New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 96402)

Vonnie D Pinball - Pre-Order On Kickstarter

By wesupchurch

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PismoArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 11.31.25 AM.png
    gremlin-1.jpg
    laughing girl.gif
    metallica.jpg
    whitewood.jpg
    image-819.jpg
    image-326.jpg
    image-566.jpg
    SeparatedAtBirth.jpg
    told-ya.jpg
    hrpufnstuf.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 2.20.57 PM.png

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

We've heard your concerns regarding there not being a way to pre-order a game on Kickstarter without having to shell out the entire price of the game. Those concerns are over. Thanks to a significant backing, we are now able to take the game to production, without requiring the full payment upfront.

Instead, a $100 pledge will hold your place in line for the Pinball Gremlins pinball machine. No further payment will be necessary until the game is ready to ship. Our Kickstarter backers will receive priority shipping for the game. When your game is ready to ship, if you decide you aren't interested in the machine at that time, we'll refund the deposit.

You will see that we've added the pre-order reward level on our Kickstarter page.

http://kck.st/TkBb22

#2 6 years ago

That's pretty damn fair!

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That's pretty damn fair!

That is very fair. You guys should discuss your artist more. Gabriel Picolo..............This kid is a genius and a big reason I will be signing on.

https://www.google.com/search?q=365+days+of+doodles&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=puy3U7-JN4W3yATNwYHADg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=608&dpr=1#imgdii=_

#4 6 years ago

Good on you, Vonnie D Pinball. Listening to concerns, and moving forward accordingly.

Rob
    Creditdotpinball.com

#5 6 years ago

Wow this is great I will be doing this .great job guys

#6 6 years ago

Thanks. I'm glad you like our new structure. Feedback from the community is important to us.

We are working hard to make sure that the pinball communities demands are heard.

We are confident that players and operators alike will be satisfied with the Pinball Gremlins.

#7 6 years ago

Can you give some more details about the game and estimated timelines?

#8 6 years ago

Awesome! Certainly a good sign as to the future of Vonnie D after that very rough start.

#9 6 years ago

It looks like I am the first one to do this. I hope that means I will be production game #1. I look forward to seeing your progress and wish you the best in this venture. I love seeing people pursue their dreams. It's what makes this the best country in the world.
    Jim

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

It looks like I am the first one to do this. I hope that means I will be production game #1. I look forward to seeing your progress and wish you the best in this venture. I love seeing people pursue their dreams. It's what makes this the best country in the world.
    Jim

Thank you for your support you are the first standard! There was a limited purchased previously!

To you and anyone else there is a $250 Tier which includes all the small rewards and your machine reservation. Thanks again Pinside for your constructive criticism.

#11 6 years ago

How much will the standards be, and is there an approximate timeframe?

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

How much will the standards be, and is there an approximate timeframe?

The info on Kickstarter implies a December 2015 delivery and about $7K or less for a standard.

#13 6 years ago

Will a flipping example be at Chicago EXPO this year? The only way I am even going to expo is if enough new boutique games are there to see.

WOOLY will be there but it would be cool to see this game also.

3 months later
    #18 6 years ago

Holy shit. Is there a way to get a refund from kickstarter? That's not cool.

#19 6 years ago

The whole Vonnie D thing was fishy and scammy from the start. I feel bad for anyone who actually gave them money.

#20 6 years ago

Never trust anybody from Missouri.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Holy shit. Is there a way to get a refund from kickstarter? That's not cool.

I sincerely hope that the 12 people who allegedly put out the cash for a whole machine were fake. And hopefully back-flipper and the few others who reserved a spot can get their $250 back as well. But I have doubts that will happen.

It looks like Wes is going to need the money for bail and a lawyer

#22 6 years ago

The employee's at Kickstarter who "Staff Picked" the Pinball Gremlins project should be arrested also.

#23 6 years ago

Kickstarter had know way of knowing in July that the guy was going to be arrested in October.

When the project funded and the time elapsed, the money was given to the person listing the campaign. Kickstarter does not have the money to return to people and should not be responsible to do so. There is no evidence that the money was being collected for anything other than the listed project.

#24 6 years ago

http://www.justice.gov/usao/mow/news2014/upchurch.ind.html

He was indicted on October 18, 2013 of these charges. A full disclosure of any pending litigation against the person listing the campaign would of been nice. Instead they "Staff Picked" it.

#25 6 years ago

Coming soon the newest puppet show from Vonnie D Pinball.....

Screen Shot 2014-10-12 at 2.20.57 PM.png

#26 6 years ago

Don't drop the soap multiball?

#28 6 years ago

It's crazy to think that people can be indicted for selling fake pot when there are no less than 20 pot stores within 10 miles of here. Von needs to ditch this upchurch guy asap if he ever wants to be successful.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisVW:

It's crazy to think that people can be indicted for selling fake pot when there are no less than 20 pot stores within 10 miles of here. Von needs to ditch this upchurch guy asap if he ever wants to be successful.

I think that chance of success has sailed. U going to give ur money to someone after all this goes down?

#31 6 years ago

I like how the article plucked the picture from Upchurch's "Wikiland" page...which someone should update, btw.

http://wikiland.net/wesley-upchurch/

#32 6 years ago

Not suprised by this news. Upchurch was sketchy as hell.

#33 6 years ago

Is this article real? They name a person called Puff N Stuff

Edit: seems it's a retail business. Hoping H. R wasn't involved in this.

hrpufnstuf.jpg

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from jardine:

Is this article real? They name a person called Puff N Stuff
    Edit: seems it's a retail business. unfortunate...

hrpufnstuf.jpg 44 KB

Look more closely.
    Puff N Stuff: Good
    Puff N Snuff: Bad

Hope Barry Oursler dis-associates himself from this mess.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Hope Barry Oursler dis-associates himself from this mess.

That shouldn't be difficult being his only association thus far has been a picture on the kickstarter page.

#36 6 years ago

Seriously... who here in Pinside gave more than $50 to these guys?

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

BackFlipper apparently

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from WonkoTSane:

Kickstarter had know way of knowing in July that the guy was going to be arrested in October.
    When the project funded and the time elapsed, the money was given to the person listing the campaign. Kickstarter does not have the money to return to people and should not be responsible to do so. There is no evidence that the money was being collected for anything other than the listed project.

The listed project being funded by robots!! Kickstarter was informed of this by folks here and looked to do nothing about. So KS has earned the crap they've sown. I have no sympathy for an exposed scammer being ignored by a funding project.

#39 6 years ago

#40 6 years ago

I'm glad we were looking out for eachother here. Great job my friends! Pinside protects.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisVW:

Vonnie D pinball never took off. Bad marketing, poor choice of friends, Vonnie D had a reputation as a bad pinball repairer long before his enthusiasm outstretched his abilities.

VD is done. Moving on.

#42 6 years ago

THe kickstarter was obviously rigged.

#43 6 years ago

I don't know what you guys are worried about.

Quoted from wesupchurch:

You can say what you want about our credibility, but we will make you eat your words. Pinball Gremlins is coming.

#44 6 years ago

I would be so happy to be wrong.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

I was tempted to give $1 or $5, just to see how the Kickstarter develops but I was too lazy to proceed.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

The listed project being funded by robots!!

The robots must have been buying the synthetic MJ. So that's how this works!

#47 6 years ago

...there's a Michael Jordan game? Cool.

#48 6 years ago

Wow. Thats all I have to say.

#49 6 years ago

Isn't Wes just the hypeman? Did he have anything to do with the actually building of the machine?

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Isn't Wes just the hypeman? Did he have anything to do with the actually building of the machine?

If you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Loop Combo Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 295.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.95
    There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside