7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Homepin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Is there a standard for volume on new sterns. I have a metalica next to a GOT premium and the volume is totally diffrent.

The GoT is much louder then the Metallica when they are at the same volume number.

#2 7 years ago

Not sure how old your Met is but it could be Spike. Got has Spike where as Met was released using SAM.

#3 7 years ago

That's what the volume level adjustment is for.

#4 7 years ago

Yes, its Spike vs Sam. Spike systems are MUCH louder. My Ghostbusters is set to something like 8 where my Metallica is set to 44. The Spike system is outstanding. Just adjust them appropriately =)

#5 7 years ago

ALL volume controls are logarithmic NOT linear. This means the perceived level adjustment occurs very early in the scale (or turn as in a mechanical pot).

A volume setting of 6 in a scale of 0~10 will never be 6/10ths of the available volume etc.

#6 7 years ago

I really don't know the point you are trying to make though. We aren't comparing apples to apples. A setting of 6 on a SAM is not equal to a 6 on a Spike.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Meph:

I really don't know the point you are trying to make though. We aren't comparing apples to apples. A setting of 6 on a SAM is not equal to a 6 on a Spike.

...and a setting of 6 will not be the same on your Samsung TV or your car stereo. Every piece of electronic equipment will have a different perceived volume level at any given "comparable" setting.

It is a "non issue" in any case and one I am sure the design engineers at Stern gave zero thought to.

#8 7 years ago

Here's the sound settings I ise for GOT PRO with an external sub. If you don't have an external sub, it might not be as good...

Speaker volume: 12
    Bass: 102
    Treble: 90
    Speech attenuation: +10
    Music attenuation: -10

#9 7 years ago

The sounds numbers are drastically different on the MET and the GoT. The only reason I care is because I route these games and want to find a volume that keeps the games fun to play and not piss off the pool players.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from aveamike:

The sounds numbers are drastically different on the MET and the GoT. The only reason I care is because I route these games and want to find a volume that keeps the games fun to play and not piss off the pool players.

Surely the volume setting will differ from site to site as well as machine to machine and is very subjective based on other noise in the venue as well as size and acoustics of each individual place?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volume-on-new-sterns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.