IMG_6189 (resized).JPG
IMG_6184 (resized).JPG
IMG_6163 (resized).JPG
IMG_6172 (resized).JPG
IMG_6155 (resized).JPG
stepper (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
coin adj (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from MeGotYou:

Everything works perfect however every time I add a quarter to the coin door the stepper motor subtracts a game instead of adding a game. Has anyone ever come across this problem? The game allows credits to be added when you win a game or match but for some reason if you add a quarter it takes away a game. I can manually add a game by pushing the plunger of the coil in the rear of the head . Any ideas?

This is normal for most games if you have it set to 1 coin 1 play (the old US Dime setting). The 1/1 setting usually uses the "Start" relay as the source for a single credit. When set to 2 or more credits per coin, a different set of circuits is used to route multiple pulses to the credit wheel.

In almost every case, there is NO 1 credit per coin setting (providing a single up pulse to the credit wheel) as it was not necessary.

Players had to learn the hard way, if you drop in a coin, with credits remaining on the credit wheel, it will take one away.

There were also games (King Kool) that come to mind that if it was set to 3 credits per coin, it would start a game immediately and put 2 credits on the credit wheel. I am sure there were others too, but that was one I remember well from my youth.

#21 6 years ago

One adjusts amount of travel to pull back and grab the next tooth. The other adjust limit of travel as the arm returns to rest and pushes the ratchet one tooth forward.

#25 6 years ago

What you describe is what happens when the single pin Jones plug that would adjust the 2nd Chute value (2-5) is either not plugged in, or plugged into the wrong strip.

What we need are photos of the area right around the transformer on the floor. There should be 3 Jones plug strips. There would probably be two that are two positions and one that is 5

The decal you shows would indicate your game has the two coin function which would include an AS relay (mini stepper).

Attached photo is of my Jacks Open. Similar era, also has the alternator AS relay (designation DY relay on this one). Disregard settings and extra wiring as my game is converted to two coin one credit (50 cents per play).

1506819534349732168391 (resized).jpg1506819534349732168391 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170930_180308430 (resized).jpgIMG_20170930_180308430 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volley-em-pinball-coinstepper-odd-situation?tu=cactusjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.