5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have been looking through the forums for previous posts on system 80 sound issues and found some good advice that I have followed, but there is still no in-game sound. Voice works fine both in game and in attract mode. It is a brand new swemmer sound/speech board so that isn't the issue. Here is what I have done thus far to troubleshoot.

1) Pulled the A3J5 connector and grounded pin 6, pin 5, pin 1, and pin 7. Sound were generated by grounding each connection so the connector to the sound board through A6J1 is good.
2) grounded chip z13 on the driver board pin 2, pin 4, pin 6, pin 7 and no sounds were generated. Rebuilt the connector at A3J5 and retested z13 still no sounds generated.
3) Checked sound 16 coming from driver board by grounding z3 pin 7. No sound generated. Grounded the connection at A3J2 PIN 9 no sound generated. Checked the sound board connector at A6J1 pin 2 it looks fine. I have rebuilt that whole connection.

Stumped.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/volcano-no-in-game-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.