2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BE7AE573-8DCF-4343-8A7A-EAE1BA06B29F.jpeg
    762E1D5C-B26E-4521-BBC2-9342D176F838.jpeg
    5C65950C-91A4-47C9-BF93-E7C35F733523.jpeg
    20200523_215735_3.gif
    20200523_215735_2.gif
    20200523_215735_1.gif
    tna 2 purple (resized).jpg
    baa5305a49af5b5071a9230352a93bbf49334974 (resized).jpg
    15847596650015833464308549320581 (resized).jpg
    20190621_225940.jpg
    20190621_230214.jpg
    20190621_222502 (resized).jpg
    20190406_232535 (resized).jpg
    25EEFB64-6D28-4D0A-9EB3-DE1994ADB7F4 (resized).jpeg
    05ED6712-413A-4161-952F-D57EEECCFC14 (resized).jpeg
    C88CDF78-DCEB-4509-A640-0B6A74E024F1 (resized).jpeg

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Hi guys and gals, here's my new mod called VACANO After 6 months of design and testing I'm releasing my mod for sale. It's a Pincup slip in that sits in the bottom of the drink holder and lights up your glass. I call it Volcano because when you look down into your cup you look into a Volcano of light. It also looks great from the side. My trusted parts suppliers (one of them is Beatmaster here on Pinside) supplied me with top notch parts again made to my exact specifications. I then hand assemble them myself to assure top quality control so the buck starts and stops with me. I've had one turned on on one of my games for 5 weeks straight with no problems whats so ever. They are water resistant and damn near waterproof and very rugged with a light diffusing top so your glass won't stick to it if it's wet. If your drink overflows your glass there is room for it to drain out the center hole in the bottom of your Pincup. If you have a Pincup that's painted on the inside that will light up from the Volcano also, especially if it's a silver color. For an additional charge I can install a 12v rocker on/off switch in line so you can turn it on and off anytime you wish.

Volcano comes with your choice of 7 colors, red, blue, green, purple, amber, white and Cool Blue (in between white and blue). It's plug-n-play and has 2 connectors on it, one is small male connector connected to the end of a 6 inch length of wire coming from the mod, that plugs into a small female plug which is attached to the main 36 inch power wire which you tape to the underside of the cabinet and up through the speaker hole. The wire has a Molex 3 pin female connector (the 2 outer pins are used for 12v power). With my Leg Light-Ups I always suggest using an 8 way power splitter available from PBL ($25) for plugging that mod into and using a 110v to 12v converter and plugging that into the 110v service outlet in the game, the Volcano would plug into that. I like that set up because it doesn't put any additional strain on your game power board especially with an older game.

Your friends will never forget you have cup holders on your games with the VOLCANO.

Here are the simple instructions for installing Volcano into your Pincup.

1. Drill a 1/4 inch diameter hole 1/2 inch up from the bottom in the back side of your Pincup,
    IMGA0493 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0494 (resized).JPG

2. Insert Volcano textured surface side up and poke male connector through the hole,
    IMGA0495 (resized).JPG

3. Plug the male into the female,
    IMGA0592 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0593 (resized).JPG

Now mount your Pincup, run the wires under your cabinet, tape them up, run the wires into the cabinet through the speaker hole and plug the Molex connector into a 12v source. OR into the 8 way splitter that I described earlier.

This is the 110v/12v setup that I described earlier.
    IMGA0594 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0595 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0596 (resized).JPG

The price of Volcano is $43 or $50 with the installed on/off rocker switch with FREE shipping in the lower 48

Thanks a lot for looking, if you have questions feel free to ask,

MustangPaul

PS, here's what the mod looks like fired up.

Green
    IMGA0216 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0217 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0218 (resized).JPG

Purple
    IMGA0588 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0587 (resized).JPG

White
    IMGA0590 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0589 (resized).JPG

Red
    IMGA0497 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0498 (resized).JPG

Amber
    IMGA0505 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0506 (resized).JPG

Cool Blue
    IMGA0501 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0502 (resized).JPG

Blue
    IMGA0601 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0602 (resized).JPG

I may retake these pictures with better ice cubes and the colors are much richer in real life.

#2 2 years ago

That's Clever Paul. Nice Work!

#3 2 years ago

Looks awesome. I see a couple of these in my near future.

#4 2 years ago

great idea and enhances to people that they have a drink at the game especially in a lights off or low lit room, cool effective idea.

#5 2 years ago

Finally Paul you made the announcement, looks great, i'm glad i could help.

