9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by arolden
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Hi all.

I may be purchasing a few WPC games soon. They appear to be in working order but of course I would like to do my own checks. I already know to look for battery leakage, bulging capacitors and other physical problems. But which voltages should I also be checking as a matter of course? So far I know I should at least check the +5 and +20 VDC at the test points. I also like to check the voltages going to the DMD so I can see if the high voltage section has problems. Are there any others that are important to inspect?

Thanks in advance everyone.

#2 9 years ago

That's not bad stuff to check, but turning on the game and playing a game should be just as good of an indicator of major problems.

You can also go through all of the tests to figure it all out. Switches, lamps, GI, coils, flashers, and any special game-specific tests. Oh, and look for credits and anything in the operator alert when you enter the menus.

#3 9 years ago

Make a list of the games and make posts for each game.Ask about known problems to look for. G.L. Joe

#4 9 years ago

More important than checking voltage should be verifying all fuse sizes are correct.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from z28dan:

More important than checking voltage should be verifying all fuse sizes are correct.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the advice everyone. Of course I will also be checking the fuses and the diagnostic tests as well. From the sounds of it, there isn't much point in checking any other voltages. I guess I have everything covered!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/voltages-in-the-backbox-to-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.