By FlipnFargo

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

21209093_10102616947274041_227930814_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlipnFargo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Looking for help with a system 80 pinball machine. I have gone through everything I know like solenoids, new MPU Rottendog, driver from Marco and Rottendog power supply boards and I have yet to find anything. Nothing changed. The game partially plays with some solenoids on the playfield not firing even though the coils check good. The sound also starts and plays after each ball but will gradually fade away. maybe its a short somewhere but I dont know where, lights all work just fine so that is where I am at. thought about beginning to disconnect solenoids 1 by 1 if it is a short by why wouldn't I see the coil ohm bad. The displays all work correctly and scores the playfield just fine. multi ball also has a issue where it kicks out 2 balls for the next ball after they drain. anyway could really use some help.

21209093_10102616947274041_227930814_n (resized).jpg21209093_10102616947274041_227930814_n (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Have you re-pinned any of the female connectors to the mpu or driver board yet? I'd probably start there. On my BH, i re-pinned all the connectors except for the double-sided ones. I did just order an MPU-to-driver board connector from Docent Electronics though, so that one will soon be new as well.
Also, are the ground mods done?

I have repinned J5 and J6 female connectors for the mpu board. its actually a brand new connector and soldered on the wires. the mpu to driver is a brand new harness with the double pin for the ground already installed.

I dont know how to do the ground mod or if it is even necessary when you have brand new replacement boards. The only original board left is the sound board and I take that off just as a less is better for troubleshooting.

How many fuses are in this game? I think I have found them all but worth a double check.
I plan on posting a link to youtube of what goes on when I play and what I all have in the game. would be nice to verify if the mpu board is actually operating properly.

2 months later
#5 6 years ago

So, I have made it a long ways since. still not working though. did the ground mods, it was a mpu board issue. bought a new schwimmer electronics board. always had success with those. now everything works even the sound, BUT!!! now half the solenoids don't work on the playfield. I am guessing they are considered the non controlled solenoids. the flippers, pop bumpers, sling shot, left ball save outlane and motor for the adjustable plunge of the ball. I mean I am so close to having this done but now it seems like it has to be something simple.

#7 6 years ago

I am not. and all fuses are good

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FlipnFargo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volcano-system-80-playfield-sorta-works-sound-fades-out?tu=FlipnFargo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.