(Topic ID: 94620)

Vonnie D Pinball-----Now Live with videos...Kickstarter LE...?

By kidchrisso

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 195 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by underlord
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Road Runner outlane.jpg
    6-26-2014 9-51-58 AM.jpg
    dsc05321.jpg
    Bp9kngZCMAE_T05.png
    There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 9 years ago

hmmmm, looks interesting and I really like the idea of the machine playing against you. I wish them luck.

#52 9 years ago

I like the concept, sounds very creative..but man the timing is a bit unfortunate. Everyone's broke from buying all the different pins that are on order: MMR, TH or IMVE, and not counting Predator and AMH.

#53 9 years ago

Very excited about this. Hope we can all have positive attitudes about this and help.

#54 9 years ago

I agree, some cool ideas. Hope they can make it happen.

#55 9 years ago

The market is not big enough to support all of these new garage pinball companies. I do wish to be proven wrong,but the 8,000 price tag is history. MM is the only game that will be successful at 8k and not a ton of them will sell either. Even Pinball Circus wont do well at 8k and will likely be a ton more. And yes I know there are some naked games for 6500.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

This is going to be EPIC.!!
    And I am ordering #1 if I can, I have a good feeling about this.!!
    Vonnie D is the man.!!

Quoted from limelime20:

That whiteboard looks sick IMO.!! It reminds me of TRON meets DEMO MAN.., great design Vonnie D.!!
    Let's make this happen.!!!

dsc05321.jpgdsc05321.jpg

#57 9 years ago

If I'm reading these versions correctly on the reward page there will be...

Early Bird (standard)
    Early Bird LE
    Limited Edition LE
    Kickstarter LE
    Go for Gold LE

#58 9 years ago

Best pinball launch to a Pinball Machine EVER..!! I am in for #1 machine..!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=dHdTRPrkbPM&app=desktop

Vonnie D, You are the MAN.!!

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Big laboswki did this... Talk to me in a few years when they build something. I happy to give my money when they ship. No more ore orders for me. Ill pay extra when its done if I have too

This is the only true way never to be fawked again in the pinball world. Play before you pay.

#60 9 years ago

I will say the concept is very cool. And I love the art and theme, I do wish them luck. It would be my dream to make pinball machines for a living as well. But after seeing JJP and how much money it has taken them to get going, plus the fact that they seem to still be struggling. I don't see all of these pre-order going down well in the history books. If however they do get this made and it is cool and worth 6500 or more then I will be a buyer. I don't see a 6500 value in all of the other games (predator, Ben Heck Haunted house etc.) but I will wait and play them. I could totally be wrong and I love pinball so I wish them all luck.

#61 9 years ago

Best of luck to these guys could be very cool. No more pre books for me especially a brand new startup like this. It's a positive thing that Barry is on board. To much money tied up in TH and MMR, not enough funds to go around, no big lebowski,Jpop,Spooky,Predator or any other start ups. I hope they all succeed but for me there is only so much money to go around it's almost becoming like the flooded housing market of a few years back and we all know how that turned out. My fingers are crossed that it doesn't happen to pinball. I think right now I'll stick with the big 3 Stern, JJP and PPS.

I think if any new startup is gonna get my money going forward in the near future it will be Pinball Circus!

Joe(acejedi)

#62 9 years ago

Wait... did this announcement say that they got Barry Oursler on the project?

This might be worth looking into. The art looks good.

#63 9 years ago

Yes if they reach their 100k goal.

Joe(acejedi)

#64 9 years ago

Recent pinball-related crowd-funding campaigns:

Pinball Arcade: The Twilight Zone - $77,499
    PAPA TV: Livestreaming Pinball - $58,808
    World's Largest MUSEUM OF PINBALL - Help Us Launch! - $24,602
    SS Billiards 2014 Refresh - $14,440
    Ann Arbor Pinball Museum Wants to Open! - $10,338
    Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo 2014 - $5,776

Wish them all the best but, historically-speaking, $100,000 seems like a big ask.

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Wait... did this announcement say that they got Barry Oursler on the project?
    This might be worth looking into. The art looks good.