#6 2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Quoted from swinks:

great idea and enhances to people that they have a drink at the game especially in a lights off or low lit room, cool effective idea.

Yes ESPECIALLY in a dark room, being lit up it gives you a lit "target" to hit with your drink and you'll never have to tell people you have drink holders again. If they walk away from the game to play another they can always "find" where they left their drink too.... I've been guilty of that a "few" times.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

Finally Paul you made the announcement, looks great, i'm glad i could help.

Thanks Bob for being one of my trusted suppliers from the get go. Your always VERY much appreciated.

#8 2 years ago

Awesome bro!!! I'll be in touch!

#10 2 years ago

Stop emptying my wallet!

I’ll be pming u next couple days

#11 2 years ago

That's pretty cool, Paul, never would have thought of that, but that's why we have you!

#12 2 years ago

Cool idea. While I'm sure the effect is not as great could you show one photo using a can of beer and a bottled beer? Curious if there would still be some illumination which would be neat. Just not many mixed drink or water drinkers at my pinball events. Curious to see if this might still be an option.

#13 2 years ago

DRINK LIGHT UPS

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks Bob for being one of my trusted suppliers from the get go. Your always VERY much appreciated.

thanks for the kind words. this is what pinball is all about, helping each other and working together.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from sc93cobra:

That's pretty cool, Paul, never would have thought of that, but that's why we have you!

Thanks Chris.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Cool idea. While I'm sure the effect is not as great could you show one photo using a can of beer and a bottled beer? Curious if there would still be some illumination which would be neat. Just not many mixed drink or water drinkers at my pinball events. Curious to see if this might still be an option.

I'll try that with a white and post the pictures.

Quoted from epthegeek:

DRINK LIGHT UPS

Yup, so you can find your drink when you "get lit-up" playing pinball.

Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks for the kind words. this is what pinball is all about, helping each other and working together.

Your more then welcome Bob. We sure can get a lot done when we work together can't we.

Thanks Art.

#17 2 years ago

What's it look like lit in dark room but without a glass? Is the purple uv?

#18 2 years ago

Does it need a weight activated switch? Looks like it would be blinding up at your eyes when playing when there is no drink in there. I remember buying coaster that would do this for when I did lights for bands at the clubs. Gotta have the best looking drinks in the place It does look nice!

--Kevin

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The picture is a pretty close representation of the purple color but it's not uv purple.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cappi:

Does it need a weight activated switch? Looks like it would be blinding up at your eyes when playing when there is no drink in there. I remember buying coaster that would do this for when I did lights for bands at the clubs. Gotta have the best looking drinks in the place It does look nice!
    --Kevin

Good questions. No need for a weight activated switch, even with nothing on it all you see is a nice glow that is not blinding. Also, in the players position the cabinet blocks about 70% of the light (I'm 5' 10") and my hand blocks the rest of it. You don't see any light. In between balls and you want to take a swig of your drink you can see exactly where it is, no more fumbling and possibly spilling your drink because you can't find it. The leds are side firing so they light the plastic, you don't see any direct led light except from the sides of the leds which isn't much at all. I understand your concern, I took that into consideration with my design. I hope this explains it well enough for you. With my Leg Light-Ups, beatmasters shooter light up and my new mod Volcano the front of your game lights up beautifully. Thanks for your interest.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Here ya go. It's brighter then what my camera shows.

Bottle
    IMGA0603 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0604 (resized).JPG

Can
    IMGA0605 (resized).JPG
    IMGA0606 (resized).JPG

If the Pincup is painted silver inside they would light up better.

#23 2 years ago

Here ya go.

IMGA0607 (resized).JPG

The black of the Pincup on the inside really absorbs a lot of light. If you were to line the Pincup with chrome vinyl WOW would that brighten it up.

#24 2 years ago

Def going to try these out and when available.

#25 2 years ago

Def going to try these out and when available.

They are available now, just pm me and I'll get started finishing your order with the color you want.

#26 2 years ago

Damn! I might have to start drinking Vodka Soda again! Nice Work Paul! I Finally ironed out the kinks on your Jackbot mod!

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Damn! I might have to start drinking Vodka Soda again! Nice Work Paul! I Finally ironed out the kinks on your Jackbot mod!

I drank those for years and can't even look at one now. Thanks I appreciate that. My Jackbot has one on and it looks great, it's finished too and waiting on your mod.

