter?

#705 8 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

Gunthers is/was owned by Wes who had partnered with Vonnie D to steal money.

FTFY

#706 8 years ago

That playfield should go to the PFOH.

#707 8 years ago

Oh shit... Barry Oursler is going to be pissed.

#708 8 years ago

I came close to backing the project...until they started using puppets to promote the project. Did you get your money back from Kickstarter?

#709 8 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

Did anyone actually preorder or put anything more than a couple dollars into the kickstarter?

No. I think anyone who put anything into the kickstarter got out of it long before it ended. I'm sure it was almost 100% fake donators.

#710 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Wow, that really is it.
    257011-i.jpg

Is that art Photoshopped? Doesn't look very populated.

I would like an update on this. Did Barry figure out all the modes? What about that color changing glass glass and other innovations that were going to bring pinball back from the dead. I hope they have a better lockbar than Skit B

#711 8 years ago
    Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Is that art Photoshopped? Doesn't look very populated.
    I would like an update on this. Did Barry figure out all the modes? What about that color changing glass glass and other innovations that were going to bring pinball back from the dead. I hope they have a better lockbar than Skit B

At the end of the day, it was just a scam. (Vonnie/Wes, feel free to jump in anytime to defend your project)

#712 8 years ago

253525.jpg253525.jpg

#713 8 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

20150410_112749.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)
    Final resting place of the "pinball gremlins" whitewood..... now a blackwood and the end of the new bar at Gunthers.

I really hope that artwork isn't final. Seems a little plain to me. Hopefully they'll add a little more detail before it hits production.

1 week later
    #714 8 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

At the end of the day, it was just a scam. (Vonnie/Wes, feel free to jump in anytime to defend your project)

LOL no the artist was hired off Fiver as well. And was never paid. Poor guy. Guy told me that they would never approve the art. I would assume that makes them feel better about them self in stiffing the guy.

#715 8 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

the artist was hired off Fiver as well. And was never paid

wow, that's a new low. Can't even pay $5 for work. they had to of made at least that on the kickstarter.

#716 8 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

That playfield should go to the PFOH.

"Pinball Fail of History"?

#717 8 years ago

5 bucks is cheap when I contracted VD it cost me over 30 bucks in drinks and another 250 to the doctor and this was in 1979's dollars.

#718 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

wow, that's a new low. Can't even pay $5 for work. they had to of made at least that on the kickstarter.

They spent it all on puppet videos.

#719 8 years ago

I have used fiverr.com a lot lately. I can't believe what some of these people will do for $5. The most I've spent was $20 on a long voiceover with some special requests.

#720 8 years ago

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/crime/two-plead-guilty-to-roles-in-alleged-synthetic-marijuana-conspiracy/article_5f26eb59-d89d-52a4-a5c9-c0fd29ed9918.html

His trial is June 8th.

Harrington admitted the products were actually synthetic cannabinoids mixed with acetone and sprayed onto a plantlike material, the release said, which were then delivered via the U.S. Postal Service or commercial carrier.

The products were made from around 167 grams of synthetic cannabinoids imported from China.

Quoted from wesupchurch:

Secondly, the product was never intended to be consumed and was not at all a synthetic variation of any illicit substance.

Rot in prison.

#721 8 years ago

Maybe Wes can team up with Kevin and produce a new pin while they're in prison together.

PrisonBreak-Pinball.pngPrisonBreak-Pinball.png

1 week later
    #722 8 years ago

vonnied.jpgvonnied.jpg

#723 8 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

Thats one way to generate income for their project. I think john Delorean did the same thing.

Very few similarities, actually. John was a brilliant engineer with massive success and accomplishments who was set up by the US government when he was vulnerable, failing at his lifelong dream. John made things that were bought and sold and treasured, not just in movies or in museums. Wes was a lazy, narcissistic con man who produced nothing but a bunch of pinheads who would like to give him the ultimate wedgie, not to mention the possibility he may have caused a few fatal overdoses. Sorry, but the two scenarios are completely different.

Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Never really understood the whole synthetic drug craze. Is it cheaper, or what? It certainly can't be the accessibility

First of all, most street drugs are synthetic. Meth would seriously not exist if there weren't manufacturers turning out enormous quantities of precursors that aren't needed on the legitimate market. These are simply organic compounds not currently scheduled. Check out the books Alexander Shulgin and his wife were writing 20-25 years ago and you'll realize that there are thousands of these compounds already documented. It was only a matter of time before enterprising chemists realized that flipping a methyl ring here and there would change the legality but not the effect of a molecule. Secondly, street drugs tend to be wildly inconsistent in potency. Consumers are trained to trust the packaging more than the contents, so they gladly hand over cash at the haji-mart before they stray into the rougher parts of town - even if half-wits like Wes are ultimately responsible for the QC they assume was involved. And the home run on the deal is that if you're a fiend and staying ahead of the trends, you don't have to break any laws to get your gear.

Lawmakers can't keep up and as Dennis Miller famously opined, you could remove all the intoxicants from the earth and people would still spin around in circles until they fell down dizzy in the yard thinking they'd met god.

TL;DR: Wes is a puppet himself with a Chinese chemist's hand up his ass.

Quoted from dantebean:

I am an IT tech and we install Chrome, Firefox, and IE on all new machines.

That's good practice; if you get infected by a browser hijacker that prevents you from accessing the tools you need to fix it, just use a different browser. Also one could theoretically configure one of those browsers to automatically clear the cache every time you're done using it for nefarious purposes while the rest stay legit.

3 weeks later
    #724 8 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

TL;DR: Wes is a puppet himself with a Chinese chemist's hand up his ass.

This calls for pics ...

1 week later
    #725 8 years ago

So I looked up Wes's court case and found this. Apparently he was out on bail but was caught with illegal weapons.

"ORDER denying Motion for Reconsideration of March 12, 2015 Pre-trial Detention Order [for] Wesley Upchurch. The Court affirms its prior Order detaining defendant Wesley Upchurch . The Court finds that the defendant Upchurch has not adequately rebutted the pre-trial violation report dated March 3, 2015, and the evidence presented at the show cause hearing dated March 12, 2015, demonstrating that he was in possession of two firearms on December 17, 2014, in violation of the conditions of his pre-trial release order and the direct order of the Court given to defendant at his bond hearing. This violation shows defendant Upchurch unlikely to further abide by conditions of release. The Court finds there are no conditions which will assure that defendant Upchurch will not pose a danger to the safety of the community if released. The Court further finds that there are no conditions which will assure defendants appearance. The Court finds defendant Upchurch to be a substantial flight risk. There appears to be substantial and compelling evidence in this case, and defendant faces a potential lengthy period of incarceration, if convicted. The evidence presented shows defendant Upchurch, if convicted, faces a guideline range of 360 months to life, capped by the 20-year statutory maximum. There has also been evidence presented to the Court that defendant Upchurch likely has substantial resources. At the first detention hearing in this case, the Government presented evidence of two-million dollars deposited into accounts controlled by defendant Upchurch. The funds were later removed from the accounts and are unaccounted for. The Court finds this evidence shows that defendant Upchurch, who is facing significant period of incarceration if convicted, has the resources to flee. For these reasons, the Court denies defendant Upchurchs motion for reconsideration of the Order of detention. Signed on 04/30/2015 by Magistrate Judge Matt J. Whitworth."

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

Wes is trying to appeal the above order of detention, citing his Eagle Scout Certificate:
    http://ia601500.us.archive.org/24/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.118100/gov.uscourts.mowd.118100.398.1.pdf

#726 8 years ago

Oh dang, he's an Eagle Scout? Is it too late to pre-order??