Yes.

And the glass that changes color sounds really cool.

#66 9 years ago

The theme is creative and interesting. Love the art style, though the main boss seems to be sort of a typical, boring devil character. We've seen that a thousand times before. Would like to see a unique main boss.

I really like the idea of the machine "attacking" the player, reducing the score, etc. However, many of the specific ideas they mentioned (reverse flippers, no hold flippers, lights out) were ideas implemented in WOZ. Would like to see some new ideas emerge.

I wish the Vonnie-D team the best of luck. It sounds like you have some great ideas and lots of passion for the project. I'm not pre-ordering at this point, but will be monitoring the progress closely.

#67 9 years ago

Electrically-switchable smart glass (color changing) is crazy expensive. Wouldn't be holding your breath in it being on a pinball machine any time soon.

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Wish them all the best but, historically-speaking, $100,000 seems like a big ask.

Pat Lawlor Pro Pinball ?

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from horseypin:

Pat Lawlor Pro Pinball ?

Thanks, checked it out:

Pro Pinball®: Revived & Remastered - $174,010 (unsuccessful - goal was $400,000)

So a pinball-related crowd-funding project raising more than $100,000 - impressive!

#70 9 years ago

Best of luck to these guys. It will be interesting to see how this will develop.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

I like the concept, sounds very creative..but man the timing is a bit unfortunate. Everyone's broke from buying all the different pins that are on order: MMR, TH or IMVE, and not counting Predator and AMH.

I don't even think it's just that people are broke. I think a lot of people are burnt out on the idea of funding a company with the promise and hope that someday they will get a game. Been there, done that.

#72 9 years ago

I've followed (not backed) a LOT of kickstarters. The reward tiers for this are not well thought out at all. Hopefully they succeed as it would be great for them to get up and running, but $3k for an invite to a release party? $5k for "part of history", but no machine? Eek.

Good luck to them, though.

#73 9 years ago

I think i'll give them the 100k for 35% equity.

#74 9 years ago

So if you back 10K for an LE, I would hope all that's owed is shipping....

#75 9 years ago

I don't think 100k is anywhere near enough to do anything with. Good luck to them honestly, but it will be underfunded from the get go I fear.

#76 9 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

Best pinball launch to a Pinball Machine EVER..!! I am in for #1 machine..!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=dHdTRPrkbPM&app=desktop
    Vonnie D, You are the MAN.!!

Strange, I don't see any backers at the pre-order a machine level.

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Pinball Arcade: The Twilight Zone - $77,499
    PAPA TV: Livestreaming Pinball - $58,808
    World's Largest MUSEUM OF PINBALL - Help Us Launch! - $24,602
    SS Billiards 2014 Refresh - $14,440
    Ann Arbor Pinball Museum Wants to Open! - $10,338
    Southern-Fried Gameroom Expo 2014 - $5,776

To be fair, with this attempt, you could be pre-ordering a game, which you weren't really doing with these others. Just get some swag. If you treat it like other "hey lets pre-order an announced game with next to no information or timeline" then those seem to do pretty well (at least so far). Predator, Magic Girl, RAZA, WOZ ...

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from shawngg:

I think i'll give them the 100k for 35% equity

This also includes the patents.

#79 9 years ago

Very interesting, and the artwork does look nice. I wish these guys all the success in the world. However, what many here have said is also true for me - I have to play a game many times before I'm comfortable spending thousands of dollars on it.

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

To be fair, with this attempt, you could be pre-ordering a game, which you weren't really doing with these others. Just get some swag. If you treat it like other "hey lets pre-order an announced game with next to no information or timeline" then those seem to do pretty well (at least so far). Predator, Magic Girl, RAZA, WOZ ...

Good point.

#81 9 years ago

Another boutique manufacturer looking for pre-order dollars, this time through Kickstarter. Hoping for the best, but there sure are a lot people trying to make pinball machines these days...

NEWS: Vonnie D Pinball announces “PINBALL GREMLINS”
    http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/06/26/news-vonnie-d-pinball-announces-pinball-gremlins/

#82 9 years ago

I see someone pledged $150 which gives them a "shout out on our Facebook page".

Do they only get this shout out if the goal of $100,000 is reached?

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

I think so.

I believe the way kick start works is if the project is not funded in the time no one pays the money, hence no one gets anything.

I also think the 100k for a pinball start-up is way to little to make it a success!

You need more like 1m+

#84 9 years ago

interesting. not a fan of kickstarters tho. Promo video tip #1: talk to the camera, and don't awkwardly read a cue card sitting next to the camera. It looks dumb and sounds fake. Also, the angle of the right orbit entrance looks way off. What shot will go up there? And it's a whitewood already?

#85 9 years ago

they left out the "month supply of bath salts" reward level.

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I think so.
    I believe the way kick start works is if the project is not funded in the time no one pays money, hence no one gets anything.
    I also think the 100k for a pinball start-up is way to little to make it a success!
    You need more like 1m+

I couldn't agree more 100k is a little weak for what they are saying this pin will have in it. And with all the othere pre orders out hobbit, bl, mmr, thunderbirds, woz. I think the pinball world is soaked with enough pre orders.

#87 9 years ago

excited to hear of another set of guys following a dream but refuse to fund a start up with nothing to show for it besides a slick office and foam core drawing plus some art.

Please wake me up when they have a flippable and programmed game.

They obviously got quite a bit ahead of themselves on this one.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Not to devalue the market, but I give shout outs for free.

Shout out to Matt in Wisconsin!

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

Not to devalue the market, but I give shout outs for free.
    Shout out to Matt in Wisconsin!

Pffft, this isn't on FACEBOOK.

#90 9 years ago

6-26-2014 9-51-58 AM.jpg6-26-2014 9-51-58 AM.jpg

#91 9 years ago

Has anyone seen what the basic machine is set to retail for? I see where if you pledge $6500 you are supposed to get a discounted basic model. What are you saving off the original price? If I front you $6500 bucks on a sight u seen pinball yet to be produced I want at least 15% off the street price when it releases. I think too many pinball upstart companies are being unrealistic about the market and how much people are willing to pay for a pinball machine. To anyone paying attention it is very evident that we are riding the end of the "pinball boom" wave. The market is quickly getting saturated and there are A LOT of awesome used pins for sale. Will this machine really be worth three times the price of a RBION?

#92 9 years ago

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it in this one too- I'm definitely interested to see how that kickstarter works out for them. Midnight Syndicate for audio is very cool for sure, and Barry Oursler is a huge plus!

My big worry is that they only have/show a Future Pinball mockup. It would have been nice to at least see the start of a legit whitewood even if it did little more then just pulse the flippers and jets. Future Pinball physics does not equal real world physics. I'm just glad they have a seasoned designer to help out with that virtual->real transition.

#93 9 years ago

I wonder if it will have lots of interactive toys??

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

[Facebook Image]

Well played. Well played indeed.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

Midnight Syndicate for audio is very cool for sure, and Barry Oursler is a huge plus!...... I'm just glad they have a seasoned designer to help out with that virtual->real transition.

Is Oursler involved at all at this point? The way I read it was that they would bring him in if they got enough money to send him a fat paycheck.

#96 9 years ago

ooh

#97 9 years ago

The concept looks very interesting. I hope it works out for them.

#98 9 years ago

You know what would be nice? If they released the VP table for us to try similar to how WOOLY did. That might actually help sell people on it. I mean, I won't be in at $6.5k no matter what, but for those that are at ALL interested, it would nice to at least get an impression of how the table may play.

#99 9 years ago

I don't know about that. Just looking at their schematic I, as well as many others I'm sure, noticed a bunch things that will need to change on that FP table before it can be real world playable. Because of that releasing the FP table to the world would probably be a bad idea since it wouldn't actually represent the later table.

That said, they did release a high res FP schematic... it wouldn't be difficult someone to rebuild it (minus fully accurate ramps).

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quietmouse:

Is Oursler involved at all at this point? The way I read it was that they would bring him in if they got enough money to send him a fat paycheck.

exactly.

There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vonnie-d-pinball-8-days-left-on-the-count-down/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.