#29 2 years ago

Very cool Paul....glad you finally finished these up and put them out there for everyone.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Very cool Paul....glad you finally finished these up and put them out there for everyone.

Thanks, it was a bear figuring out a workable solution.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks, it was a bear figuring out a workable solution.

I'm sure it was...I should grab a red one for the Vamp so it looks like a cup of blood sitting there for the taking.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm sure it was...I should grab a red one for the Vamp so it looks like a cup of blood sitting there for the taking.

Oh now your talkin.

#33 2 years ago

Personally..i can't stand PinGulps..but I like it ..I like it!

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from joeraptor2003:

You cant stand having a secure spot to put your beverage while you play?

#35 2 years ago

Thanks Joe.

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

You cant stand having a secure spot to put your beverage while you play?

I think he'd rather put his on the glass.....just kidding.

#36 2 years ago

Personally..i can't stand PinGulps...

I LOVE 'em - so damn handy to keep your beverage within easy reach and no more spilled drinks like before!

These "Volcanos" would look especially cool inside the new translucent red or blue PinGulps too. Very nice Paul and very tempting!

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

These "Volcanos" would look especially cool inside the new translucent red or blue PinGulps too. Very nice Paul and very tempting!

Oh man they sure would, I'll have to buy a red and blue and try them. They only had black when I bought mine a month ago. Just ordered them, I'll have to take pictures and post them when I get them.

#38 2 years ago

I just hooked up a blue transparent Pincup with a blue Volcano on my Jackbot, I think it looks great. My camera doesn't make it look that blue but in real life it looks the perfect blue color. Also here's what the transparent red looks like and again in real life it's perfect red.

IMGA0625 (resized).JPG

IMGA0626 (resized).JPG

IMGA0628 (resized).JPG

IMGA0631 (resized).JPG

IMGA0617 (resized).JPG

IMGA0619 (resized).JPG

IMGA0620 (resized).JPG

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just hooked up a blue transparent Pincup with a blue Volcano on my Jackbot, I think it looks great. My camera doesn't make it look that blue but in real life it looks the perfect blue color. Also here's what the transparent red looks like and again in real life it's perfect red.

That looks pimp!

Where you get clear pin gulps from?

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from NinJaBooT:

That looks pimp!
    Where you get clear pin gulps from?

Thanks, you'll never forget where your drink is with a Volcano on your game.

I wish they (PBL) made a clear one then my different colors would really shine but they only make transparent red and blue.

1 week later
    1 month later
    #42 2 years ago

Hi Paul,
    Sorry I’m new to Pinside but wondered if you still sell the leg leds for Dialed In please.
    Many thanks
    Tony (uk)

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from Beowulfz07:

Hi Paul,
    Sorry I’m new to Pinside but wondered if you still sell the leg leds for Dialed In please.
    Many thanks
    Tony (uk)

Hi Tony, welcome to Pinside. I sure do, check out the last page of my topic here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups for some pictures. Send me a pm and we'll go from there or email me at paulbusta70@comcast.net.

Thanks,

Paul

1 month later
    #44 2 years ago

Some new Volcano pictures.

503d3939be80970523b5de8ed4503a2f55fe84ba (resized).jpg

mods at 18 TPF (resized).jpg

#45 2 years ago

Available for local pickup? I'd really like to check out some of the colors in person, need some volcanos and maybe some leg kits too.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

Available for local pickup? I'd really like to check out some of the colors in person, need some volcanos and maybe some leg kits too.

Depending on the color, I have a few almost ready to go. If you come over you could see first hand how much work is involved in making them. This Sat. afternoon or evening or Sunday would be good. LMK

#47 2 years ago

I put the blue in a red pingulp, not as bright but has a nice effect. Gives you a blue cup in a red cup.

20180505_214610 (resized).jpg
    20180505_214255 (resized).jpg

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

I put the blue in a red pingulp, not as bright bit has a nice effect. Gives you a blue cup in a red cup.

So that's what it looks like, cool. Thanks for posting. Can't misplace your drink or miss the cup holder now. Great to meet you 2.

4 weeks later
    #49 2 years ago

I'll leave these here! Mic ....drop! TNA is next up for mods and got them ready to go!

20180603_003319.jpg20180603_003416.jpg20180603_003422.jpg

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

I'll leave these here! Mic ....drop! TNA is next up for mods and got them ready to go!

Dang they look great. Thanks for posting the pictures Eric.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 64.95
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RobTune
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 750.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 30.40
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 89.99
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 244.99
    There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside