7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I made a suggestion on the pintastic thread about having a seminar on how to build a 60 in 1.
    Dave contacted me and asked if I could try to organize something and find someone who might be qualified to run it.

I built one a couple of years ago but it was with a lot of help and I am far from qualified to run it. I was more looking to go to the seminar then run it when I made the suggestion.

Parts could be provided for you or if you want to bring your own and just share your knowledge that would be great.

I have a Golden Tee cabinet and bought a 450 game jamma setup on Ebay, but just haven't had the time to do anything with it. I'm assuming it would be the same as a 60 in 1 and someone else had offered up a regular cabinet so I'm sure we can scrape together the parts.
    I don't imagine it being an overly long seminar. Most of my experience with them has found it's more carpentry then it is electronics. However I think that there would be interested in the topic.

#2 6 years ago

The "expert" in this seminar doesn't necessarily need to put together a presentation. Butch could ask questions to drive the discussion along. Audience members will probably add both questions and answers. Practical "lessons learned" would be the main thing to discuss. If you are a person who has built one or more of these and has learned some of those lessons, please consider being a part of this.
    .................David Marston

1 month later
    #3 6 years ago

BTW, we have confirmed that we can get a complete set of the necessary parts. If you've built one and learned some lessons, please consider stepping up to talk about it.

#4 6 years ago

I won't be in attendance, but I have built probably 30+ multicades. If you had a list of questions in advance, I would gladly answer them, and you can use the answers in the seminar however you see fit.

#5 6 years ago

I think I have marshalled enough resources to make this happen. Anyone who has experience in building one of these and will be at Pintastic is encouraged to attend the discussion (in the Seminar Room) and tell us the "lessons learned" that a first-time builder should know.

@Butch2099, get your questions ready!

#6 6 years ago

Make sure ya'll don't forget the part where you encourage them to not be douchebags and try and fob off a 100$ arcade cabinet with a 50$ board in it as a thousand dollar game machine.Or better yet just don't tear up old games at all.

Here's a lesson: Keep things reversible.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I think I have marshalled enough resources to make this happen. Anyone who has experience in building one of these and will be at Pintastic is encouraged to attend the discussion (in the Seminar Room) and tell us the "lessons learned" that a first-time builder should know.
    Butch2099, get your questions ready!

Cool! Looking forward to it!

#8 6 years ago

There's a big difference between building from a pre-made multicade board and building a MAME setup. The better multicade boards are already Jamma compatible, and are little more than plug and play with little in the way of configuration or wiring necessary.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volunteer-need-2give-seminar-at-pintastic-on-how-to-build-a-60-in-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.