5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180527-082214 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider presqueisle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Volley was 100% until is wasn’t. Went to start a new game and the 10,000 score reel did not reset, and the score motor ran non stop.
Been cleaning and checking switches but am missing something obvious I think.

#4 5 years ago

Very sorry I deserted this. I had a family situation pull me away, and I don’t keep this game at home. Thanks for the help so far, I really appreciate it.

The zero position sw looks good and has been cleaned.
The motor does stop when 10k reel is reset to zero.
Game actually played once! But when I went to start another game the 10k reel wouldn’t reset again.
Reset to zero again.
Tried to start another game and it won’t play now and ball won’t eject to shooter lane.
10k reel is snappy and all looks good. Manually going through the 1k reel activates the 10k.

The reset bank will activate only when game was turned off, then on again (but 10k reel won’t reset nor will ball kick out).

If a new game is started without having first turned game off/on...Reset bank will not trip.

#6 5 years ago

The score motor does not continue to run now, so I’m on to getting the 10k reel to reset. I don’t have a jumper here.

#8 5 years ago

I have everything working now, but the 10k reel reset issue. Game plays perfect otherwise.
So I’m ahead of where I started.

All relays and switches have been gone over. All operate well but I’m at a loss to what I’m missing. I’m more of a visual tech and that fixes 95% for me. But this one is beating me up (sore back

I have the schematic here but those get tricky for me on certain issues. I’m not sure if I’m following it.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

The score reel reset circuit works off a single wire daisy chained from probably the 10s reel switch stack ending at the 10k reel switch stack. Check the 1k switch stack for the burned off wire connection.

Thanks, I’ve been thru them but I’ll have to check again.

Quoted from currieddog:

Those Decagon reels can be tetchy. A visual doesn't ensure that things are correct. Take a look at the link I posted above.

I’ll go thru everything again. I appreciate the help.
I was wondering if a switch on the score motor would cause this.
Again, everything plays now, just the 10k reel is not resetting.
I’ve been thru the score motor pretty well but wonder if I may have missed something there.
I’m close! I’ll get back to it this afternoon/eve.
Driving me a little batty.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Check the AX relay switch with OR+RED wire.

The AX is good I think. Fingers crossed.

I believe I found my issue, alhough I haven’t fixed the problem yet. It has to be in the score reels.
When re-examining the 10k reel it looked good. Then I compared the switch action to a reel that was resetting properly...and I noticed they were off. After going back and forth I was getting different reels to not reset, make the score motor run etc. Everything but getting the 10k to reset, haha. I think i have the sequences off. It’s tricky. My eyes were strained so I’ll have to start again in a couple hours.

Quoted from HowardR:

Get me a high quality scan of the schematic from e.g. Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6), and PM me some contact information and I'll talk to you on the phone.

Much appreciated.
I feel the reel switches are my issue now. I need to sort it out with fresh eyes. There are two forward strokes but certain switches open and some stay closed... That’s my issue I’m pretty sure. I think I also went through and misaligned some when I thought I was aligning. Hate when that happens New problems pop up!
Thanks for the offer and I’ll let you know.

#18 5 years ago

Sheesh I must be dumb and/or blind.
Vote now!

So after verifying the correct score reel positions for the zero, one and nine switches, I initially thought I had fixed the 10k reel issue. It reset! But then I noticed the 100s didn’t reset. Motor spins etc. I went out and bought a bright work light (I’m not at home where my tools were left, bought a magnifying glass, cleaned and sanded everything etc.
I’ve looked at it up and down. The switches have to be good.
Since my score reel issues are migrating I’m left to believe the problem lies elsewhere.

*While trying to fine tune all the reels I did keep going back and forth between them because different ones at times wouldn’t reset. I thought I was going crazy. Maybe I am.

Would my AX relay cause this? (Meaning: random reels not resetting). It’s been checked over multiple times ...but I sure am missing something.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Check the solder tabs and connections. I had to reflow the match unit pcb before it would work on mine. Since messing with the score reels has changed things, I believe that is where your problem is.

Thanks for the help.
On the reels?
The only reason I was hesitant to go there is that now they have all taken turns not resetting. I’m not sure if my tweaking of those switches has done anything either since I didn’t find noticeable issues.

#22 5 years ago

Fixed!
Thanks for everyone’s help.
It was in the AX relay. A tough to see switch had me fooled, which isn’t hard I guess

#28 5 years ago

It was a back switch that actually moved slightly, harder to see and it was making it look like contact was being made. But it was from the pressure of the adjoining switch that was making the illusion. It was one of those y, or tuning fork looking, type double switch blades. Pressure on one moved the other. Drove me bonkers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider presqueisle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volley-start-up-issue-1?tu=presqueisle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.