#727 8 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

So I looked up Wes's court case and found this. Apparently he was out on bail but was caught with illegal weapons.
    "ORDER denying Motion for Reconsideration of March 12, 2015 Pre-trial Detention Order [for] Wesley Upchurch. The Court affirms its prior Order detaining defendant Wesley Upchurch . The Court finds that the defendant Upchurch has not adequately rebutted the pre-trial violation report dated March 3, 2015, and the evidence presented at the show cause hearing dated March 12, 2015, demonstrating that he was in possession of two firearms on December 17, 2014, in violation of the conditions of his pre-trial release order and the direct order of the Court given to defendant at his bond hearing. This violation shows defendant Upchurch unlikely to further abide by conditions of release. The Court finds there are no conditions which will assure that defendant Upchurch will not pose a danger to the safety of the community if released. The Court further finds that there are no conditions which will assure defendants appearance. The Court finds defendant Upchurch to be a substantial flight risk. There appears to be substantial and compelling evidence in this case, and defendant faces a potential lengthy period of incarceration, if convicted. The evidence presented shows defendant Upchurch, if convicted, faces a guideline range of 360 months to life, capped by the 20-year statutory maximum. There has also been evidence presented to the Court that defendant Upchurch likely has substantial resources. At the first detention hearing in this case, the Government presented evidence of two-million dollars deposited into accounts controlled by defendant Upchurch. The funds were later removed from the accounts and are unaccounted for. The Court finds this evidence shows that defendant Upchurch, who is facing significant period of incarceration if convicted, has the resources to flee. For these reasons, the Court denies defendant Upchurchs motion for reconsideration of the Order of detention. Signed on 04/30/2015 by Magistrate Judge Matt J. Whitworth."
    BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE
    Wes is trying to appeal the above order of detention, citing his Eagle Scout Certificate:
    http://ia601500.us.archive.org/24/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.118100/gov.uscourts.mowd.118100.398.1.pdf

Do you even have a pre-order with this company? What does the above have to do with pinball? Or making pinballs? Are you even sure it's the same Wesley Upchurch? Even if so, this case is completely unrelated to his pinball business. Granted some of these allegations are serious but have you ever heard of "innocent until proven guilty"? Wesley is are only chance to ever seen games built. You and all the haters who are trying to destroy this thing and have no skin in the game are just....

and so on.

#728 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Do you even have a pre-order with this company? What does the above have to do with pinball? Or making pinballs? Are you even sure it's the same Wesley Upchurch? Even if so, this case is completely unrelated to his pinball business. Granted some of these allegations are serious but have you ever heard of "innocent until proven guilty"? Wesley is are only chance to ever seen games built. You and all the haters who are trying to destroy this thing and have no skin in the game are just....
    and so on.

Can't tell if serious. :/

#729 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

Me either. Had to read back closely and still can't tell.

I need to remember to pop some popcorn before I sit down for this shit.

#730 8 years ago

Skit-b: people lose money, no one goes to jail
    VonnieD: no one loses money, someone goes to jail

#731 8 years ago

In order to hate something you need to care just enough to actually feel anything about it at all.

Wesley Upchurch's personality shows signs of regret-less narcissism, a horrible business mind I would never buy from. seems I'm in the majority with not funding this startup.

DOA.

#732 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

Can't tell if serious.

Can't tell either !

Quoted from asay:

There has also been evidence presented to the Court that defendant Upchurch likely has substantial resources. At the first detention hearing in this case, the Government presented evidence of two-million dollars deposited into accounts controlled by defendant Upchurch. The funds were later removed from the accounts and are unaccounted for.

He just bought JPOP.

(You can tell if serious, right?)

#733 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

Quoted from emkay:

Me either. Had to read back closely and still can't tell.
    I need to remember to pop some popcorn before I sit down for this shit.

I assure you he's not, those are things being said in the jpop thread.

#734 8 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Do you even have a pre-order with this company?

That's some excellent sarcasm. Or maybe snark? Scorn? Top notch either way.

#735 8 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

seems I'm in the majority with not funding this startup.

I dont think anyone funded this garbage, you dont see one person bemoaning this project.

#736 8 years ago

You can ride one horse but you can't ride a horse on a horse.

#737 8 years ago

call me cynical, but I'm sensing a pattern here (and maybe others have noticed it)

does your pinball designer look like a pot selling misfit that wears a winter hat all year round?
    deadbeat designers.jpgdeadbeat designers.jpg

then chances are this is probably a good sign of whom NOT to give thousands of your hard earned american dollars to (unless, you're made of money or consider your "contribution" a tax-deductible charitable donation

#738 8 years ago

Weed should be legal

Pinball & Merlot were illegal not too long ago

I really don't think this dude should go to jail for some fake ass pot charges

I'm not making an excuse for the pinball fiasco of VonnieD. I never took that project seriously at all

Clarification: I do not smoke marijuana. I'd sure like to but I can't due to risk & etc.

#739 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Weed should be legal
    I really don't think this dud should go to jail for some fake ass pot charges
    I'm not making an excuse for the pinball fiasco of VonnieD. I never took that project seriously at all

Weed should be legal, yes.

What Wes was selling was dangerous and outlawed because of that, not because it got you high. It barely works compared to weed anyway.

#740 8 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

At the first detention hearing in this case, the Government presented evidence of two-million dollars deposited into accounts controlled by defendant Upchurch. The funds were later removed from the accounts and are unaccounted for.

Probably spent it on parts and equipment for Vonnie D

#741 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Weed should be legal

I don't smoke either, and I agree with this statement, but Wes was dealing in synthetic 'bath salts', which are far more harmful and SHOULD be illegal.

#742 8 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

call me cynical, but I'm sensing a pattern here (and maybe others have noticed it)
    does your pinball designer look like a pot selling misfit that wears a winter hat all year round?
    deadbeat designers.jpg
    then chances are this is probably a good sign of whom NOT to give thousands of your hard earned american dollars to (unless, you're made of money or consider your "contribution" a tax-deductible charitable donation

very close on what you say but no cigar!..its not the weed .its those damn hats! if you keep on your head year round they work like ultra-slow cookers on your brain.i have been warning people for years about these things.

#743 8 years ago
    Quoted from scott_freeman:

You can ride one horse but you can't ride a horse on a horse.

And you can't tell which way the train went by lookin' at the tracks.

Quoted from PW79:

Weed should be legal
    I really don't think this dude should go to jail for some fake ass pot charges

Weed yes, weird chemicals that wannabe drug dealers spray on potpourri from Walmart? No thank you. I watched the folks I knew who made the switch, mostly for legal reasons, and it did not make their lives better. The dosage response curve is not at all similar to something that grew in the dirt, which makes it very dangerous.

Side note: I have seen some of the dumbest drug-taking decisions motivated by a desire to either stay within the law or to evade detection. Worst case was the super-sweet young man who was a casual pothead, got in trouble and had to pee once a month so he switched to smoking crack because it's out of your system in short order. I shouldn't have to tell anyone how that story ended. Less sad was the business owner who ordered a huge bag of MDPV because it was legal and he needed to work more hours. Weeks later he was frantically giving it away to anyone who would take some because he had been compulsively re-dosing and the walls were starting to close in on him.

Eff Wes, he's a narcissist and a greedy jerk.

#744 8 years ago

Why do you guys keep posting here? I keep hoping that Vonnie is posting an update on my LE #2 that I put a deposit on.

So please keep this thread ready for Vonnie and don't distract him so he can keep working on my game.

#745 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

I'd sure like to but I can't due to risk & etc.

Come to the NW Pinball show next week....It's legal here!

#746 8 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

That's some excellent sarcasm. Or maybe snark? Scorn? Top notch either way.

Why thank you, sir. It is an art understood by so few. A superior few, of course.

#747 8 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Why do you guys keep posting here? I keep hoping that Vonnie is posting an update on my LE #2 that I put a deposit on.
    So please keep this thread ready for Vonnie and don't distract him so he can keep working on my game.

How much did you pay them?

#748 8 years ago
    Quoted from Freeplay40:

Come to the NW Pinball show next week....It's legal here!

Sometimes job requirements supercede the legality issue. I've talked to a number of my colleagues in CO & WA and they walk a very thin line. I have family in CO and when we visit, I still behave not because of law but policy instead. I do see the country making a slow move that direction though, so one can still hope to have freedom over what they plant in their garden.

#749 8 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Oh...... he's been working on it.

388658-i.jpg388658-i.jpg
    There are 820 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vonnie-d-pinball-update/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.